Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old June 29th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Maps by Darkmage7a

Cavern Circuit 1x BftU

Ruins of Feldspar 1x RotV, 1x FotA

CrossTrails v3.0 Req: 1 RotV, 2x RttFF

Don't walk, RUN v2.0 Req: 1 Rotv, 1 FotA, 1 VW

Changes
Spoiler Alert!

Way of the Scarab v2.0 req: 1 Rotv, 2RotFF

Undergrowth
Req: 1 BftU + 1 SotM + TJ 4 glyphs (See build for details)

Scenarios used during BATB3 Tournament
This tournament was not your normal tournament.
Spoiler Alert!

Titration Req: 1MS2 + 1MS3 + 1TJ

Marro Warrens Req: 1MS2 + 1MS3

Way of the Scarab Req: 1 Rotv + 2 RttFF
Althernateive views available here!

Don't Walk, Run Req: 1 RotV + 1 VW+ 1 FotA

Some experimental maps for the new D&D set.
Spoiler Alert!

A Stone's Throw Req: 1RotV

Cross Trails Req: 1 Rotv, 2 RttFF
is the first map I've ever uploaded. It's been a learning experience. Let me know what you think.

Note: While this map uses only one set of RotV tiles it uses 2 sets of ruins.

By playing 24 hex armies on a map that offers a 30 hex start zone you begin play with slightly more strategic options.

This is the image for the 24 hex build. To make it 30 hex add 3 start zones to the far left and far right one row in front of the existing start zone. No start zone should be on height.

My first scenario. Graveyard Bash

2 players battle it out while knocking over headstones to reinforce their armies with zombies. But watch out just when the game is coming to an end the Zombies could take over!

Last edited by Darkmage7a; January 8th, 2012 at 07:51 PM.
Old June 29th, 2009, 06:58 PM

Angear knows what's in an order marker Angear knows what's in an order marker
Re: Maps by Darkmage7a

I like the map! Maybe remove the two ruins close to the starting zone and replace one large ruin with a small ruin to make it exactly one masterset instead of 1 plus ruins.

My map thread is here new map 10/16/12
Old June 29th, 2009, 07:22 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I like it. Looks like a bit of a cross between Highways & Dieways and Badru Valley.

-insert signature here-
Old June 29th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I love it! And you should keep the extra ruins. If it makes the map better, who cares if it doesn't use exactly 1 set. I think map integrity comes first.
Old June 29th, 2009, 08:02 PM

Angear knows what's in an order marker Angear knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengi View Post
I love it! And you should keep the extra ruins. If it makes the map better, who cares if it doesn't use exactly 1 set. I think map integrity comes first.
It never really mattered to me but it just seemed kinda odd to add ruins and nothing else from a masterset. I see where your coming from though.

My map thread is here new map 10/16/12
Old June 29th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
I like it. Looks like a bit of a cross between Highways & Dieways and Badru Valley.
I appreciate the comparison to two fine BOV quality maps. Thank you.
Those happen to be some of my favorites too. Your comment just gave me the idea for a 3 vs 3 game with all three maps next to each other and connected roads.

The ruins stay, but that really is a good suggestion for anyone trying to build it with only one set. Thanks guys
Old July 1st, 2009, 09:20 AM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Im really drawn to this map. Visually its very pleasing. I may have to get this built soon. Good work!

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old July 1st, 2009, 10:13 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Ouch, sorry my mistake.
I posted the 24 hex start zone version. The 30 hex has 6 more per player. 3 on the far left and 3 on the far right only one hex in front of the exiting zones. no start zone is on height. I'll update it later when I have the chance.

... or maybe I'll just add a comment in the first post because it's easier.

Last edited by Darkmage7a; July 3rd, 2009 at 10:37 AM.
Old July 7th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Is The Skullmaster

My first scenario.

2 players battle it out while knocking over headstones to reinforce their armies with zombies. But watch out just when the game is coming to an end the Zombies could take over!

Have fun let me know if it doesn't make sense, or if it makes less sense than a normal horror film.

Last edited by Darkmage7a; July 7th, 2009 at 10:40 AM.
Old July 7th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

That's a lot of potential zombies! I think I'd be bringing Zelrig to this one. Mimring might not be a bad choice either.
Old July 9th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Is The Skullmaster

I think the cool part about this scenario is that you don't have waste turns placing order markers on zombies they always go automatically. All you have to do is use your extra attacks that would be lost trying to get to your target.
Old July 18th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Is The Skullmaster

A Stone's Throw

New map added.
I think of this as my experimentation in split start zones.
There's no odd numbered groups of starting zones so it's safe for an all double hex army. Which really means there's fewer issues when placing really weird figures.

EDIT: Tournaments know to use this map:
Bay Area Brawl - NHSD '09
SF Bay Area - Embrace the Suck in 2010
UTAH: 5th annual NHSD Oct. 9, 2010 -- "Wasatch Warfare"
Colorado NHSD Rocky Mountain Rumble 2010
Thanksgiving Thrash, 11/13/10 Brattleboro VT, Drafting!
Louisville Monthly Tournament - March 5th!
Colorado Pooled Draft Event
Cincinnati "Reverse" Tournament Sat. 3/26/11

Last edited by Darkmage7a; February 24th, 2011 at 03:52 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios