Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old June 24th, 2014, 09:17 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: HexScape

Some news from the HexScape front !

First, a big thanks to DanieLoche (this guy is awesome, if you didn't already know) for making me an HexScape logo !

Here it is. What do you think ?

The idea is to use that for the main screen. At first, their won't be "Solo game" and "Online Game", just hex. Those two hexs will have a letter on it, to show they have a meaning. When you hover them, I'll make Solo Game or Online Game apear, and you could click on the hex to launch that.

I worked a little on the 3D models of figures, too. With the help of DanieLoche (him again !), I managed to do the whole process, from taking photos to having the 3D model in hexScape. Only problem, the model is quite heavy (several mo) and it take time to load it. We'll see if we can do something about that, but it works !

Lastly, I also worked on the software itself. Not much (had little time), but I added some little things like being able to see the piece the opponent is currently selecting. I still need to work on making the markers works online (order markers / wounds / ...), and then a lot of little details, and it'll be done. Not tournament ready (no state saving for now), but enough to give you a run on it
Old June 24th, 2014, 05:00 PM
Um... Why am I a moderator?

Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Old June 24th, 2014, 06:22 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This is purely cosmetic, but I'd suggest calling it a "local game" or "offline game" rather than a "solo game." Because you'd still be playing against other people, right?

Great work so far!
Old June 25th, 2014, 03:54 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by El T View Post
This is purely cosmetic, but I'd suggest calling it a "local game" or "offline game" rather than a "solo game." Because you'd still be playing against other people, right?
In fact, no ^_^

It'll rather be Solo Game and Multiplayer Game.

With Multiplayer Game, you need to connect to a server. It can either be a server you launched yourself locally, or an online server.

Solo Game won't be the most used option, because you'll really be solo in the game. I guess it can be usefull if you want to visualize a map, with some figures on it, or to take screenshots (for instance if you missed some photo for a report). Solo mode is more there because that's how I started working on HexScape than because it is a needed feature.

For now, I don't have a pure local game, with player taking turn on the same computer. I thought there wouldn't be a real need for that.
Old June 25th, 2014, 08:43 AM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrgard View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by El T View Post
In fact, no ^_^

It'll rather be Solo Game and Multiplayer Game.

With Multiplayer Game, you need to connect to a server. It can either be a server you launched yourself locally, or an online server.

Solo Game won't be the most used option, because you'll really be solo in the game. I guess it can be usefull if you want to visualize a map, with some figures on it, or to take screenshots (for instance if you missed some photo for a report). Solo mode is more there because that's how I started working on HexScape than because it is a needed feature.

For now, I don't have a pure local game, with player taking turn on the same computer. I thought there wouldn't be a real need for that.
Ah, I see. Never mind.
Old June 25th, 2014, 11:00 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Couple of Questions I have.

-How are the 3d Model figures made?
-Where can I find Map & Army files?
-How can I make my own Army files?

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old June 25th, 2014, 11:06 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Solo mode sounds useful for playtesting.
Old June 25th, 2014, 11:54 AM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

I have a zip file with should-be-correct VS files for 15 maps, here:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2Pi...BrMXpwdWs/edit

File>Download to download it.

Edit: Apparently a couple of the files are not the same VS version, as I got them from the map creator, not made them myself. Most of them should work, though.

Last edited by awesomeunleashed; June 25th, 2014 at 12:10 PM. Reason: and the rest you should be able to just resave in the latest version
Old June 25th, 2014, 12:14 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

AU recently sent me those files earlier for testing my online scape software. Assuming it is the same version as AU sent me, a couple of minor things are missing:

1) Ticalla Jungle needs its trees.
2) Bad Moon Rising needs one blue start zone circle.

I didn't spot anything else, but didn't examine too closely.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK

Last edited by Xorlof; June 25th, 2014 at 12:14 PM. Reason: ...and thanks again AU for gathering/creating these
Old June 25th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Double posting here to add that I also have collected several maps together that are a bit of "stress test" in loading virtualscape files for the online scape software I just mentioned.

Some are included because they have lots of tiles or lots of elevation.

Some have less-used features such as personal tiles.

Others are included because they use old versions of the virtualscape format. Those won't work with Hexscape unless you open and resave them. That's not tricky to do.

Here they are if you are looking for more maps to try out with Hexscape.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK

Last edited by Xorlof; June 25th, 2014 at 12:37 PM.
Old June 25th, 2014, 04:21 PM

@Kinseth : To anwer you :

- For now, HexScape only have 3d models for the MS1. Thoses models were taken from the VirtualScape sources. I plan to add all the others figures (and why not C3V/SoV, C3G, and whatever). The main mean of doing that for now is to take photos of figures, put them throw an online software named 123 Catch that outputs 3D models of the figures.

- Map files are juste plain old VirtualScape files. You just need the files to be made with the last VirtualScape version. For now, HexScape doesn't take custom tiles or start zone into account. I'll add the startzone for sure.

- Army files on the other hand are a custom file format. There should be a .hsa file in the zip, it is an example of such a file. The format is as follows:

A line can have two format :
<army card name>
or
<number>x <army card name>

where <army card name> is the id of the army card as defined in the asset/cards directory, usually the name of the card, without space, and a capital to each word.
and <number> is a number

example :

AgentCarr
2x KravMagaAgents

Additionnaly, the first line can contain anything. If it is not recognized as having the previous line format, HexScape will consider that it is the name of the army.
Moreover, any empty line will just be ignored.
Lastly, the file must have an .hsa (HexScapeArmy) extension

On the other hand, if you know of a software that allow to manage army and can export them, I'll be happy to add a support to load from those exported files. I'll someday add an army manager to HexScape, but that's not the priority for now.

@Porkins : you're right, solo mode can be really usefull to play test solo.

@Awesomeunleashed : thanks for the link ! I'll try them. I wish more map were made available in VirtaulScape format, not just .pdf

@Xorlof : I'll definitively try your "stress test" maps. I decided not to handle personnal tiles for now, but I could manage older version. It's just that it not my priority for now. Also, VirtualScape won't change now, so asking map to be at the last version is not too hard I believe (it need to be done only once, since no new version of VirtualScape will be done)
Old June 25th, 2014, 04:41 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

just a FYI, loading Maps just did nothing on my PC(I am on windows 8.1). For example when I would load the army while creating game I could see the army text in the box. But above it for the map, whenever I would browse for the map and select one that box would always be empty.

Trying to go File and Load a map that way also left the screen black.

Going to try on my other laptop.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software