Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

View Poll Results: Which unit is Better?
Microcorp Agents 26 59.09%
Omnicron Snipers 18 40.91%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 26th, 2015, 05:22 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Unit Debate #68 -- Snipers vs. Agents

It may be worth pointing out that the Omnicrons are always a threat, at any height. They are also the one unit who are benefitted most by any glyphs they can claim.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old January 26th, 2015, 10:09 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
It may be worth pointing out that the Omnicrons are always a threat, at any height. They are also the one unit who are benefitted most by any glyphs they can claim.
Lodin (+1 d20)?

I mean... I'll give you Astrid (+1 Atk) and Crevcor (+1 Common Atk), but the MCA absolutely benefit more from Lodin and I feel like the rest are pretty even.

And as for the "always a threat" comment... I suppose that's truer against high defense opponents, but the MCA are a far more dangerous threat to, say, Venoc Vipers, because on even ground they generate a skull 50% more often than the Snipers. If four MCA and four Snipers both make attacks on level ground against four Venoc Vipers, the Snipers will kill two on average and the MCA will kill three.

Since whiffing is a thing, I'd actually be far more tempted to call the MCA "always a threat" than I would be to give that designation to the Snipers.

~Aldin, with exceptions for autoshield generators and ranged counterattackers

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old August 26th, 2015, 08:37 PM

Mew28 Woo who?

I gotta with omicron snipers on this because they are better at getting the big guys like deathwalkers and dragons and the microcorp seem for like a trash killer however I feel that there are cheaper squads that can do the same thing for less like the marrio stingers but the sinpers are there own thing that can not be replaced by another squad really.
Old September 13th, 2015, 07:06 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I never thought about how similar these units are... Hm.

Sighting is not equal to deadly shot. If it were, Microcorp would have 2 extra powers on top of the Omnicrons, and would not be lower in the power rankings than them.

Deadly shot meaning you're going to actually do damage more than 2 or 4 dice. 1 skull means the opponent has to whiff to do damage, which happens but not a lot. Having the 2 skulls means you're likely to get the kill the other part of the time, and sink heroes with 4 skulls from height.

Taelord exists. Repulsors exist. That attack value can go up if you're wiling to spend the point.

I've never liked the Microcorp, but I love the Omnicrons. It's odd to reflect on how similar they actually are, and the subtlety of the things that lift the Omnicrons up.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old September 15th, 2015, 11:25 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Omnicrons get played more at my place out of the two, but when it comes down to it. The simplicity of the omnicrons is why they get played. I think the agents are better out of the two and are certainly a card with more personality than the omnicrons. Not to mention how I hate their kevlar vests.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 16th, 2015, 06:12 AM
Fully Baked

krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker

In a vacuum, the differences are pretty subtle, but when brought into context the real differences are in terms of offense, defense and synergy.

Offensively, the Omnicrons benefit from buffs more than the Agents, every bonus die doing double the work, with the potential to pull of six-skull rolls with only +2 attack, whereas a Microcorp in the same position can max out at 5 skulls, requiring all 5 dice to show skulls. Sure there's more consistency in rolling averages with Microcorps, but the boom/bust of Omnicrons can earn their 100 points back far faster than Microcorps, or so one would imagine at least.

Defensively, Omnicrons get all the boons/banes of being a Soulborg, though this isn't very frequently relevant, while the MCAs have a 30% change of dodging literally any wounds, meaning that in a pinch, an MCA is far more likely to survive than a Sniper - they certainly have quite a lot more staying power.

Synergy-wise, the MCA get Skahen's Cover Fire bonus movement and Laglor's Range+, the Omnicrons get Gilbert's Movement bonus and Repulsor's Attack+. Extending to C3G/SoV, MCAs get Elaria's +5% bonus to dodging and the Omnicrons get Omegacron, which is by far the more relevant of the two. This is mostly up to build preference, with no real favor to either, but given custom synergies the Omnicrons get one heck of a boon.

Really, when it comes down to the wire, I prefer the simplicity of Omnicrons to the Microcorps, since the slew of abilities aren't relevant enough for me to care (that and Omnicrons are quiet a lot easier to get a hold of). If every map had water hexes on height, then perhaps the MCA would be better, but I just don't see sending my high-value ranged squad down the river being a smart move no matter how you try to justify it.

Favor: Omnicrons, if only because I think they're cooler and easier for new players to grok.

Sometimes, you just have to start over.
Old April 25th, 2019, 06:48 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

I like this debate. Without thinking my mind puts Microcorp as superior but it's actually very close. There's something to be said for the Taelord/Omnicron combo....despite it being so old school it's still powerful. It's expensive and fragile but it can control a lot of your opponent's options/maneuvers; it's 7 range shots and really doesn't need height to work so it can play very conservatively. Microcorp need height, they need to move out.

Microcorp's water ability really doesn't do much for them, they need to reach height and water's almost never on height. Sighting's great but again, you need to have reached height, while Omnicrons (especially with Taelord) don't have to nearly as much (obviously Onnicrons are great on height too, no question) and can play more defensively and dance around more. But, Microcorp Agents have a defensive ability, and Omnicrons have nothing going for them defensively. Hmm...

I actually don't know on this one, I could see it go either way. I have Microcorp rated higher but in the same tier. But I could see an argument for the Omnicrons.

Microcorp + Taelord is an interesting army combo to discuss, too. That's a rare army but it's not bad at all.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units