Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old February 15th, 2018, 03:56 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Finally got around to trying the Valeria: Card Kingdoms solo variant, and it's a lot of fun! I like it as much as multiplayer. It adds nice mechanics for an evil Duke that will score against you at the end of the game, while he uses the Monsters to attack Citizens and Domains to try to end the game and/or score points. I just had a really good game where I set my high score of 140 (to the evil Duke's 68 ). I had a steady early game, then focused on killing two Monsters per turn once the resources were flowing. Got a bunch of Domains near the end since I had so much gold, and the evil Duke scored Citizens and not much else, since I was only a couple turns away from emptying the last Monster stack!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 16th, 2018, 03:51 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I have now played and enjoyed three 4 Player games of Rising Sun, and am coordinating about 20 people in four more sessions this month, using both old regular pals and new contacts from Boardgamegeek via my Organized Play thread and others there.

Tomorrow will be my first 5 Player game with 3 'new' faces and 1 regular pal. Others dates are also filling up, and several BGGers busy this month will be joining us for games in March. If you are in or around NYC and want to get a piece of this action, PM me!

My Heroscaping New York City Gang of Four members ]Kolakoski and Sherman Davies have already participated, with Taeblewalker due to try out this fantastic new board game next week! Tomorrow we will change up from the default newbie set up to try some of the additions and expansions available in the full Kickstarter version which I backed!

Today I am studying the rules for my even newer game of Pendragon: The Fall of Roman Britain (COIN series, GMT) for a first (4 Player) game on Monday (President' Day). The rules are long and dry, but this bids fair to be a terrific game on an obscure period. Once again, as in 878 Vikings, we'll be invading or defending early Britain from invasion!
Old February 16th, 2018, 04:54 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Got my rising sun today yahoo! Im hoping to check it out sometime this weekend maybe. With a gamenight playing other stuff and a heroscape tournament I dont know if itll happen.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 18th, 2018, 03:24 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Two games of Rising Sun yesterday. One 3 player game first, then a 4th player finally got out of the house for a 4 player game. Since this was our first time learning the rules I left out the extra Gods rules/minis expansion as well as all the extra monster cards (only using the 8 monsters that came in the base game box). We also just randomized the clan selection with a d6 roll (included the Fox Clan). I played the Bonsai Clan first, then the Dragonfly clan second. Had a surprise victory in the first one, but wasn't really close in the second even though I really liked that clans special power. Everyone had a good time and lots of talk about playing it again soon. All the cardboard pieces upgrades came in the 6th player expansion and I really felt they are well worth it should you have missed the kickstarter. The political tiles are really cool and the battle flags are handy for game play.
Old February 19th, 2018, 09:59 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Not actually playing yet, but to prepare for World Cup I began re-researching soccer games on the market to be able to simulate some of the games. Modified Soccero has been our go to for a few years now, but I finally procured a copy of Soccer City which I feel will dethrone it. FUBA looks to be an interesting take that speeds up the game by abstracting it a little. The most shocking find for me is Striker!, a miniatures ruleset for a full blown tabletop soccer match. Hopefully @Stephen Universe and I will be able to have our own World Cup soon to have a head to head comparison between all of these and possibly throw in Soccer World Tactics for old times sake, especially since that is the only game with an actual gold cup.
Played Soccer City and Striker! this weekend and both are fantastic, for soccer fans at least. Drastically different takes on soccer, but both capture the feel well.

Also played Dungeon Petz . Cat Scaper and I loved it, LoB, not so much.
Old February 21st, 2018, 06:46 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Today will be my sixth game of Rising Sun! Haven't won any yet, but love it. Everyone who plays wants to do it again. We're now using all of the additions except for Kami Unbound.

We did a learning session of Pendragon where we only got through one Epoch. The rules are quite detailed. We have another date planned where we're going to go for a two Epoch short scenario.
Old February 21st, 2018, 07:42 AM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Got to my first board game cafe, a place in Cleveland (Ohio City) named Tabletop. Such a cool place, with great atmosphere for game playing and a friendly, helpful staff. Nice game selection with good food and beer on draft.

Took the whole family and played lighter, family-friendly games: IceCool, Sushi Go Party!, The Table & Chair Game, Lazer Riderz, Red7, Ninja Camp, and The Climbers.

A great time! Wish we had something like this closer to home. This was a three-hour, weekend get away trip, but it's exciting that more of these are popping up. We got there at 11am Saturday morning and it was busy the whole time until we left around 4:30pm. Very cool to see all different kinds of people enjoying games together.
Old February 21st, 2018, 10:48 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I *love* Dungeon Petz. Haven't played in ages because nobody will play with me, but it's one of the treasure I won't part with.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 22nd, 2018, 09:08 AM

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
I *love* Dungeon Petz. Haven't played in ages because nobody will play with me, but it's one of the treasure I won't part with.
Do you have the expansion? If so, does it add much?
Old February 22nd, 2018, 10:08 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

No. I only dimly remember that there is one; I don't know anything about it.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 22nd, 2018, 11:31 AM

With two people down with the flu (Kolakoski and Taeblewalker), what was supposed to be a 5 Player Rising Sun turned out to be my first 3 Player, which was fine. The only player count I haven't done yet would be a 6 Player! I continue to keep love the game and keep losing. Its a challenge.

I finally got a live opponent for 878 Vikings when one of my new BGG pal had to go home after our game to teach his own group to play RS! So Sherman Davies and I had a good time and he totally cleaned my clock. It was a great day for losing. Go figure. To follow our adventures mostly in Scape, click on my new signature for our New York City Gang of Four play group thread. There is plenty to see there!

Box art has now been posted for 2018's two new upcoming Star Trek Ascendancy expansions from the annual NY Toy Fair: The Vulcans and The Andorrians. Fans of ST Enterprise will know that the latter are repeating characters, and lots of fun. They're the opposite of Vulcans, with whom they fought a war, but better drinking buddies, because they enjoy their emotions!

We did a four player learning session for the more complex/detailed Pendragon: The Fall of Roman Britain, the brand new GMT COIN series game. We had fun but didn't get through too much. We'll be meeting again in March with our new understanding of it.

The soon to be published 1.0 Rules for Big Trouble In Little China are now up in the Files section on Boardgamegeek. The Pre-Order Gold Box Edition is now expected in late March/April.
Old February 22nd, 2018, 02:31 PM

Looking forward to starting 7th Continent this weekend. I am also playing Kingdom Death Monster even though I have no real interest in it. I guess it is the price you pay to have gaming buddies.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games