Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old September 13th, 2006, 12:40 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
I miss Kenntak. Besides, someone needs to overthrow UD as the post king. :P

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old September 13th, 2006, 01:13 PM

0rbital has disabled reputation
DOW really puts out some nice games. I'll definitely be buying this one.
Old September 13th, 2006, 02:59 PM

Kenntak has disabled reputation
I will try to post more. I have been very busy lately.
Old September 14th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Apparently some people think Heroscape and Battlelore are simliar enough that it only warrants having one of them.

There is a thread on BGG about selling Heroscape to get Battlelore...wtf...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/125886/page/1
Old September 14th, 2006, 02:28 PM

Point Blanks has disabled reputation
People putting down Heroscape? Blasphomy!
Old September 14th, 2006, 02:39 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
Apparently some people think Heroscape and Battlelore are simliar enough that it only warrants having one of them.

There is a thread on BGG about selling Heroscape to get Battlelore...wtf...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/125886/page/1
LOL! Some of the peeps on BGG are such eurosnobs they couldn't see the difference if you spelled it out for them.

Nice find on the thread. Funny read...here is my reaction while reading.

Newb.
Old September 14th, 2006, 02:54 PM

Kenntak has disabled reputation
The games are definitely not the same. I play and enjoy Commands and Colors: Ancients, which uses the same system as BattleLore, and it is very different from Heroscape. That thread on BGG is the result of ignorance, plain and simple.
Old September 14th, 2006, 03:00 PM

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Maybe we can make a Heroscapers of Catan with resource generation and wooden cubes. That might bring some of the eurogamers into the fold.

Newb.
Old September 14th, 2006, 03:01 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie
Maybe we can make a Heroscapers of Catan with resource generation and wooden cubes. That might bring some of the eurogamers into the fold.

Newb.
wodden cubes
Old September 14th, 2006, 03:11 PM

LOL!

Newb.
Old September 14th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Site Admin

I'm a big fan of "eurogames" and I have quiet a few of them, but no way would I give up heroscape for one. I learned my lesson about getting rid of things when I quit Magic.
Old September 14th, 2006, 03:55 PM

RichardD has disabled reputation
I'm a huge fan of Eurogames. Every year for the past 10 or so I've been able to go to the big Eurogames event at Essen, buying and playing lots of new Eurogames (even competing in the team championships once, by pretending to be an Italian - the Italians did very, very badly that year ...)

I'm also prety much an "American games" hater - you cannot call something with 500 cardboard counters a "wargame" (wargames are played with miniatures), and they rarely manage to be much of a game. The thought of playing ASL leaves me with a rash; even the thought of reasing another Avalon Hill rulebook gets me worried, and don't get me started on mainstream crud like Game of Life or Monopoly.

But Heroscape isn't like those games. And it's *nothing* like Memoir 44 or any other Command & Colours game, so why people think that they'd have to sell HS to buy BL is beyond me. I'm *probably* going to get both. Two different games, with different aims and mechanics. But if a silly BGGer wants to flog me his HS stuff, I can live with that

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games