Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Notices

Old January 19th, 2015, 02:42 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Strategery

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
I finding "interesting" that when a new USR is posted with all the background work and research that goes into it, it gets maybe a dozen comments (at most) with a few army comments and the odd huzza. Yet, when someone posts a "quasi" review with questionable information it generates significant conversation.

I guess the internet reverses the old adage "if you don't have anything good to say..."
I think it's because the USRs tend to have pretty solid information that there's not a whole lot people feel they can add on (especially if the unit is one of the lesser used units) and most positive feedback could be distributed via rep. When someone writes something with subpar information there are enough people who follow strategy to explain why. If the response to this involves saying those people are wrong large debate will break out.

~Dysole, observing that people on the internet like to argue
Old April 3rd, 2015, 07:42 PM

fireemblemrox knows what's in an order marker fireemblemrox knows what's in an order marker
Re: Unit Strategy Review: Index (includes Marvel)

Are there more of these planned for the future? I don't see any written in 2015 off of a cursory glance.

"FE's Battle Reports!"
"FE's TradeList!"

Good purchases from: Ztimster, Just_a_Bill, Teasedbyeldgrim, Queen of Jandar, Tmac2200, anuctoo
Old April 3rd, 2015, 10:29 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireemblemrox View Post
Are there more of these planned for the future? I don't see any written in 2015 off of a cursory glance.
A few were in the works but work on them kind of stalled. I've been writing C3V reviews for the Heroscape Codex, but that's about all that's been going on lately.

Old April 3rd, 2015, 11:20 PM

fireemblemrox knows what's in an order marker fireemblemrox knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Quote:
A few were in the works but work on them kind of stalled. I've been writing C3V reviews for the Heroscape Codex, but that's about all that's been going on lately.
Is there any criteria for writing unit reviews like this? If possible, I would be interested in writing some during my spare time after my academic quarter ends.

I've written an article on glyphs before and can direct you to it if you're interested.

These are really quality articles!

"FE's Battle Reports!"
"FE's TradeList!"

Good purchases from: Ztimster, Just_a_Bill, Teasedbyeldgrim, Queen of Jandar, Tmac2200, anuctoo
Old April 4th, 2015, 08:28 PM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Quote:
Is there any criteria for writing unit reviews like this? If possible, I would be interested in writing some during my spare time after my academic quarter ends.

I've written an article on glyphs before and can direct you to it if you're interested.

These are really quality articles!
Why don't you pick a unit we haven't done yet, then write up a rough draft in the same format as the others. PM it to me, and I'll share it with the group. We generally do a review of new members to see if their writing style is a good fit for the group. I'll let you know shortly afterward if you're going to be let into the group. Since you've got some experience writing articles already, you'll probably be accepted.

Old April 11th, 2015, 04:29 AM

I will be able to write one up once my workload drops. I don't want to split my focus between either and end up with two subpar results. Rest assured that I do intend to write one though!

"FE's Battle Reports!"
"FE's TradeList!"

Old April 12th, 2015, 12:30 AM

Quote:
I will be able to write one up once my workload drops. I don't want to split my focus between either and end up with two subpar results. Rest assured that I do intend to write one though!
Glad to hear it!

Old May 16th, 2018, 01:42 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Here's a Unit Strategy Review of Goblin Cutters. It may not have been written by the original USR folks, but should still be added for the public's sake.

https://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=2558

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 16th, 2018, 03:53 PM

Thanks!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles