Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Old August 1st, 2007, 05:28 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Batman's absolute regard for human life and refusal to take the lives of criminals despite the fact that he battles them on a nightly basis without the help of powers makes him one of the better good guys, IMO. But, like any iconic character, he's had a lot of incarnations - including ones that carried guns, or had a very dark anti-hero feel to them.
Oh, and Manchine, you am ok with me.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 1st, 2007, 05:41 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
Batman's absolute regard for human life and refusal to take the lives of criminals despite the fact that he battles them on a nightly basis without the help of powers makes him one of the better good guys, IMO. But, like any iconic character, he's had a lot of incarnations - including ones that carried guns, or had a very dark anti-hero feel to them.
Oh, and Manchine, you am ok with me.
Yeah, the strict honor code is part of what makes Batman, well, Batman. In one of my favorite Bruce Wayne scenes, though not really canon anywhere, is at the start of the Batman Beyond cartoon, where an aging Bruce corners a thief and pulls out a gun - but then he just... stops. He just drops the gun. The guy gets away, as he falls to his knees realizing he can't be Batman anymore.

Fantastic series. Too bad there's no Heroclix of Terry McGinnis.

EDIT: OK, I was wrong on a few details, but still, I havn't seen that since the show since I was, like, 10. You can watch "The Fall of Batman" HERE.
Old August 1st, 2007, 05:47 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I should really look into making a Terry McGinnis card. But, yeah, the lack of a figure would be a problem.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 1st, 2007, 06:00 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I loved Batman Beyond. It's a shame they had to dump it, but the Justice League series did more for DC overall. Still, they took a cliched horrible idea and turned it into one of the best shows around. Return of the Joker is perhaps the only real non-comic representation of the character, and cemented ol'Darth Jr. as the best man to play the character. That show just got what Batman was all about; I was really sad when it got pulled off the air.
Old August 1st, 2007, 07:28 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker
What's Funny is I like all the Marvel heros, but DC has my favorite hero and the one that I despise above all else. Batman and Superman. Batman is my favorite of all time mainly because he's just a rich guy with cool gadgets where as Superman's only REAL villain is a rock. (watch the "I'm and Marvel, and I'm a DC videos on YouTube)

Spiderman ranks up there as well.
Old August 1st, 2007, 08:37 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I also noticed that good and evil language in the manual and was looking all over, even on the basic side of the cards, for which is which. I guess they just assume you already know or will go look it up somewhere else.

The people I play with don't know several of the characters either, and had trouble remembering that Thanos and Iron Man can fly. Does anyone else think we should have a little primer around here with real names, origin, source of powers, etc.?
Old August 1st, 2007, 10:01 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Are the "good" superheroes allowed to kill the bad guys or are they morally bound to just capture and imprison them? Are the good guys' morals and sense of right just thrown out the window?

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 1st, 2007, 10:04 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
I love the Marvel characters, yet I absolutely love the DC cartoons of the last 20 years. I love 'em enough to have bought the JL and JLU dvds.

What I've seen of the FF cartoon makes me cringe.

This has been a moment with ej. We return you to your regular snarking.
Old August 1st, 2007, 10:05 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
I love the Marvel characters, yet I absolutely love the DC cartoons of the last 20 years. I love 'em enough to have bought the JL and JLU dvds.

Hooray for agreement!

Wait, old or new FF?
Old August 1st, 2007, 10:12 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej

Haven't seen the FF cartoon, but I saw the DVD at Target the other day, I guess it's not worth getting.

I was always mostly a Marvel guy, but the JL and JLU "animated series) has gotten me into them a lot. My 4 year-old twin girls love JL and JLU as does my wife. We season pass the episodes that are run on Boomerang channel and often all watch the latest recorded episode after dinner. The wife and I love the adult themes and inuendos, while the kids love the action and take turns being Hawkgirl/Shiara sp? or Wonderwoman.

We have both Avengers DVDs and the Ironman DVD which the kids love. But I would love Marvel to do an animated series of the quality of JL and JLU.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 1st, 2007, 11:19 PM

MrBarkypants Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight
I also noticed that good and evil language in the manual and was looking all over, even on the basic side of the cards, for which is which. I guess they just assume you already know or will go look it up somewhere else.

The people I play with don't know several of the characters either, and had trouble remembering that Thanos and Iron Man can fly. Does anyone else think we should have a little primer around here with real names, origin, source of powers, etc.?
Somebody really, really smart asked the same thing a "few" posts ago

I'm Mr. Barkypants, and I'm a mix of ol schoo and new schoo....
Old August 1st, 2007, 11:39 PM

Ursas has disabled reputation
There is a rumor that Terry will soon be part of the main DC universe. what this exactly means is anyones guess. I know I am looking forward to it. I just hope he is as interesting as his cartoon counterpart.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion