Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old October 4th, 2018, 08:51 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Sports: NFL

Quote:
Back in the day, I was an Eagles fan.

Randall Cunningham is my all time favorite QB and you have to love Feagles.
That may be skewed a bit by TecmoBowl.
Old October 4th, 2018, 08:55 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Yeah, those were the days I started following football. The Randall Cunningham Eagles. He was fantastic.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 4th, 2018, 08:57 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Yeah, they were a lot of fun. Randall was sick.
Old October 4th, 2018, 08:57 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I really dug that one Cunningham Vikings team that was pretty stacked.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 5th, 2018, 02:04 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I've been a die hard Cowboys fan my whole life and I loved watching Cunningham play. As long as he wasn't playing the Cowboys of course. Was really rooting for him to win a championship with the Vikings, can't believe the collapsed at the end of that Falcons game.
Old October 5th, 2018, 07:46 AM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I think I was pretty clear that in Ravens/Steelers, you are talking about divisional foes who have been competitively relevant for the last 15 years, more or less. All the nastiness of the old Raiders/Whoever, or Packers/Whoever, but also two teams that have been fighting for the division title, and deep into the playoffs, frequently and recently. That was my point. Heck, I shared a video that does a great job describing a bunch of other great historical rivalries. Was Vikes/GB in there? Might have been. I don't remember.
Sorry DS, I didn't mean to dismiss your Ravens/Steelers rivalry, or any other rivalry. I was just pointing out that the Vikes/Packers weren't in the video list, yet in my little bubble it is a fierce rivalry that isn't any less so than any other. It comes up at weddings, in commercials, at your local grocery store - all over around here and for many good reasons.

As much as I hate the ill fated showdowns and seeing any type of success out of the Packers, it's hard to deny that there's something fun in a great rivalry. I feel sad for teams that don't have that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Was really rooting for him to win a championship with the Vikings, can't believe the collapsed at the end of that Falcons game.
This is, and perhaps forever will be, my worst moment as a Vikings fan was seeing Gary Anderson miss the field goal in that game - his only miss the entire year. Such a good team that year and all for naught. Devastating.

Last edited by bmon; October 5th, 2018 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Need to correct autocorrect
Old October 5th, 2018, 10:17 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Looking for some lighthearted entertainment today and I found it here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Broncos are 5-5 in their last 10 regular season games in Foxboro. The Broncos are 4-1 all time against the Patriots in the playoffs.

So, you know, you're both wrong about both of those things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I didn't recall that the Broncos played well in Massachusetts. Regardless, these are all small potatoes and not my point. To the best of my knowledge nobody imagines the existence of a Broncos/Patriots rivalry,
Well of course no one is saying there is a Broncos/Patriots rivalry...by doks statline above there isn't. A rivalry means that both teams are equally invested and successful. That's like the Browns claiming to have a rivalry with...um well...anybody I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Back in the day, I was an Eagles fan.

Randall Cunningham is my all time favorite QB and you have to love Feagles.
That may be skewed a bit by TecmoBowl.
Same here. My earliest NFL memory was 1980 SB Raiders vs Eagles. Since that day I had been a Raiders fan and follower of the Eagles. When Cunningham came about I started watching more and more Eagles games. I remember one year my mom got me a fleece Raider's Blanket for Christmas and she was so nervous because at that time she wasn't sure if she was suppose to get an Eagles or Raiders blanket. I still own that 30+ year old Raiders Blanket. Though my son makes sure it's put away during Cowboys games. But my wife still likes to use it on chilly evenings.

As an army brat growing up I never had a "Home Team" but the Raiders were always on. Though when I moved to Tampa back in 2000, having all the local radio station talking about the Buc's I got a taste of having a Home Team and I got sucked into being a pretty big Buc's fan. I even momentarily lost my mind and rooted for the Buc's in the Superbowl. I even wore a Bucs hat. Then we moved to Texas when my son was 5 and he LOVES the COWBOYS. But he LIKES with GREAT Enthusiasm the Raiders with me. So in return I Greatly Like the Cowboys as well and even yell at the screen too often for them to just "Run the dang ball!!!"

If any of you are familiar with the Puck Podcast you may be familiar with the term "Girl friend team" You are allowed to like a team in a different conference as your "wife team"

So for me the Raiders will always be my "wife team" but the Cowboys are my "Girl friend team" For my son it's the opposite. So it's still a great father son sports bonding happiness.

EDIT: @Tornado ...you need to check out TechmoBowl.org. There is an annual release of an edited ROM for Super Techmo Bowl. All new rosters and all 32 teams but same great Techmo Bowl fun.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 5th, 2018, 11:11 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I feel like the Lions and Cowboys have had a lot of close games in recent years (Romo era on up), including a couple of contentious playoff meetings. With that and with Stafford being from Dallas, I feel like we have at least a semi-rivalry.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 5th, 2018, 03:04 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Couldn't agree more on Steelers/Ravens rivalry. Every game I go in with a feeling of dread that "this game could change our season." So many big plays and unfortunate bad injuries. As far as kings goes, we play each other twice each year, at least; what competitive team have the Patriots played twice a year in the last 20 years. The Jets, Buffalo, and Miami have conspired to give them the division for about 20 years. Plus they've been caught cheating twice in the playoffs. Meanwhile the Steelers and Ravens have combined to go 4-1 in Super Bowls in that same time frame. I'd stack that up against Tom Shady and Bill Belicheat's tainted legacy any day.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez
Old October 15th, 2018, 10:28 AM

Who's the third best team in the NFL right now (if you share my opinion that the two undefeateds in KC and the Rams are the best two)?

If pressed, I'd have to say the Ravens.

Old October 15th, 2018, 10:58 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

They sure look good on their good days. Their two losses, though, were pretty ugly.

Who knows what the future holds. But they've already played all their divisional road games, and three quarters of their remaining schedule is at home. We'll see what happens. One of the members of the starting OL - Alex Lewis, no Pro Bowler, to be sure - was carted off to the hospital during the game yesterday. He flew home with the team and had movement in all extremities, but if he misses serious time then OL depth could be tested.

We'll see. But they sure looked good yesterday, Bats.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 15th, 2018, 11:28 AM

I mean, I guess you could describe the Pats in the same way you're describing the Ravens there. The Jags look like paper lions, and nobody outside of the Rams is impressing me in the NFC right now (maybe, maybe the Saints?).

Really, though, we're at that point in the season where it's mostly a cluster of 2-4, 3-3 types, with all the ties muddling things a bit more than usual.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV