Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old October 17th, 2010, 11:38 AM

vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker
Re: Hexes in Texas 2010: A National Heroscape Day event - 10

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for making this NHSD trip such a great time for me and the rest of the Louisiana guys. It was great fun and one of our little group had the honor of winning the thing(panopticon). He is a great player and week in and week out waxes me down here, so I figured it was just a matter of time before he pulled a big win off. Overall, our whole group had a good showing with me and Steven both being over.500 at 3-2 each, and of course John at 5-0.

For this event I had three armies I was up in the air with:

Anubiansx4
Red Wyrmlingsx7
Isamu

Braxas
Dwarvesx3
Raelin
Marcu

Hydrax2
Kaemon
Ratsx2
Raelin

I kinda wish now I would have went with my first army(anubians) because it was my personal favorite and I actually was 4-1 with it in practice (one loss to John, but I also beat him with it as well). The wyrmlings also proved really effective in Johns army, so I wonder if my 7 red would have really made a difference. Ultimately the fear of the metagame made me decide to use either army 2 or 3, and knowing the cheesiness of rats, and love for the big black queen, I went with the Braxas/Dwarf army.

Overall I had some good games, but had afew bonehead moves I'de like to get back. Braxas was either a monster, or a complete let down. The first game against Armageddon I started the day off with 5 1 rolls on the d20 for my Acid Breathe(I almost had a heart attack).

I also had a good close game(for the first half anyway) against Dignan but after my Braxas failed to kill any stingers on a crucial turn and then dying to them, and me forgetting about the healer glyph on the other side of the map,he turned the battle in his favor and finished me off.

Besides those two my other games Braxas did well and the dwarves complimented her with a screen, and some offensive numbers.

Anyway, no time at the moment for detailed battle reports but just wanted to say see you guys next time! And it was great fun.

Dustin

Let freedom ring with the shotgun blast
Old October 17th, 2010, 04:31 PM

Panopticon knows what's in an order marker Panopticon knows what's in an order marker

Thanks to everyone for making this such an awesome event! All Texas events that we've been to have been top-notch and well worth the crazy red-bull fueled night-driving.

Also thanks to my opponents. All of my games were really fun and challenging.

FencerJared - Too bad your vipers realized that they should've been frenzying the entire game and not just right at the end.

Armageddon - I really enjoyed our game. You're a super nice guy and it was a pleasure facing you.

Dignan - What can I say? Maybe after a little practice you'll be ready for a rematch. Just kidding! Despite your nice comment about our game, you and I both know that I got super lucky. Thanks for not cursing too much.

Dissolutio - I'm glad we could face each other again. You certainly know how to keep games light-hearted and a lot of fun.

killergoat72 - I was really impressed with our game. It was the quickest match of the day for me, but not because of how fast I killed you. You made lightening fast decisions and some really good moves. You got my vote for the sportsmanship award.

R˙chean - Thanks for not dividing. And also thanks for all the time and energy you invest to make these events so fantastic. I really liked the sportsmanship award this year.

See you guys next year! (hopefully)
Old October 17th, 2010, 05:21 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Photos!!!

Sorry, the typical witty captions will be missing. I didn't catch anyone in a really awkward shot so I had to make one up (see below).

People getting excited for the tournament to get underway.

The D3 figures that we got for our event.

Some second rounds matches.

Tmac and Cheddarlimbo in a match.

Rym's goblins taking on some monks.

Eventual tournament champ panopticon taking on disulto during round 4.

From left to right: Rodriquez, podwest, cheddarlimbo, fencer jared, and admiral adidas (actually, I don't think he has a heroscapers name).

More round four shots.

Drlivingston in round 4.

The game space at Madness is great.

There was a wisinger sighting at the event.

The championship match between R˙chean and panoticon.

The champ after a well earned title.

A time rift opened and Cheddarlimbo's great-great-uncle "Professor Cheddar" joined us to sell his miracle tonic during our event.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old October 17th, 2010, 05:55 PM

Panopticon knows what's in an order marker Panopticon knows what's in an order marker

Omg! I'm in a coffee shop right now trying to do some work and it's taking everything I have to not burst into uncontrollable laughter after seeing the Cheddarlimbo picture. Hilarious!

The funniest thing is that there's really minimal photoshopping going on in that pic.
Old October 17th, 2010, 07:16 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

LOL....oh my; that is funny.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old October 17th, 2010, 07:34 PM

sonlenmaster Woo who?

Well sadly for Cheddar hes no Professor Fate I should say.
It was a fun tournament even with a record I didnt like for me but still loved.

After all the DrL screaming im ok, but still he is a little.

Can not wait till next tournament and even tough its a 200 mile round trip for me getting there it is fun all the time.

Thank You-Sonlenmaster

In my dreams I think of 3 things:
Raining Dr.Pepper.
The Cowboys winning 5 Super Bowls in the next 10 years.
And HEROSCAPE!!!!!
Old October 18th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

R˙chean, is it possible to get armies posted up?

I'm sure it's a boon to do, but I am curious as to what everyone brought. I also understand that it may be impossible to do as I don't know that people filled out - or if they did fill out, didn't turn in - their army cards.

I know I never filled one out.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old October 18th, 2010, 01:07 PM

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Yes......however, I want the rankings to go with it and I failed to print that out Saturday. I am going to go by there tonight and see if I can snag the file or at least print the tourney summary.

I will put the listing up with army played but it will be later tonight or tomorrow.

I have 37 army army cards so you are not the only one who didn't fill one out.

I missed not seeing how the prize distro went. With my back to it and my focus on that last game, I feel like I missed out on one of my favorite parts of the event: prizing out!!

Last edited by R˙chean; October 18th, 2010 at 01:13 PM. Reason: We had to run the event on Madness comp since my laptop screen failed
Old October 18th, 2010, 04:10 PM

Armageddon has disabled reputation

Thanks for great games with all of my opponents: Vertigosmooth, Anubianwolf88, Panopticon, Dr. Weirdscaper and Barrott. I learned something new in each game and came away from the tourney a better player.

Great Traders: Hilo-scaper, Dicemaster, InfinityMax, Rodriquez, Tmac2200
Old October 18th, 2010, 06:32 PM

killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Yes......however, I want the rankings to go with it and I failed to print that out Saturday. I am going to go by there tonight and see if I can snag the file or at least print the tourney summary.

I will put the listing up with army played but it will be later tonight or tomorrow.

I have 37 army army cards so you are not the only one who didn't fill one out.

I missed not seeing how the prize distro went. With my back to it and my focus on that last game, I feel like I missed out on one of my favorite parts of the event: prizing out!!
Well a dude got 2 Skeans (no one was picking them!)
Old October 18th, 2010, 10:37 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Okay, I have to admit, that's pretty awesome...

Christmas Gift ideas for CheddarLimbo, everyone!
  • Top Hat (1)
  • Monocle (1)
That is all.

Last edited by CheddarLimbo; October 18th, 2010 at 10:39 PM. Reason: I'm torn between "flattered" and "creeped right the hell out"...
Old October 19th, 2010, 11:22 AM

rym is whining all over the forums about my lack of follow through on this event. Haters be hating I guess or more like he wants to gloat over going 4-1 again but not really being a threat to actually win

Whatever the case here are the results.
  1. Panopticon (6-0) - Raelin(R), 4xStingers, 4xBlack Wyrm, 2x Red Wyrm, Marcu
  2. R˙chean (5-1) - 7xDividers, Q10, Marcu
  3. Dignan (4-1) - 7xStingers, Raelin(R), Marcu
  4. Dissolutio (4-1) - 2xGreenscales, Zelrig, 2xABF, Ambershard, Isamu
  5. KillerGoat72 (4-1) - 3xMinions, Atlaga, Hierloom, Isamu
  6. HiTech126 (4-1) - Braxas, 2xPKs, 3xRats, MWs
  7. Rym (4-1) - 4xCutters, 2xHydra, Raelin(R)
  8. Zuko (4-1) - 5xStingers, Raelin(R), K.Awa, Marcu
  9. DrLivingston (3-2) - 4xWarforged, Raelin(R), Krav, Marcu
  10. N.Dotson (3-2) - Nilf, 3xVenoc, 3xAubrien
  11. fencerjared (3-2) - V.Warlord, Theracus, Isamu, Q10, 5xVenoc
  12. Rodriquez (3-2) - Q9, 5xCutters, Isamu, Shiori, Marcu
  13. Tmac'sDad (3-2) - Mimring, Krug, 3xSwog, 4xAGruts, Isamu
  14. Gladdragon (3-2) - Nilf, Q10, 3xGreenscales
  15. Tmac (3-2) - 4xRats, Raelin, Q9, Krav
  16. AnubianWolf88 (3-2) - 3xABF, Mogrimm, Q9, Isamu
  17. BroInLaw (3-2) - Grminak, Nerak, 5xHeavy
  18. wisinger (3-2) - 3xSnipers, 3xrats, Iskra, Rechets
  19. JDaniels (3-2) - Zelrig, 2xGreenscales, WSG, 2xNagrub, Otonashi
  20. vertigosmooth (3-2) - Braxas, 3xABF, Raelin(R), Marcu
  21. LastPlace (3-2) - 2xStingers, Raelin(R), Drake(S), Kelda, Air Element
  22. Lord Trask (3-2) - 4xWarforged, 2xRed wyrmling, Black wyrmling, Marcu, Isamu
  23. Podwest (3-2) - 2xMinnions, 3xPKs, Atlaga
  24. Kirk (2-3) - Cyprien, 2xMonks, Otonashi, Tarn, Q10
  25. Armageddon (2-3) - 2xMinions, 2xAshra, Krav, Raelin(R),Marcu
  26. Fenix (2-3) - K.Awa, 2xMinions, 3xStingers
  27. A.Dotson (2-3) - 4x10th, K.Awa, 2xDividers
  28. stacysensai (2-3) - 4xPKs, Krav, Nakita, Marcu
  29. Raven (2-3) - Sonlen, Krav, Atlaga, Syvarris, Isamu, Stingers
  30. DrWierdscaper (2-3) - NGS, SBN, 5xDividers, Marcu
  31. Erasmus (2-3) - Taelord, 4x10th, Guilty, Isamu
  32. SarahSarah (2-3) - Grimnak, Marcu, 5xStingers, Raelin(R)
  33. moonwalker (2-3) - E.Imperium, Krav, Iron Golem, Q9
  34. cheddarlimbo (2-3) - Nakita, A.Elite, 4xChainfighter, Drake(S), Marcu
  35. SonlenMaster (2-3) - Hydra, Raelin(S), 2xStingers, Sonlen
  36. JCain (2-3) - Warden, Isamu, Wyvern, 3xGranite, Otonashi
  37. Barrott (1-4) - 4xArmoc, V.Warlord, Eldgrim, Krav, Isamu
  38. Jaramillohector (1-4) - Syvarris, AGruts, White Wyrm, Blue Wyrm, Red Wyrm, Black Wyrm, Samurai Archers, 4th, K.Awa
  39. Ninthdoc (1-4) - 3xProtectors, Raelin(R), Atlaga, Otonashi, Isamu
  40. ZachB (1-4) - Sonlen, Izumi, Drake(S), Krav, Marcu
  41. hypernode (1-4) - Dragonspine, Krav, Raelin(R), Drake(S), Red Wyrm, Black Wyrm
  42. Aahz (0-5) - 2xVenoc, 3xAubrien, V.Warlord, EOV
  43. NCain (0-5) - 2xMonks, Syvarris, Otonashi, A.Elite, Harquebus, Isamu

Last edited by R˙chean; October 19th, 2010 at 11:47 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day