Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

View Poll Results: Do you purchase/use multiple copies of common squads or just one of each set?
Yes, I almost always buy multiples of common squads. 152 49.84%
No, I buy one of each set and that's it. 46 15.08%
I only buy multiples of squads that I really like but certainly not all of them. 107 35.08%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 31st, 2011, 05:26 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Do you use multiple common squads?

Heck, half the forum's dead. If you want to chat about it, by all means, I say.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 31st, 2011, 07:00 PM

scorpionslayer Woo who?

I generally try to get at least two of each of the common squads that I own, however in the case of figures that I really like such as the deathchasers (which I own 9 squads of) I try to collect a few more.

Do the Dew
Old May 31st, 2011, 09:46 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I really don't think it's as dead as some people think. Aside from the official Marvel section everything has been posted in today.

Old May 31st, 2011, 10:35 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
Quote:
I really don't think it's as dead as some people think. Aside from the official Marvel section everything has been posted in today.
Well I'm probably not one to comment, actually. I rarely poke my head up from the C3G section anymore. I do know that activity in the top few forums isn't what it used to be, though.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 31st, 2011, 11:08 PM

STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Well I'm probably not one to comment, actually. I rarely poke my head up from the C3G section anymore. I do know that activity in the top few forums isn't what it used to be, though.
Well with no more real HS news or new official HS figures one can't be surprised.

On topic, I used to not get multiples unless I really liked them as I didn't have as much money to blow, but now I'll be lucky to ever even complete my collections, much less fill out getting more commons I never got before thanks to prices and obscurity. Like I'd love to have one more set of Drones(to have 3) or a second set of Knights of Weston, but hell if I'll spend 30+ dollars on a single booster.

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco
Old June 1st, 2011, 06:39 PM

CyberTiger525 Woo who?

Saw that the Deathreavers and Omnicrons/Vipers are still around the $10 on Amazon, I'll probubly get one or two of those. I need to start improving my Common collection, if only just in case this game isn't renewed for awhile.
Old June 1st, 2011, 11:18 PM

Uh ... the game's done being made, dude. I'm not sure what this talk of renewal is about, but it's wishful thinking at best, no offense.

Old June 8th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberTiger525 View Post
Sorry, didn't realize this thread was dead.
This thread isn't locked, so it isn't dead.

We have a free forum here that is designed for people who love this game and site to comment in a judge free environment. You are definitely free to post here.

On a side note, no member on here should be discouraging others from posting in this community, especially when their post is harmless and innocent - unless of course you want the site to be forgotten about and no new membership growth.....
Old June 8th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, I usually don't look up either. Every once in a while I will though, just to see if there is any buzz worth checking out - especially in the custom terrain and figures threads.
Old June 9th, 2011, 07:10 AM

RobWeaver has disabled reputation

There's really no reason to use single common squads (unless you're just rounding out your points). Most of them are too weak to influence the battle, and often you miss out on possible synergies. I have a couple single squads, but I almost never use them.
Now to the sidebar conversation: I've been reading and posting since HeroscapeHQ and .net. The conversation has evolved since then. The game is out of production, so there can't be the sense of anticipation that there was then. We also have a plethora of official characters to choose from and drafting has developed into a science.
Unfortunately, I think there have been developments too that shut conversation down. Concern about playtesting customs and creating projects I think has cooled custom posting. Tournament play advice is less than interesting to those who don't play tournaments. Since the character of posting interests have changed, I don't post as much as I used to.
(Not intended as a rant or a complaint, just the view from where I sit.)

Not one step backwards!
Old June 9th, 2011, 10:06 AM

Custom posting seems hotter than ever to me ... but maybe that's just in the C3G area.

Old June 9th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

I think customs are hot. With Auggie's, SoV, C3V and the rash of Rackham and other figures people have been picking up--it seems like the Gallery is constantly full of new, innovative units. Lots of great customs.

Do agree that things have cooled over all. But there is still a lot of life, imo.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles