Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Old July 24th, 2007, 01:25 PM

Penitus has disabled reputation
I got MY bubble burst when I said No Beast or SuperSkrull

I'm downright shocked no ex-Heroclix players made mention of this, but the figs displayed in the podcast picture are clearly Heroclix figures placed alongside the Marvelscape characters. Compare the pictures:

with these:

AND

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I'm fairly sure I'm on the money. Why would they give us Super Skrull prior to a single F4 character? Why Beast before Wolverine? Why only 10 cards on the table? I think my hypothesis stands.

By the way I'm new. Hi.
-Matt
Old July 24th, 2007, 01:28 PM

Hawk14 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
hmmm..while they look similar, I believe that the skrull is different, and while the beasts pose is similar, its not identical, so I dont really think they are the same, look at the transparent part, its shaped different and of a different height.
but also I never did believe they were giving us hints.

P.S welcome!
Old July 24th, 2007, 01:31 PM

Heroclix does have several versions of Super Skrull (one more reason why I left the game), perhaps I chose the wrong one.

But as people made mention of the podcase picture Super Skrull's "invisible legs," I believe these may be the "flying" part of the base, as you can see above.
Old July 24th, 2007, 01:35 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth
I hate to burst your bubble, but hasbro would not be too keen it Chris was pictured using figures from other games. No this is probally a hint just like the last podfcast photo was a major hit to Fields of valor. In that picture, you can see all of the new wave ( that is if your look at the high-res closeups form others on this site)
No they are giving hints, just because they can.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old July 24th, 2007, 01:36 PM

Touche.

I was unsaware that they had dropped hints before. I don't play Heroscape at all. In fact I hadn't really investigated Heroscape at all until I found out they released a Marvel version 3 days ago.

Old July 24th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
Okay, I'm neither on your side, nor do I side with the people who feel that those are in fact Marvelscape figures, but those are not the same sculpts in any way shape or form.

Take for a moment, a look if you will at the poses of both figures in the Hasbro pic, and those of the two Clix figures. Neither match the figures that you are suggesting that they do. Yeah they may look similar, but not from the same mold.

The alleged Skrull figure in the Hasbro has a unique set of feet. Look really hard, those are clear plastic. Also is the position of his legs, more like a braced position, as if his is about to either "Land" or "turn around". The click figure has no real direction with how his sculpt is moving. His sculpt suggests he is standing in on spot.
Now look at the arms of the Hasbro figure, both are brought back, and close to the sides displaying the same suggested movements as the comments about his legs. They are both orange, but both are of a more similar shape, suggesting that this mold is more symetric than the Clix mold.

Also his shoulder pads are way smaller,

On the alleged Beast figure, both are in a similar "crouching position" but the Hasbro figures body position suggests that this figure is prepped and ready to find it's next target. The Clix figures body position suggests that it has infact already found it's target and is now on it's way to attack.

Yes both of these Clix looks similar, to Hasbro figs, but I am willing to bet $20 that these are not the same.

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old July 24th, 2007, 01:50 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Welcome Penitus. Take it from an ex-a-clixer, Marvelscape is a ton better.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old July 24th, 2007, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetcurse
Welcome Penitus. Take it from an ex-a-clixer, Marvelscape is a ton better.
I bet. I left Heroclix for Star Wars Miniatures a little less than 2 years ago and haven't regretted it since. But then, SWM got boring and suffered from the same problems Heroclix faced (e.g., "Why do we need 20 versions of Darth Vader?").

So far, it seems Heroscape rules are a bit closer to SWM rules than to Heroclix rules, and that's a VERY GOOD THING.

I'm stoked for Marvel Heroscape and I look forward to expansions, whatever they are.

EDIT: Oh, and I love the idea of 3D terrain, even if the elevations only make little hills and platforms. The idea that your map changes each game is brilliant.
Old July 24th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
As for the "why would they release Super Skrull before the Fantastic Four" question - my guess is - they won't. I could easily see a five figure booster of Thing, Human Torch, Invisible Woman, Mr. Fantastic, and Super Skrull in the Wave One Marvel expansion.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 24th, 2007, 02:40 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Please keep in mind that the heroes and villains in the master set are nemeses, except for Iron Man and Doctor Doom. My point is that from what we've seen thus far, we have a 80% chance that hero and villain releases will make sense. This is not a definite number.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old July 24th, 2007, 04:27 PM

Hawk14 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
also look at the skrulls arms and body in both pics and you will notice different poses, plus the hasbro beast is standing still, while the Heroclix one is charging.
Old July 24th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I think they should do Fin Fang Foom as a nemesis for Iron Man. That would be awesome - another dragon.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion