Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old November 5th, 2014, 10:33 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1 View Post
Is Love Letter actually good? All I've heard about it is how AEG is milking it for all the money they can, a.k.a. Batman edition.
Love Letter is a brilliant game. Brilliant. You can teach it to total strangers, non-gaming strangers, in 5 minutes. It rewards skill but has enough card-draw luck to keep everyone involved. The art is perfect.

I have no interest in the variations I demo'ed at GenCon (The Garden? The Spaceship?), or any other, but Love Letter itself is just a perfect little game, IMHO.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 5th, 2014, 10:56 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Is Love Letter actually good? All I've heard about it is how AEG is milking it for all the money they can, a.k.a. Batman edition.
Love Letter is a brilliant game. Brilliant. You can teach it to total strangers, non-gaming strangers, in 5 minutes. It rewards skill but has enough card-draw luck to keep everyone involved. The art is perfect.

I have no interest in the variations I demo'ed at GenCon (The Garden? The Spaceship?), or any other, but Love Letter itself is just a perfect little game, IMHO.
Possibly the best filler of all time. You can carry it in your pocket, set up in under a minute and be done in a few minutes to 15 minutes depending on how the cards come out. Great for when you are waiting for people to show for your group games.
Old November 5th, 2014, 11:45 AM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So next question, is it worth getting the standard edition, or the Batman edition. I feel like people will take it less seriously if I pull out the Batman edition, but I will probably enjoy that theme better.

Old November 5th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Want mine? We don't like it very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 5th, 2014, 12:06 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:

Possibly the best filler of all time. You can carry it in your pocket, set up in under a minute and be done in a few minutes to 15 minutes depending on how the cards come out. Great for when you are waiting for people to show for your group games.
Yep, great game for sure. I've played it almost 30 times and with a lot of different people and we all have liked it.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 5th, 2014, 12:33 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Want mine? We don't like it very much.
Keeping it honest. Thanks, q.

I'll admit that I'm not a raving fan, either. I enjoy it, but it fits into the category of games that I play because I'm traveling and can't play a "real" game.

That said, it's an inexpensive game and we really have enjoyed it (you know, when Heroscape and Dead of Winter and Ascension weren't available ). I'm glad we own it, but I think I had too high of expectations going into it.*

It is, though, our most enjoyed on-the-road game and there-isn't-much-space game.

I recommend it--and have taught it to many people who immediately say, "I have to buy this"--I just want to set reasonable expectations.

--

I'm hoping the Batman skin will make it a bit more engaging for my sons and I. I plan to pick it up.

Last edited by 1Mmirg; November 5th, 2014 at 12:36 PM. Reason: I think expectations are huge in gaming--too high of expectations can ruin almost any game for you (at least initially).
Old November 5th, 2014, 01:33 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
So next question, is it worth getting the standard edition, or the Batman edition. I feel like people will take it less seriously if I pull out the Batman edition, but I will probably enjoy that theme better.
I don't think my friends took the original version seriously when I pulled it out (too princessy, maybe?) because they haven't agreed to a game yet after looking at it.

Oh well, 44 days to a new state and new game group possibilities!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 5th, 2014, 01:39 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

King of Tokyo Halloween Expansion. Yea? Nay?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Last edited by caps; November 5th, 2014 at 01:41 PM. Reason: And why did I think this game had lots of expansions?
Old November 5th, 2014, 01:46 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
King of Tokyo Halloween Expansion. Yea? Nay?
It's more of the same. So if you like KoT then go for it.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old November 5th, 2014, 01:53 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
I do like KoT. I was hoping for something that would add more variety to the game. I suppose new monsters will do.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 5th, 2014, 02:08 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
I do like KoT. I was hoping for something that would add more variety to the game. I suppose new monsters will do.
If you have the first expansion, you're set. The second is nice and add a few new twists to the game, but it's not as necessary as the first.
Old November 5th, 2014, 02:11 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Finally defeated the new minions, elite minions, and generals for Defenders of the Realm. Took down the last general (Undead) one area outside Monarch City after 2 heroes died fighting him the turns before, because you can't fight him as a group. We would have lost that turn had we not defeated him because the 2nd card in the Darkness Spreads deck was undead general moves to Monarch City.

These new figures make the game unbelievably tense and with the wrong heroes almost impossible. Really fun and satisfying win, especially after the three spectacularly feeble attempts before it where we killed a grand total of 1 general.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games