Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News
Marvel News Hasbro-released news, store sightings, etc. specific to Marvel HS

Notices

Old August 2nd, 2007, 12:29 AM

Talos is surprisingly tart
OK, just to clarify a few things. I don't think it's unreasonable with a team so clearly delineated as the FF to expect they will be released together. You think so, and we are both entitled to our opinions.

I didn't suggest that the whole 10 figures should have been FF related. I'm on the other side of the fence as far as the Punisher and Black Panther go. While the Punisher is cool, I can't for the life of me understand why the Black Panther is in there when there are so many other mainstream Marvel charcaters yet to add.

If they are going to go down this road, why not do wave expansions with a themed heroes and villains in each one so we can pick and choose what we want.

You don't have to bother yourself with the FF then and I can skip the Panther...

Cheers,
Talos

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
- George Carlin
Old August 2nd, 2007, 01:00 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talos
OK, just to clarify a few things. I don't think it's unreasonable with a team so clearly delineated as the FF to expect they will be released together. You think so, and we are both entitled to our opinions.

I didn't suggest that the whole 10 figures should have been FF related. I'm on the other side of the fence as far as the Punisher and Black Panther go. While the Punisher is cool, I can't for the life of me understand why the Black Panther is in there when there are so many other mainstream Marvel charcaters yet to add.

If they are going to go down this road, why not do wave expansions with a themed heroes and villains in each one so we can pick and choose what we want.

You don't have to bother yourself with the FF then and I can skip the Panther...
If you look at Classic Scape, you see that often they release units that work together in seperate waves. Why should Marvel be different?
Old August 2nd, 2007, 01:24 AM

I guess because my completist nature tells me so... you guys obviously don't see a problem... I do...

This isn't Classic 'Scape, it's Marvel 'Scape. Why shouldn't it be different. These are teams that have always worked together in the comics... The 'units' you mention have been complete squads they have complimentary abilities when combined with other complete squads.

The Fantastic Four without Reed is not a complete squad is it? That was all I set out to say...

Cheers,
Talos

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
- George Carlin
Old August 2nd, 2007, 04:20 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:

If anything, the two sets of 10 figures we've seen so far have been aggressively anti-thematic. As though the designers went out of their way to avoid coming out with a particular box of figures that matched up with a particular comic book or even small group of books. Now that I think about it, I don't think the names of teams or individual books appear anywhere in the manual. And as people have pointed out, they completely ignored any opportunity to release the figures from a Marvel movie simultaneously with that movie or the merchandise from it.

Maybe the real explanation is that Hasbro decided on, or had forced upon them by the terms of their agreement with Marvel, a plan to release the Marvel characters in a mixed mass, without tying them to specific books, movies, or teams. Maybe Marvel won't allow an X-Men expansion and a Fantastic Four expansion.

Heroclix is somewhat responsive to the comic stories themselves... a crossover or important storyline happens in the books, and the Clix conform to it. Maybe Marvel decided this is a way to keep their miniature lines distinct: Heroclix has redesigns, themed expansions, and team abilities that are based on writing, and Marvelscape is pretty much independent of the events in the books.
Old August 2nd, 2007, 11:11 AM

Ursas has disabled reputation
rd is most likely correct. I also think its good marketing to not include all of one particular group right away. This ensure's that if Reed is in the next expansion for some completists or people who love the FF they will have certain sales. Sure there are many more mainstream characters inthe Marvel U but they have to make sure this line sells for as long as they can. Drawing out "teams" is one way to do that.
Old August 2nd, 2007, 11:20 AM

*Sigh*
Quote:
I'm sorry, it just smacks to me a little of some Hasbro bean counter saying "Let's split the teams up so they have to keep buying the product to complete a set!"

I've got news for them, we ARE buying when they actually manage to get it into a shop (let alone into a country outside the US). We don't need to be coaxed like this.
I'm not disagreeing here, I just think there might have been a better balance struck. If they were going to break up the FF, why not split it into two sets of two? That way you've got more incentive to purchase the next set, and it looks a little less like "We've got ten figures here, but I keep thinking we forgot to put one in"

Cheers,
Talos

- George Carlin
Old August 2nd, 2007, 12:28 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
*Sigh*
Quote:
I'm sorry, it just smacks to me a little of some Hasbro bean counter saying "Let's split the teams up so they have to keep buying the product to complete a set!"

I've got news for them, we ARE buying when they actually manage to get it into a shop (let alone into a country outside the US). We don't need to be coaxed like this.
I'm not disagreeing here, I just think there might have been a better balance struck. If they were going to break up the FF, why not split it into two sets of two? That way you've got more incentive to purchase the next set, and it looks a little less like "We've got ten figures here, but I keep thinking we forgot to put one in"
You've still got better odds of getting more of the same team in Heroscape than in, say, Heroclix.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 05:33 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
If they told Doc Savage Reed's coming, I'd believe he'll appear in the next couple waves.....it seems like he'd be a good Wave Two inclusion along with Daredevil and Wolverine. They could act as the anchors for that wave and would work well with what we already have.
Old September 8th, 2007, 06:34 PM

Legion costs too much!
Hey i just need to know when they come out!!!! I heard it come out around December.

Hellsing obsessive.
Amutear custom custom creator.
Old September 8th, 2007, 07:44 PM

HS Beast has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion
Hey i just need to know when they come out!!!! I heard it come out around December.
You heard correctly.

How Beast won the right to be the first X-Man in Marvel Heroscape.
Old September 16th, 2007, 09:37 PM

ares834 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Imagine if the made Marvel Zombies!
Old September 16th, 2007, 10:17 PM

ProSpecT is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by ares834
Imagine if the made Marvel Zombies!
Hopefully thats all I'll have to do. Is imagine...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News