Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old September 17th, 2011, 10:43 AM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Damn... I can't finish my college paper any sooner to head on down to nyys-con. I thought of bringing down some games, but I see from the pics that there's truly no need for that, heh.

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old September 17th, 2011, 11:15 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

At Nyys-Con played:

1x Pandemic
2x Ascension
1x Robo-Rally
1x Kingsburg

Awesome time, we gotta do this again sometime! Thanks for hosting Nyys.
(then I forgot my copies of Pirate Fluxx, Chulthlu Dice and Innovation.)
Old September 18th, 2011, 10:59 AM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

Games played at nyys-con:

1x Cyclades
First time for me... This is an awesome game and I love its simplicity. Oprime's son won, with me in a close 2nd. I just needed one more philosopher to trade in for the second metropolis.

1x Pandemic
We lost...

1x Smallworld
Oprime's son won this one too.

1x Catacombs
Bengi introduced me to this one. Its both fun and funny. I was the most useless barbarian ever. I slayed the dragon in the most un-epic love tap ever to be struck with a throwing axe.

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old September 18th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Today -

Hive x 4 - We were stuck outside on a rainy day doing a scavenger hunt station. I was happy to have hive since it's not that big of a deal if the pieces get wet.

7 Wonders - Got a quick game in with the family before bed. My 6 year old tied for first place!

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old September 18th, 2011, 09:43 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land-based AE View Post
I didn't know you had Horus Heresy NYYS. What do you think of it?
I've had it for a few months, but I have yet to read the RB. I've been reading the Horus Hersy novels, and really got sucked in. I think after I read the 3rd book I just jumped online and grabbed it even though I know it would be a while before it got played. But having it out in the open like that this past weekend made me want to get reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmage7a View Post
Awesome time, we gotta do this again sometime! Thanks for hosting Nyys.
Yeah, it was a blast. I think the final count was 21 people at one point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B:T:L Matt View Post
Games played at nyys-con:
1x Catacombs
Bengi introduced me to this one. Its both fun and funny. I was the most useless barbarian ever. I slayed the dragon in the most un-epic love tap ever to be struck with a throwing axe.
At least you didn't die... darn elf!

--

I'll be posting the few pics I took hopefully tomorrow sometime. All I'll say for now is that Robo Rally with 8 people is fantastic madness!

-insert signature here-
Old September 19th, 2011, 01:07 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Games over the weekend:

The Magic Labyrinth

Cute game. Really fun with a very complex maze, though where the tile appears tends to really skew the game. Nice simple, fun memory game. Gimmicky, but a fun gimmick.

7 Wonders

First game with 7 players, most of which were totally new. Played well, very different from lower player counts. One player won handily with a sly military win (low military overall, just even weaker neighbors) and the military guild. It's definitely a bit overwhelming at first, even though its not nearly as complicated as it appears.

Warmachine/Hordes

Tried out Karchev the Terrible for the first time. Good game; Had a bad charge that really put me in a bad spot, but the damage I took landed in just the right places for my Jack to still be able to tear apart the only thing my caster was really afraid of. Lots of figures I used for the first time, with pretty decent results overall.
Old September 19th, 2011, 08:15 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Although there is a seperate thread where I've talked about the game, Taeblewalker and I recently played the first four scenarios of BATTLESHIP GALAXIES. He's stayed with the Wretch and usually beats me. Its also inspired us to bring out his old Star Frontiers, a tactical fleet game which is also a role playing attachment. Since it just uses tiny hexes and cardboard counters (I actually took out my magnifying glass to play it), we looked at my miniatures from Twilight Imperium and Galactic Emperor. On larger hexes (the size of Battleship Galaxies), they would make up all the kinds of ships we'd need for a real full star fleet!
Old September 19th, 2011, 11:18 AM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I played Rune Age, Gears of War and Lord of the Rings LCG this weekend. I also got some painting done.

Started an Earth Reborn set this weekend:

Also started on some Doom minis:
Old September 19th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Fantastic job as alwasy Jormi.

A quick question for you and Eclipse (or anyone else who paints). Do you use white or black primer when paint minis. When I started, I almost exclusively used black. I recently tried some white primer, and enjoyed the easier coverage, but found that the slightest speck of missed spot would often show up after completion. I recently went back to black for another round and I'm hating it. Compared to white, it takes so much longer for your paint to completely cover. Not sure if I'll go back to black again, and wondered what techniques you guys were using.

EDIT:

Also updated my blog with some new paintjobs. A military squad for the Zombie Apocalypse.

Old September 19th, 2011, 12:27 PM

LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby!

Spent last weekend with the family on a "gamecation." We played the heck out of Settlers of Catan, Zooloretto, and Survive.
It's funny; the kids complained that Survive was too easy but they never went after each other's pieces with the sea monsters or sunk each other's tiles. I told them they'd spent too much time playing German-style games had lost their cuthroat edge. Wifey would not approve if mean old Daddy sank their boats so we ended up having a very cooperative evacuation of the island. "Excuse me Mr. Yellow- no please- take my spot on the boat. I'm happy to swim to safety."

Last edited by LilMoochie : five minutes ago.
Reason: You think it's mindless drivel now? You should have seen it before.
LilMoochie's Maps, LilMoochie's trades
Old September 19th, 2011, 02:04 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train View Post
Fantastic job as alwasy Jormi.

A quick question for you and Eclipse (or anyone else who paints). Do you use white or black primer when paint minis.
Thanks!

I usually use white, but for somethings I use black or grey. A trick you can do after applying white is to wash the whole thing with badab black and give it a good initial shading. It makes sure all the cracks and crevices stay dark.

Another thing I have tried and kind of like is to first prime black and then dust with white from like a 45 degree angle down on it. Gives a good start on shading with everything hidden from the light being darker.
Old September 19th, 2011, 02:13 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMoochie View Post

"Excuse me Mr. Yellow- no please- take my spot on the boat. I'm happy to swim to safety."
I guess the Titanic version would be: "I'll just joyfully bob around in these frigid waters until I'm rescued." ~~~lol~~~ I haven't played SURVIVE yet, but I was amused by your comment, since I can definitely relate: MOST of our gaming sessions with family and friends (i.e. Carcassonne and Settlers of Catan) have become more of a cooperative experience than a real contest. If you display any "cut-throat" machinations, you're likely to be shuned for a week or two. I've been going alone to local tournaments and conventions (driving 100 miles or more) just to get some serious competition and release my inner chaotic evil. This past weekend I played Settlers of Catan twice and came in 4th of 4 both times... but I'd rather be playing HEROSCAPE or any other "light" war game in which I can simulate killing imaginary enemies.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games