Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old October 8th, 2007, 01:15 AM

xyzchyx has disabled reputation
Should I buy my first SotM set or a 2nd RotV Master set?

Opinions? Pros? Cons?

(oh, and just for the record, getting both isn't an option at the moment)
Old October 8th, 2007, 01:17 AM

STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker
I'd say a second ROTV.

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco
Old October 8th, 2007, 01:26 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
SotM all the way. The swamp water is extremely useful in map-building, and the figures are a lot of fun. I think SotM and road are both much higher priorities than a second RotV. Greater variety in tiles and figures is preferable to more grass/rock/sand and a pile of duplicate uniques.

EDIT: And I almost forgot! You get cool O.D. green order markers!
Old October 8th, 2007, 01:26 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
I'd say your first SotM. Unless you have some weird desire to count how many hexes you have in your basement, you get a nice group of new units and varied terrain to play with, as well as additional scenarios. It's a great supplement to any collection.

I don't think I'll buy a second RotV for a very long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old October 8th, 2007, 01:35 AM

Supergeek knows what's in an order marker Supergeek knows what's in an order marker
I'm with the majority. SOTM

I <3 HeroScape tournaments!
Old October 8th, 2007, 02:39 AM

DarkSpade Woo who?
Get SotM for now so you have even more units to use. You will want to pick up some more RotV for the "normal" terrain later though.

"Y'know, I sort of assumed this hero of destiny thing would involve a lot less devastation in our wake."
Links to terrain making guides
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...c.php?p=280715
Old October 8th, 2007, 07:47 AM

nerdyninja has disabled reputation
I'm with the minority, ROTV. I would tell you to get it now because I wouldn't be surprised if it fell out of production like wave 3 for a while. SOTM can wait.
Old October 8th, 2007, 07:59 AM

ultrajoebot has disabled reputation
I would definitely go with Swarm of the Marro. It just seems sort of wasteful to get duplicate unique figures when there are all these new ones to add to your army.
Old October 8th, 2007, 08:37 AM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Even though I'm not buying SotM... I'd tell you to buy a first SotM over a second RotV.

It just makes sense... you're getting a new set of playable figures that way.
Old October 8th, 2007, 09:18 AM

elf326 is surprisingly tart
I'm going to say SotM. But I also fear for the stop of production of RotV for a while. I think that your next purchase should be RotV if you're also fearing the slowing of production of RotV.
Old October 8th, 2007, 09:35 AM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Well, they can't keep making new MSs and expect them to ALL be in production, right?
Old October 8th, 2007, 10:07 AM

RichardD has disabled reputation
Depends on price. I paid about $40 for SOTM, yet can pick up ROTV for the equivalent of $12. So right now, if I only had one ROTV, I'd pick up a second.

On the other hand, if the prices were about even, it's much easier to justify buying SOTM. Although a second ROTV will give you more terrain, SOTM gives you *varied* terrain, plus a load of new units.

And I bet that when we see Ticalla's Jungle, the map to be built will use SOTM as its base - and I expact Hasbro to release more SOTM-based maps in future.

Of course, I think that having a second ROTV is a good move anyway - spares of the figures plus a LOT of terrain, much more than you get in SOTM (almost twice as much).

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

A - "I have NEVER taken 10 minutes!"

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion