Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old March 21st, 2011, 03:41 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth
The Book of Luke Cage

The Book of Luke Cage

C3G MARVEL WAVE 6
AVENGERS ARRIVE

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Avengers set.
Its model number and name are #016 / Luke Cage.
Character Bio - Born and raised in Harlem, Lucas spent most of his youth in a gang and in and out of juvenile homes. Realizing the error of his ways, he attempted to go straight, but was framed and sent to prison. In exchange for parole, he volunteered for an experimental treatment, which left him with superhuman strength and durability. Initially a "Hero for Hire," Luke has transformed into a leader among heroes.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Luke Cage can activate a Unique Fighter Hero or a Unique Crime Fighter Hero with his I've Got Your Back special power. Current Fighters and Crime Fighters.

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

ImmunitiesBenefitsWeaknesses
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Initial playtest: Bats
  • Second playtest: Margloth
  • Third playtest: marv_art
  • Fourth playtest: Porkins
  • Mini Photos: Hahma
  • Card Art: tcglkn

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 08:49 PM. Reason: png
Old March 21st, 2011, 03:48 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth
Re: Luke Cage - Design Phase

NAME = LUKE CAGE

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = FIGHTER
PERSONALITY = PROUD

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 190

I'VE GOT YOUR BACK
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and before taking a turn with Luke Cage, you may take a turn with any other Unique Fighter Hero or a Unique Crime Fighter Hero you control within 6 clear sight spaces of Luke Cage.

STREET FIGHTER
Add 1 additional die to Luke Cage's attack while he is on an asphalt or concrete space.

IMPENETRABLE SKIN
When Luke Cage defends against a normal or special attack, if at least one shield is rolled, the most wounds Luke Cage can take from this attack is one.

SUPER STRENGTH

Last edited by SirGalahad; April 27th, 2014 at 02:37 PM.
Old March 21st, 2011, 03:56 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

My only concern is that in Jewel's thread we had discussed that his stats should top hers and currently, they do not. I think I'd swap his Attack and Defense stats.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old March 21st, 2011, 04:00 AM
Business Casual

She's at 4A/6D. He's at 5A/6D. Should he be 5A/7D? Superman defense?

Old March 21st, 2011, 04:23 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Damn, I forgot we dropped her to 4. Looks good then.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old March 21st, 2011, 04:32 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
STREET SMARTS
Add 1 extra die to Luke Cage's attack while he is on an asphalt or concrete space.
We have already created this power for the Street Thugs, and it is called rule the streets. I like the power for him though, just change the name.

Quote:
HARD AS STEEL
When Luke Cage defends against a normal attack, if at least one shield is rolled, the most wounds Luke Cage can take from this attack is one.
This plus his defense of 6 and his life of 5 is gonna make him last FOREVER, and with the exception of the "normal attack" aspect, it is more powerful than Magical Defense. I think two things need to be tweaked. His defense should be 5 and his life should be 4. That will lower his constitution enough, and it will avoid him having a better life than Batman, which doesn't work for me. Currently, this guy is worth more than you have estimated, and I would prefer him be closer to 200.

Quote:
I'VE GOT YOUR BACK
If a friendly figure adjacent to Luke Cage is targeted for a non-adjacent normal attack and at least one skull is rolled, Luke Cage must defend against that attack and take any resulting wounds from the attack instead of the friendly figure.
I don't like any power that is gonna overlap with Superman's Heroic Duty. Could we make this a "may" power like we did with Namor, or can we work on the design to do something less Superman/Namor like?
Old March 21st, 2011, 07:35 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Isn't his super name Power Man?

Looks good SirG.
Old March 21st, 2011, 07:37 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post

Looks good SirG.
Yes, and on that note, we have to decide to go in one of two directions for the mini/card; Power Man Superhero or Luke Cage tough street guy.

Personally, I find Power Man more interesting.
Old March 21st, 2011, 09:39 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
STREET SMARTS
Add 1 extra die to Luke Cage's attack while he is on an asphalt or concrete space.
We have already created this power for the Street Thugs, and it is called rule the streets. I like the power for him though, just change the name.
I initially thought that as well, but it's incorrect. Rule the Streets from the Street Thugs adds to attack and defense, whereas this just adds to attack.

Quote:
Quote:
HARD AS STEEL
When Luke Cage defends against a normal attack, if at least one shield is rolled, the most wounds Luke Cage can take from this attack is one.
This plus his defense of 6 and his life of 5 is gonna make him last FOREVER, and with the exception of the "normal attack" aspect, it is more powerful than Magical Defense. I think two things need to be tweaked. His defense should be 5 and his life should be 4. That will lower his constitution enough, and it will avoid him having a better life than Batman, which doesn't work for me. Currently, this guy is worth more than you have estimated, and I would prefer him be closer to 200.
I could see him being as high as 230-240 and being OK with that, and as low as 190-200. Being a ground pounder with no range is going to keep his cost down somewhat regardless and "Impenetrable Skin" is pretty much his only real superpower.
That said, my biggest problem with this power is that I think the name of it can really be taken the wrong way ...

Quote:
Quote:
I'VE GOT YOUR BACK
If a friendly figure adjacent to Luke Cage is targeted for a non-adjacent normal attack and at least one skull is rolled, Luke Cage must defend against that attack and take any resulting wounds from the attack instead of the friendly figure.
I don't like any power that is gonna overlap with Superman's Heroic Duty. Could we make this a "may" power like we did with Namor, or can we work on the design to do something less Superman/Namor like?
Yeah, I thought "uh oh, this doesn't work with Heroic Duty" right away as well. I think going "may" is the first step, though I could see additional tweaking as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post

Looks good SirG.
The modern version, who's part of the New Avengers, just goes by Luke Cage. He's my preferred version.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

Old March 21st, 2011, 12:27 PM
C3G's First Fan

OK, the direction we go with the decision on old or new should affect the design. Currently, he seems stronger and more of a leader than he used to be. If we go old school, I like griff's suggested changes. Also, a Hero-for-Hire ability would be better than I Got Your Back. If we go current version, I think he needs a leadership ability as he lead the New Avengers during Civil War and now, in addition to leading the Thunderbolts now.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

RIP George Perez
Old March 21st, 2011, 09:49 PM
Business Casual

Poll Time:

A) Old School Luke Cage
B) Power Man
C) New Generation Luke Cage

Old March 21st, 2011, 09:55 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

D, any is fine with me. Not too familar with this character but I do have the Luke Cage mini not the Power Man mini.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library