Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old May 24th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: WotC GenCon Events

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama View Post
I just looked at the schd and once again the timing is bad, for me personally that is. I would LOVE to play in the Generals event but that right @ 10 AM on opening day. That's PRIME TIME in the Dealer Hall.

Being the FOOL that I am I guess I am shelling out $16 for the Marvel event.

Looks like its going to be BIG each day.
One question, so for each day there's an opening time for the exibit hall. Now that's for each day, right? Like, last year you could only get SotM if you rushed in and got in the heroscape line fast enough, but if you missed it one day they'd do the same for the other days so you could catch/try for it the next day (until Sunday - last day). Are they going to do the same this year, like I'm guessing there'll be an exclusive that they only have so many for each day. So like if I did one event the first day and missed the special time for giving free exclusives, and had nothing to do at the time they open that hall the second day I could get it that day right?

But yeah, events are packed this year, many with intersecting times with other events or other things.
Old May 24th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

No idea what WotC has planned. Last year was really the first time that HAS brought enough stock to sell. In years past it was a mad house/not worth it to get ONE set of figures.

Last year the limited SotM, a new release, to 75 per day. You could buy all the RotV you wanted when ever you wanted since there was less demand.

Now FFG is a different beast. They stack stuff up 8 feet high and once they run out they run out. But they had LOTS of stuff in their walk through store. IF, a BIG IF, they have the BSG game out by then I am getting that first before any thing else.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old May 25th, 2008, 03:26 AM

Rifier_Ace is surprisingly tart

Ah this sounds like a ton of fun. But unfortunately I live in AZ and with me being under 18 I don't think my parents would be that excited about me going to Gencon by myself. It also looks like a fairly expensive event. I could probably shell out enough but it would all add up pretty quickly. Hopefully sometime I can go to Comicon with my older brother. That seems to be in the realm of possibilities and they have Heroscape events there and last year they had the exclusive. Anyways I hope all attendees have a great fun filled time.
Old May 25th, 2008, 10:50 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifier_Ace View Post
Ah this sounds like a ton of fun. But unfortunately I live in AZ and with me being under 18 I don't think my parents would be that excited about me going to Gencon by myself. It also looks like a fairly expensive event. I could probably shell out enough but it would all add up pretty quickly. Hopefully sometime I can go to Comicon with my older brother. That seems to be in the realm of possibilities and they have Heroscape events there and last year they had the exclusive. Anyways I hope all attendees have a great fun filled time.
With WotC in control of heroscape now, I'm not sure any heroscape displays or events will be at ComicCon anymore because WotC doesn't go there. Same with Toy Fair.
Old May 25th, 2008, 12:24 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifier_Ace View Post
With WotC in control of heroscape now, I'm not sure any heroscape displays or events will be at ComicCon anymore because WotC doesn't go there. Same with Toy Fair.
I don't go to them either so don't look for my display.
Old May 26th, 2008, 10:36 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well I am confused, not that is something new to me, I want to play Heroscape all day, but I also want to cruise the Vending hall, what to do, what to do????

I like the looks of the events, but I have to admint I am kinda bummed out. I really thought WOTC would have a 1000 pt event at GenCon, it just seems to make sense. Look at where the game is going. The hive, The Samari leader, etc. It would have been really cool to see giant themed armies going at it. I understand it is a lot more time, and i actually prefer a 400-500 pt game, but I thought how cool would it be to field a 100 pt army of all orcs or all Marro.

So I have no clue how to sign up, or what is going to go down.

As far as general game tickets, do I buy those ahead of time or can I get them at the door?

When I sign up for the HS stuff do I have to pay with a credit card at the time of sign up?

Sorry if these seem like obvious questions, just trying to figure it out?

Han - you got me thinking of the main vendors section, and running through getting as much new stuff as possible, darn you......

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old May 26th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

If you sign up for an event you will need to pay with CC.

If you want to buy general tickets, you can buy those everywhere at Gencon.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old May 28th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks GB,

I think this year will just be a giant learning session for me, s next year I have a clue what is going on.

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old May 28th, 2008, 01:05 PM

Location: Kansas City metro area (Grain Valley, Blue Springs)
paradox22 knows what's in an order marker paradox22 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
If you want to buy general tickets, you can buy those everywhere at Gencon.
Hendal,

You can also buy generic tickets on GenCons web site and they will be mailed to you with the other tickets for games you have signed up for... then you don't have to wait in line at the Con. You can also sell them back tot he Con if you don't use them.

-Generic Tickets
-Price: $2.00 each
-ID Number: GEN00001

Get your Kansas City Metro Scaping fix here: http://kcheroscapers.getphpbb.com/forum.html
Old May 28th, 2008, 04:42 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
All maps used will be from this community and have already been picked, we will also be working with additional jungle maps that folks might not yet have played on. We will try and get a map preview up before Gencon.
To that end, we are targeting to have the map pool posted no later than July 1st. That is the target date.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old May 28th, 2008, 05:24 PM

stumpy_man is surprisingly tart

If you buy a ticket for a win-a-wave event will that be for any time the tournaments are going during the day? Don't they start like every hour or something? And how many generic tickets do you need for events?
Old May 28th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy_man View Post
If you buy a ticket for a win-a-wave event will that be for any time the tournaments are going during the day? Don't they start like every hour or something? And how many generic tickets do you need for events?
Depends on the event.

R~

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con