Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old December 5th, 2015, 06:36 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!
Re: SoA's Customs: Ilyena Esenwein

This looks really cool! The miniature especially looks awesome, good find and good solid design.

For the power name suggestion, how about "Vampiric Orb of Hypnosis"? That silver ball she's holding looks pretty important, maybe it has the power to bend someones mind to her abilities..?
Old December 5th, 2015, 09:40 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Ilyena Esenwein: An interesting take to be sure. Her Domination is extremely useful, similar to a power on one of my own customs Agamemnon called God Thunder (shameless plug, check). An explosion-style Dragon Swoop is very potent, especially when she'll heal for every squaddie taken down by that power. I like that you'll likely have to rely on heroes to take her down.

I almost feel like 150 is a bit low for her considering her anti-squad/healing potential, especially considering that Cyprien's true cost is 195 a lot of the time. But I ain't playtested her so I can't say for certain.

~TAF,

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old December 6th, 2015, 09:05 AM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Ilyena seems really cool. I can't speak much on the mechanics (I haven't played heroscape in ages, grrrr), but I really love the theme. Cyprien needs more siblings. The Esenwein family should be exactly that, a family. Lots of twists and turns and conspiracies and family stuff.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old December 7th, 2015, 10:42 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

I like the figure and the theme, but I admit that I am not quite sure what is going on with Vampiric Domination. When I first read it, I thought "that figure receives 1 wound" referred to the target / Dominated figure -- perhaps "that adjacent figure" would clear up any potential misunderstanding. Thematically, she is mentally controlling a figure (yours or someone else's) and giving that figure some kind of Whirlwind Assault. But it also attacks all figures next to it -- including your own -- which would seem to break the hypnosis / domination theme. If she's controlling the figure, why can't she keep them from attacking your own figures?

If the idea is that they're in some kind of frenzy, perhaps rename the power? Enthralled Frenzy? Mind Break? Orb of Madness?

Here are my humble suggestions for the power wording:
After moving and before attacking with Ilyena Esenwein, choose a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Ilyena Esenwein to Dominate. Roll the 20-sided die once for each figure controlled by an opponent that is adjacent to the Dominated figure. If you roll a 16 or higher, that adjacent figure receives 1 wound. Add 3 to your die roll if the Dominated figure is a Squad figure. Soulborgs and Constructs cannot be chosen for Vampiric Seduction Domination.
Another possibility:
After moving and before attacking with Ilyena Esenwein, choose a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Ilyena Esenwein to Dominate. Roll the 20-sided die once for each figure controlled by an opponent that is adjacent to the Dominated figure. If you roll a 16 or higher, the adjacent figure receives 1 wound. Add 3 to your die roll if the Dominated figure is a Squad friendly figure. Soulborgs and Constructs cannot be chosen for Vampiric Domination.
Those may be very different from your intent, but I hope they are useful suggestions.
Old December 25th, 2015, 02:35 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Card for Ilyena Esenwein:

@Dad_Scaper if you wanted to see it.
Old December 25th, 2015, 02:42 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Special thanks go to Ninja Status for the card, and Dad_Scaper for help with the wording. And of course, thank you to everyone who responded in this thread, your comments were very helpful.

Happy Holidays!
Old December 25th, 2015, 03:05 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

It looks good, gentlemen. I hardly touched it, but thank you for giving me the opportunity to help.

I like the idea of a deceiving Vydar Eisenwein.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 27th, 2015, 01:40 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Cool idea. I wish Life Drain had an adjacency clause, but not much that can be done about that.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 28th, 2015, 09:09 AM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

That mini is terrifying. Orb is a nicely done power, really like how it works. Great work on her, Orb is really unique.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old May 31st, 2016, 05:52 PM

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!
Re: SoA's Customs: Murderous Garments

Whew, been a while, huh? Got a few things I'm tinkering with at the moment (including a nightmarishly complicated resurrection mechanic, but more on that late). Here's the one furthest along.

NAME = EBON CLOAK
GENERAL = VYDAR/VALKRILL
PLANET = ARCTORUS
SPECIES = ANIMATA
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CONSTRUCT
PERSONALITY = TORMENTED
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM/5

LIFE = 3
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 50

RETURN TO THE GRAVE SPECIAL ATTACK

Range 1. Attack 6.
After attacking with Return to The Grave Special Attack, destroy the Ebon Cloak.

ANIMATED MATERIAL
When the Ebon Cloak is destroyed, you may place it on a Unique Human Army Card in your army that does not already have an Animata figure on it.

ETERNAL TORMENT
For the entire game, when a Unique Human Hero or Squad figure you control is destroyed by a normal or special attack or leaving engagement attack by an opponent’s figure, you may replace it with your previously destroyed Ebon Cloak from that figure’s Army Card, if possible, and remove all Wound Markers on the Ebon Cloak’s card.

The figure used is a HeroClix Ragman, #4, 5 & 6 (Rookie, Experienced & Veteran, respectively) from the Collateral Damage set:

Notes: Saw this mini while trawling around, and thanks to johnny139, I got the name. It's too cool not to have a custom. Well, C3G beat me to that, but it's too cool not to have a Classic custom. So I turned to C3V's Ebon Armor for inspiration. Two of his powers are pretty much clones, although I changed the name slightly on each to avoid conflict with Animated Materiel (it also better reflects the fact that it's a cloak, not armor), and to deal with the details of returning a multi-life figure to the battlefield (copying the clause from Thanos' card). Return to The Grave is, of course, another clone.

Your ideal use of him, I should think, would be to place him on a frontline squad/hero, replace him if you get a death on OM3, then use OM 1 to strike at a valuable figure with RTtG SA. Rinse 'n Repeat.

I so wanted to give him Flying, but alas, that would've been much too much text for a card.

I'm not sure if this guy rightly belongs in Vydar or Valkrill. Yeah, I know the Ebon Armor follow Einar, but I kinda see this as a darker take on the mechanic. Like if Jack the Ripper's soul got bound to his coat, and it went around murdering people, trying to pass on to the afterlife... or, y'know, 'cause it's Jack.

I could see him as Vydar, with all the darker units he's been summoning lately; kinda the tortured (anti)-hero angle. Or Valkrill, going with the death-happy malevolent closet-stalker. Don't go into the dark wardrobe!
Old May 31st, 2016, 09:49 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: SoA's Customs: Murderous Garments

Ebon Cloak: Pretty wicked (tiddy-boom) unit there. I think the reanimation mechanic works better on him than the Ebon Armor. Much easier with only one figure.

I'm thinking Vydar for General. And you might be able to squeeze Flying on there. His first two powers are pretty short.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old June 11th, 2016, 04:19 PM

Re: SoA's Customs: Primadons

Ugh... so I typed up a very long post discussing the ins and outs of writing the history of worlds through customs (with citations of the Havech Eradicators, Vulcanmech Indendiborgs, etc, etc)... and lost it.

WARNING: SELF-INDULGENCE AHEAD

Long story short, here's my take on the future of the Primadon civilization. While the Havechs evolved from Marro into cyborgs, and Zaeus developed battle-suit technology, the Marro launched a full-scale invasion of the Primadon homelands. Implementing the battle-suit tech throughout their military in a desperate attempt to repel the incursion, the Primadons were able to push the horde back. However, they were drawn into a state of constant war with the Marro, wherein each side gaining the upper hand, then lost it, over and over as the arms race between their species progressed. The Primadon culture changed from one of reclusive scientists into a civilization of warriors combating an ever-present alien menace. Their technology became deadlier, and their methods became more brutal. Where they had merely been suspicious of outsiders before, now they saw all non-Primadons as threats. And all threats must be dealt with, in time.

Impressed with their development, Vydar reached into the front lines of Marr's constant wars, and brought his chosen fighters to Valhalla.

NAME = GAIUS
GENERAL = VYDAR
PLANET = MARR
SPECIES = PRIMADON
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ALPAHLLON
PERSONALITY = MILITARISTIC
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM/5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 5
POINTS = 100

PRIMADON MOTIVATION

After attacking with Gaius, you may move one Primadon figure you control who is within clear sight of Gaius up to X spaces, where X equals the number of skulls Gaius rolled this turn. You cannot use Primadon Motivation to move Gaius.

PRIMADON ARMY ATTACK BONUS

If every Army Card you control has the Primadon species, Gaius receives 2 additional attack dice.

NAME = TAMBOR
GENERAL = VYDAR
PLANET = MARR
SPECIES = PRIMADON
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = PILOT
PERSONALITY = PRECISE
SIZE/HEIGHT = HUGE/???

LIFE = 3
MOVE = 7
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5
POINTS = ???

STRAFING RUN

If Tambor moves in a straight line and does not attack, he may use Strafing Run. One at a time, for each non-flying figure Tambor passed over, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, that figure receives a wound. Figures adjacent to Tambor at the start of his turn are not affected by Straving Run.

FLYING
When counting spaces for Tambor’s movement, ignore elevations. Tambor may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Tambor starts to fly, if he is engaged, he will take any leaving engagement attacks.

Both of these figures are taken from the AT-43 Karmans Saint Anuman and Jido-Un Hero Box. MiniatureMarket currently has 77 on clearance for $10 each.

Design notes:
Gaius might be a little off the baseline of previous Primadon names, but I couldn't resist the nod to Caesar (in more ways than one). His stats address my vision of the Primadon's evolution much more explicitly than Tambor's. However, Tambor's Strafing Run power does contain an element of the "any means necessary" mentality I hope to convey, in that all figures he passes over can be damaged by the Strafing Run. Even some unfortunate Gorilliniators.

So, I'm looking for all sorts of feedback here. Is this thematic direction believable? Do the powers communicate that? Am I just going nuts? Etc.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards