Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old December 4th, 2006, 02:18 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kepler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwojedi
i dont' forsee a viking common squad ever. All the viking champions, put auras on uniques only. Why would they put out a squad that couldn't use the champions powers? That's what the vikings are all about. Boosting other units (including the viking squad).
The Dreadguls could be common. As long as they have Beserker charge then Valguard enhances them.
i was thinking this also. but Nwojedi makes a good point. although i'd like to see a squad of Vikings bond with Viking heros. but that can't happen since the word "Viking" is just buried in the name of these heroes and not a Class.

so Nwojedi is probably right.
Old December 4th, 2006, 02:50 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ
Quote:
Quote:
i dont' forsee a viking common squad ever. All the viking champions, put auras on uniques only. Why would they put out a squad that couldn't use the champions powers? That's what the vikings are all about. Boosting other units (including the viking squad).
The Dreadguls could be common. As long as they have Beserker charge then Valguard enhances them.
i was thinking this also. but Nwojedi makes a good point. although i'd like to see a squad of Vikings bond with Viking heros. but that can't happen since the word "Viking" is just buried in the name of these heroes and not a Class.

so Nwojedi is probably right.
They could always do it by specific name like they did with the Nakitas/G'Nators, even though it's a bit inflexible.
Old December 4th, 2006, 03:56 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I know everyone would probably crucify heroscape designers if the zombies were a unique squad, but it could be a really sweet thing, especially if the ability were like so:

Have the zombies be a unique squad of 4. Whenever they kill a figure, replace that figure with another zombie figure (hence the need for more zombies). So after killing a bunch of figures, you now would have a single order marker to control more than 4 zombies. It'll be movie zombies: a virus that affects only a small group (4) people, then they attack people and turn them into more zombies. It would be a hit or miss squad. They could just get killed, but they could become ridiculous with like 10 zombies attacking every turn. Now it would kinda suck to have to have a bunch of zombies just lying around and not necessarily be able to use them, but it could still be cool.

I might make a scenario with these rules and call it: Zombie Breakout! or something. Could be fun.

I apologize if someone already came up with this. I honestly did not copy it or steal it, just a coincidence. Great minds think alike.
Old December 4th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Zombie stats and abilities have been posted.
Old December 4th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
SO, is it just me, or is it time to close this thread...no more speculation
Old December 4th, 2006, 09:15 PM
has been BANNED

Stealth Dodge is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I'd have preferred the zombies to have been a Unique Squad of 6 for like 100ish or so points although in terms of marketing and sales it'd have been insane to make them unique
Old December 4th, 2006, 09:41 PM

Venandier has disabled reputation
Hey I was on the site and found a way to view each DoD set individually and see close-ups. Heres the link:
http://www.hasbro.com/heroscape/defa...ew&char_id=102

I wish we could get an army of dwarves, fully armed and filthy.
Old December 5th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venandier
Hey I was on the site and found a way to view each DoD set individually and see close-ups. Heres the link:
http://www.hasbro.com/heroscape/defa...ew&char_id=102
yep. here is the front page for the CHARACTER PAGES for wave 6
http://www.hasbro.com/heroscape/defa...dawnofdarkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier
SO, is it just me, or is it time to close this thread...no more speculation
change "facts and speculation" to just "facts".
Old December 5th, 2006, 03:36 PM

Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker
Has there been a wave that had no unique squads before? Maybe my memory has failed me, but I cannot recall any before #6.....

"There's right and there's wrong: you do one and you're living. You do the other and you may be walking around, but you're as dead as a beaver hat." John Wayne in The Alamo
Old December 5th, 2006, 03:42 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Actually Waves 4 and 5 were the first to feature unique squads since the Master Set. So this is more of a return to the norm, rather than a departure from it.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old December 5th, 2006, 05:28 PM
Spin Master

hmm. i've been habitually getting 5 of every common unit. but with two units of Zombies per pack, i don't think i'll be getting 5 packs for a total of 10 units. i'll probably go with 3 packs for a total of 6 units on these guys...which will save a bit of $ (as it did when there were unique squads in the previous 2 waves.)
Old December 8th, 2006, 03:45 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Quote:
I'm hoping that Dreadguls are unique and have some powerful abilities....I'd love to see Berserker Charge and Valguard's power so they can just run up and smack the crap out of the enemy. Perhaps a Warlord bonding power as well?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News