Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old August 19th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Battleship Galaxies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Savage View Post
Hopefully this wil have some kind of 3D space.
I agree.

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old August 19th, 2009, 05:07 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Battleship Galaxies?

Hmm not sure what that is...

I do have a couple of t-shirts, though.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; August 19th, 2009 at 05:18 PM.
Old August 19th, 2009, 05:21 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like t-shirts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old March 11th, 2011, 02:36 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yeah I got a shirt from Gencon and didn't know I'd actually be interested in the game. This game looks sweet. I hope it can have expansions (looks like it could). I could go for a space battle game like heroscape
Old March 23rd, 2011, 10:27 AM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sorry for the double post but I think you'll forgive me for the content. I just looked up this game again today and there was some new info about the game and maybe 1 new pic. here is the link, enjoy:

http://www.purplepawn.com/2011/02/fi...ship-galaxies/
Old March 25th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Battleship Galaxies?

Hmm not sure what that is...

I do have a couple of t-shirts, though.
I was wearing my Battleship Galaxies T-shirt in the store on Wednesday. I guess I've been promoting it for almost 2 years now. If only I could remember who it was that gave it to me . Or better, if I knew who it was that was developing the game. I would have to ask him for a demo copy of the game for the store since I'm already promoting it. Just a hint.

Seriously, I'm going to be bugging you for a demo copy Ry and co. I think I should be able to get one of the first ones since I've had the shirt this long. Lots of my customers ask about it.
Old March 27th, 2011, 09:59 PM

Lord Trask knows what's in an order marker Lord Trask knows what's in an order marker

I saw BG listed as a preorder on coolstuffinc.com for 43.99

Projected release: 6/7/11

Count me in!
Old March 28th, 2011, 03:21 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post

... No more call outs of “D-3,” ...
LOL; - ) I think you're wrong there. The way I understand the PurplePawn article is that the ATTACKER will be rolling two dice: a ten sided one (1x d10 ) with Alphabetic characters (presumably "A - J"), and an eight sider (1x d8 ) with numbers "1 - 8." He or she will have to announce the dice roll (i.e. "A-1" ... "J-8") and then the DEFENDER refers to an old fashioned Combat Results Table (CRT) reminescent of the Avalon Hill and SPI games that I used to play with little card board counters for military units. This is a great way to prepare those young impressionable mush-minds for an eventual addiction to BINGO, which Hasbro probably also sells.
Quote:

Mike said the game would be more like Heroscape and Battle Cry.
Is this just because the Map grid has HEXAGONS instead of squares? Honestly, I do NOT see any resemblance to HS or BC, which are two of my all time favorite games. Where's the Defender's dice roll to counter all those Skulls with some Shields? Where's the unique dice with Artillery, Cavalry, Infantry, etc. to automatically score hits? WHERE'S THE MODULAR TERRAIN TILES? Looking at the pictures posted on PurplePawn, the hexes seem to only be about 1" from side to side, not the almost 2" that I am used to with HS and BC.

However, I'm already thinking about building an Outer Space hex grid map out of the HeroScape terrain, using primarily the blue water tiles with an occassional black shadow to represent the the worm-holes, and maybe grey rock or brown sand ones as Line-Of-Sight blocking asteroids or small planets. But common, give me a break "Wretcheridians" (or should it have been "Wretched-idiot-ians") ...couldn't someone have thought of a better (cool sounding) name for the invading alien race? What planet are they from?

I did like the idea of removing the markers for the Electro-Magnetic Shield's streghten (not to be confused with the Shields on the HS defense dice) before adding the wound or damage markers directly to the model's base. Thus each figure's status could be seen in a glance, like removing the masts from a ship of the "Pirates of the Carribbean" constructible pocket model game, without refering to each individual ship's Stat Card.

At least of if it's released in JUNE 2011, I'll be able to take a very serious hard look at it fairly soon before investing any of my limited discretionary funds to see if it has any true merit worthy of being added to my collection. In other words, I will be asking Hasborg and the Design Team, "Where's the beef?"

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old March 29th, 2011, 10:49 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Hey, browsing BGG from Dungeo Run makers, I noticed this game Battleship Galaxies: The Saturn Offensive Game Set with designers Colby Dauch, Jerry Hawthorne (I.e. Sir Hawthorne/Grungebob), & Craig Van Ness and artist John Ariosa of Summoner Wars/Dungeon Run. WOW - should be good with the awesome makers of Heroscape and Summoner Wars - but made and distributed by HASBO!

Should be good. Not really interested in dungeoin run (just not my thing) but I wish them well in it, but I will DEFINITELY be buying Battleship Galaxies. Looks similar to Starfarers of Catan which I played once, but hopefully is a lot better. Congrats to Colby & Jerry for getting another gig besides Heroscape for Hasbro, and to John for getting some noteriety as well! hopefully I can play and buy at Origins.

Last edited by lefton4ya; March 29th, 2011 at 10:56 AM.
Old March 29th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

I'll probably be picking this up to see if it satiates my desire for a tabletop space combat miniatures game. If not then I may jump into Firestorm Armada, which looks interesting. But FA will be a lot more expensive and have construction/painting time added to it. BG will at least be easier to jump into. I already play Hordes/Warmachine, so I don't need a whole bunch of construction games.

Looks like a new Star Trek Fleet Battles style game is going to be released as well, using prepainted, assembled miniatures sold non randomly like in HS.
Old March 29th, 2011, 10:00 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

RM, do you have more information on the Fleet Battles style game you mentioned? I did a quick google search and couldn't find anything, would be interested in hearing more.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old March 30th, 2011, 01:58 AM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post
RM, do you have more information on the Fleet Battles style game you mentioned? I did a quick google search and couldn't find anything, would be interested in hearing more.
This:
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/7...fleet-captains

Like I said, it will use prepainted miniatures sold non-randomly, so its not like the old Fleet Battles simulators per se, but is a Star Trek related space ship game nonetheless. Images are only of preview stuff: I don't think we've seen anything final about it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games