Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old April 26th, 2016, 11:13 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
1. No. It's under your control.

2. Two figures move when Tactical Switch is activated. Nobody rolls leaving engagement strikes against either one as they complete the Switch.
I figured that, so I appreciate the confirmation. Thank you both

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old April 27th, 2016, 07:12 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I'm somewhat unfamiliar with the D&D Master set...but I know Shadow tiles give +1 to defense. For double spaced figures who are on two shadow tiles...does it give +2? one extra die for each shadow tile?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old April 27th, 2016, 08:25 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

No. You can download the rule book for free in the download section.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 10th, 2016, 06:32 AM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

If Shurrak attacks a figure who cannot roll defense dice, can he still roll for Knockback?

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old May 10th, 2016, 08:42 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

If it didn't roll defense dice, I guess not. Interesting question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockback
When a small or medium figure rolls defense dice and is not destroyed . . .

= =
Old May 10th, 2016, 09:37 AM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

But does rolling zero defense dice at the appropriate place in the combat count as rolling defense dice (Venoc Vipers, perhaps)? I mean, they still get defense bonuses that potentially let them roll actual dice at that time; so if they are not so fortunate, are they still "rolling defense dice" even though there are no actual dice being rolled?

I agree with Papa there: interesting question, philosophically speaking.

~Z

Quote:
If it didn't roll defense dice, I guess not. Interesting question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockback
When a small or medium figure rolls defense dice and is not destroyed . . .

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old May 10th, 2016, 09:45 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Right. Good question. I wasn't thinking of Venoc Vipers and zero defense, but something that, literally, "cannot" roll defense dice, as MW asked. Something paralyzed by MBS, though I guess Shurrak isn't going to be attacking something on the same turn it's been paralyzed by MBS.

Anyway. I think the answer is different if it's the Venocs, or some other unit that for whatever reason *can* roll defense dice, but for the fact that its defense is zero. At that point it *can*, it just *isn't*.

= =
Old May 10th, 2016, 10:54 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Right. Good question. I wasn't thinking of Venoc Vipers and zero defense, but something that, literally, "cannot" roll defense dice, as MW asked. Something paralyzed by MBS, though I guess Shurrak isn't going to be attacking something on the same turn it's been paralyzed by MBS.

Anyway. I think the answer is different if it's the Venocs, or some other unit that for whatever reason *can* roll defense dice, but for the fact that its defense is zero. At that point it *can*, it just *isn't*.
Technically if you had Ornak, and you played the red flag of fury with me-burq-sa, then shurrak after it would come into play. But I've never been in that situation.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 10th, 2016, 10:57 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Zero dice is indeed still a roll, you may "shake an empty fist" of zero dice to represent this.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old May 10th, 2016, 11:03 AM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Can't you "move" 0 spaces? If so, wouldn't the same apply to this? Except for powers like Paralyzing Stare that state you don't roll.

If you're not rolling for Stinger Drain, you're not living.
Old May 10th, 2016, 11:05 AM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Technically if you had Ornak, and you played the red flag of fury with me-burq-sa, then shurrak after it would come into play.
Actually, I believe that they are still separate turns. First you take a turn with Me-burq-sa. During this turn an enemy unit is paralyzed. Then you take a turn with Shurrak. During this turn the enemy unit is no longer paralyzed.
Old May 10th, 2016, 11:05 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Right, right. If it's just "has 0 dice to roll," then yes, you can be affected by Knockback. I agree.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's