Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Notices

Old August 7th, 2011, 03:17 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: GenCon 2011 Results

Great games everyone...btw, if anyone finds a stray Sacred Band Figure, let me know. One of mine disappeared after the 4th General Wars game.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old August 7th, 2011, 07:43 AM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

3rd place in general wars was peteparkerh. He went 4-1 with Marcus, Romans and 10th to take the top spot for einar.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old August 7th, 2011, 07:47 AM

TheLorax is surprisingly tart

How does the Utgar winner have Raelin in his army for General Wars...

Edit: Also, I'm pretty sure Brownsfan won the 4x4, but I'm not 100% sure on that. I got 3rd in that event.

Last edited by TheLorax; August 7th, 2011 at 07:58 AM.
Old August 7th, 2011, 08:42 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Hendal actually had stingersx8 + Marcu.

Congrats to Deroche! Don't worry buddy, I've got plenty of spare armies you can use if you want.

fomox's army (repeat Aquilla champ!) was Axegrindersx5+Mogrimm+Water Elemental. Same as last year except that he dropped Brave Arrow for the WE to stay within the points.

Who won Vydar? Just as a spectator walking the games, I saw lots of interesting variety in Vydar builds, between Braxas, Majors, Laglor, Agents, 'trons, and Warforged.

Last edited by dok; August 7th, 2011 at 08:51 AM.
Old August 7th, 2011, 04:39 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2007, 2009, & 2012

MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby!

The Tournament of Champions ended. In the finals it was Matthias (Dividersx7, Eltahale, Isamu) vs ManTrain (10thx4, Kaemon, Raelin) and ManTrain pulled out the win in what ended up being a surprisingly close game.

Grenade lobbyist
Old August 7th, 2011, 04:53 PM

nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Hendal actually had stingersx8 + Marcu.

Congrats to Deroche! Don't worry buddy, I've got plenty of spare armies you can use if you want.

fomox's army (repeat Aquilla champ!) was Axegrindersx5+Mogrimm+Water Elemental. Same as last year except that he dropped Brave Arrow for the WE to stay within the points.

Who won Vydar? Just as a spectator walking the games, I saw lots of interesting variety in Vydar builds, between Braxas, Majors, Laglor, Agents, 'trons, and Warforged.
Woops, I guess I was just thinking of the army he played for every other event.

Want to Re-base Your DnD Figures? Click here.
Old August 7th, 2011, 05:06 PM

Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicktheant View Post
Deroche placed first for Jandar 5-0. 4th Mass, Samuel Brown. He won the entire thing.
Congrats Deroche! I'm glad to see somebody win with Sam Brown.

“Battle is a hard business, sister. Soft training will make for soft soldiers who will in turn become soft corpses.”
― Anthony Ryan, Blood Song
Old August 7th, 2011, 05:32 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Congrats to Maintrainchoochoo on the win!

The funny thing was that after everyone talking about it being the tournament of gruts, there was (I think) only one Heavy army and one Blade army. I has been planning to run the heavies since the day the tournament was announced (I even borrowed figures from several people to put together the army) but after seeing the rest of the armies on the weekend, I was convinced that there would be more 4th and 10th than I could handle with the gruts.

So... I decided to play my main event army from last year. Rats, Raelin, Q9, Hydra. Predictably, I won my first three games (although Treasure quest against fomox and the Deathchasers was really close) and lost reverse the whip (to Matthias). Honestly, though, I think the results would have been the same if I had played heavies. I never faced any of the (six? seven?) 4th/10th armies, and heavies would have matched up reasonably well against the other armies I played. And I have little doubt Matthias would be able to play them against his dividers in round 4.

I think about 5 or 6 people shot photos or videos of Matthias playing Q9 and rats. It was a pretty funny moment.

I ended up in 4th place; subobj was third with a variant on his Tree Town army (PKs and 10th).
Old August 7th, 2011, 06:23 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I think about 5 or 6 people shot photos or videos of Matthias playing Q9 and rats. It was a pretty funny moment.
Apparently Matthias *does* need range in the knight-time.

Sounds like everyone who went had fun! Congrats to the winners. I'll make it to GenCon eventually...

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old August 7th, 2011, 07:06 PM

jacob_j_p is surprisingly tart

Guanolator got second place in the dragon horde event playing charros and greenscales.
Old August 7th, 2011, 08:54 PM

heroscaper314 is surprisingly tart

I won Monster Mash (with 5x Stingers, Master of the Hunt, Me-Burq-Sa and Zetacron) and I'm pretty sure killergoat72 won Heroes Only (I don't know his exact army but I know Silver Surfer was in there).

Last edited by heroscaper314; August 7th, 2011 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Listed my army.
Old August 7th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Well, my son won the extremely unofficial C3G game we played at the convention Thursday night. That should count for something huh? And I do mean extremely unofficial....

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con