Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old June 28th, 2006, 05:28 PM

CornPuff knows what's in an order marker CornPuff knows what's in an order marker
Question: Where to host a Heroscape event

Where do people host HS events?

I mean, do you guys have them at churches, libraries, parks, clubhouses or hot air balloons?

Theoretically, If I was to hold an event, is there a public sort of place that I could reserve for cheap/free?

Sudema is top notch in Heroscape: Legacy. Try out this alternative unit cost system at your next game day or tournament.
Old June 28th, 2006, 05:30 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
moving to.....

EVENTS!
Old June 28th, 2006, 05:34 PM

CornPuff knows what's in an order marker CornPuff knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEH
moving to.....

EVENTS!
oops, I wondered about that. [/quote]

Sudema is top notch in Heroscape: Legacy. Try out this alternative unit cost system at your next game day or tournament.
Old June 28th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Question: Where to host a Heroscape event

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornPuff
Theoretically, If I was to hold an event, is there a public sort of place that I could reserve for cheap/free?
Gaming store? Library room for a small group (i've thought about that option myself)? Your own home?

Public park with great summer weather?
Old June 28th, 2006, 05:44 PM

Runehardt has disabled reputation
What city do you live in? A lot of cities have cultural arts centers or community rooms that are REQUIRED to give a certain number of people free use of the space to keep their not for profit status.
Old June 28th, 2006, 06:24 PM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
I've had a heck of a time finding a place. We have a great deal of lodges and VFW's 'round here but most just give me that look when I tell them what it's for. Then they proceed to smile and say no sorry we only rent space for Reunions, Birthdays or my favorite "CORNHOLE".....damnit.

I have a place that would work it would just be cramped, which isn't what I want at all.

Honestly if you have a game shop close by try there first and move your way down the list to Lodges, churches, parks or home garage.

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old June 28th, 2006, 06:35 PM

I'm in indianapolis. Most outdoor locations don't work in this weather. 90 degrees at 50% humidity just isn't right. Air conditioning is a must.

those cultural centers sound like a good bet. I'll have to look around for them.

wow. cornhole.

Old June 28th, 2006, 10:32 PM
Site Admin

funrun is surprisingly tart
CA, LOL. I can't wait for the inevitable question about cornhole. . . . come on anyone wanna take the bait?

funrun's HS Repaints
Read my blog for interesting randomness as it comes to me.
Old June 28th, 2006, 10:35 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I had my last one in a coffeehouse.
Old June 28th, 2006, 10:36 PM

gibberish_47 Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced
I had my last one in a coffeehouse.
The only problem with coffee shops is table size.

Old June 28th, 2006, 10:50 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Yeah, some of the tables were good enough size, but some of them could have been bigger. There is a conference room in the basement of that building, and that is where I was originally going to hold the event, but they told Kyle that he couldn't use it that day or something.
Old June 29th, 2006, 03:47 AM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by funrun
CA, LOL. I can't wait for the inevitable question about cornhole. . . . come on anyone wanna take the bait?
Questions are for people who can't use

I haven't tried to host anything more than 3-5 people playing. Fortunately for me, cardhaus has a gaming location about 9 miles from my house.

I also know there are many public/semi-public places that will let space be reserved for very little. But the parks department in washington state is pretty nice.

Many restaurants have "banquet" rooms that are not much to reserve on weeknights. big tables and lots of chairs.

Use your imagination, ask someplace that looks interesting, all they can do is say no and give you a funny look.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events