Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old August 21st, 2007, 01:03 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox
I proxied them to get the affect of breaking up a shield wall.
Does that mean that you, like me, gave Asgard a "gimme" on the bloodrush to see how it works? Perhaps we should recommend it automatically working or at least having a far lower activation number?

~Aldin, who might try again with Zaphod's armies tonight (though I'd almost certainly sub the AE for the Archers)

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old August 21st, 2007, 01:21 PM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
Once again, stepping in late on the custom's trail:

Asgard Mithrilaxe

My first question is - why does a Dwarf in full armor get more movement that the Tarn Vikings and the same as the Viking Heroes?

That aside, with Bloodrush, what is to prevent Asgard from being 1 space away from an opponent's figure but just running around until it uses its movement up and then is adjacent to the figure that it was only 1 move away from to begin with?

How about an alternate wording along the lines of:

Choose an opponent's figure. If Asgard moves 4 spaces or more in a direct straight line and ends that move adjacent to the chosen figure, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, you may move the chosen figure and all other figures engaged to Asgard 1 space on the same level or lower. The figures moved in this way may take leaving engagement attacks from figures other than Asgard. This power is activated before Berserker Charge.

This wording prevents (among other things) Asgard from moving up 4 levels into an engagement and using the power. I am curious why you are calling this Bloodrush when there is no attacking involved. If Asgard does this, he would have no adjacent opponents. Have you considered allowing Asgard to follow one of the pushed figures?

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/
Old August 21st, 2007, 01:25 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Savage
If Asgard does this, he would have no adjacent opponents. Have you considered allowing Asgard to follow one of the pushed figures?
I suggested being able to move "any or all" figures so Asgard can Bloodrush into a group and knock all but the target of his attack away.

For his survivability, I'd say 3 Defense and 7 Life would serve him better, and make a bit more sense, IMO.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 21st, 2007, 02:04 PM

brickman1444 has disabled reputation
Another rewording or Bloodrush could be:

Choose an opponent's figure. If Asgard starts his move 6 spaces away from that figure and ends his move adjacent to it, If you roll a 15 or higher, you may move the chosen figure and all other figures engaged to Asgard 1 space on the same level or lower. The figures moved in this way may take leaving engagement attacks from figures other than Asgard. This power is activated before Berserker Charge.

6 x 9 = 42

Old August 21st, 2007, 02:31 PM

nonexistantnonexister has disabled reputation
Too unstable.

Old August 21st, 2007, 02:47 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickman1444

Choose an opponent's figure. If Asgard starts his move 6 spaces away from that figure and ends his move adjacent to it, If you roll a 15 or higher, you may move the chosen figure and all other figures engaged to Asgard 1 space on the same level or lower. The figures moved in this way may take leaving engagement attacks from figures other than Asgard. This power is activated before Berserker Charge.
I think this version is closer to what Fallen Templar wants to happen. That said Doc brings up some good points, and I would suggest this as the new wording:

After moving, Asgard Mithrilaxe may roll the 20-sided die for Bloodrush if adjacent to any figure that was at least 4 spaces away from Asgard Mithrilaxe at the start of his turn. If you roll a 15 or higher, you may move any or all adjacent small or medium figures 1 space each. Figures may only be moved on to the same level or lower spaces from thier original space. Moved figures do not take leaving engagement attacks from Agard Mithrilaxe. (Possible addition courtesy of Doc: After moving the affected figures, Asgard Mithrilaxe may move 1 additional space.) You may only roll for Bloodrush before rolling for Beserker Charge.

Old August 21st, 2007, 03:23 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickman1444

I think this version is closer to what Fallen Templar wants to happen. That said Doc brings up some good points, and I would suggest this as the new wording:

After moving, Asgard Mithrilaxe may roll the 20-sided die for Bloodrush if adjacent to any figure that was at least 4 spaces away from Asgard Mithrilaxe at the start of his turn. If you roll a 15 or higher, you may move any or all adjacent small or medium figures 1 space each. Figures may only be moved on to the same level or lower spaces from thier original space. Moved figures do not take leaving engagement attacks from Agard Mithrilaxe. (Possible addition courtesy of Doc: After moving the affected figures, Asgard Mithrilaxe may move 1 additional space.) You may only roll for Bloodrush before rolling for Beserker Charge.
I like this revision the best I'll update this tonight with 3 defense and 7 life

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old August 21st, 2007, 04:10 PM

robopesant has disabled reputation
I like Asgard, but a dwarf wouldn't be able to take so many wounds, because he has so much armor I think you should raise his defense and lower his life, just to make it more realistic.

ROTV-(2x land) 1SOTM 2RTTFF 1VW 1Tundra 1FOTA All expansion packs up to wave 6 (getting wave 7 soon).
Old August 21st, 2007, 07:13 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by robopesant
I like Asgard, but a dwarf wouldn't be able to take so many wounds, because he has so much armor I think you should raise his defense and lower his life, just to make it more realistic.
Dwarves are hardier than a Human or Elf so they can take more wounds. I'm Droping his life and raising his Def check the post above

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old August 25th, 2007, 01:04 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Today is the last day in Asgard's trial week. I will do some proxy playtesting today (7 life, 3 def. version) and have my approval stamp ready (or not) by the end of the day.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 25th, 2007, 01:06 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I will likely do some testing as well. I'd like to have the updated card to test with though.

Old August 25th, 2007, 05:50 PM

So far the playtesting is not promising, partly due to Asgard's seeming inability to roll skulls or shields. In the first game, Me-Burq-Sa absolutely destroyed him. After inflicting a few wounds, MBS made a successful Stare roll and finished Asgard off with a near perfect roll. So I moved quickly on to the second game...

In the second game, again, Asgard took quick wounds. He was able to finish off a wounded Marcus, but a speedy Eldgrim ran over and cut the dwarf down. Having no success in the larger games, I tried some small skirmishes to see how he'd do.

Marcus and 2x Roman Legion faced off against Asgard and 2x Marro Drones. In game one, the drones overpowered everything with lucky dice rolls, so I moved into game two. Game two was different, but the Romans came out on top with one Legionnaire and Marcus with only one wound.

In all four games, Berserker Charge was only successful once (no surprise to me), but Bloodrush only had one real opportunity to be used, and then its impact was very, very minor. Asgard's never had good reason to knock anybody around, or has been tied down before he could find a group to rush. Bloodrush looks thematically fun, but has been very 'meh' to play with.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards