Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old April 16th, 2009, 08:51 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
What is the best army out there?

It's true that there's no one 500-point army that always wins, but what's the closest you can get? Does anybody know the best possible 500point army?

Last edited by Anitar; November 3rd, 2009 at 11:24 PM.
Old April 16th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: What is the best army out there?

It is arguably the Ranged Vydar Pod (coined/made famous by Jexik).

Based around

Agent Q9 - 180
Krav Maga Agents - 280
Vydar Flag Bearer - 390
Raelin - 470
Old April 16th, 2009, 09:12 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

agent Q9? that guys is awesome

still got 30 points for spare parts
Old April 17th, 2009, 04:18 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post

Based around

Agent Q9 - 180
Krav Maga Agents - 280
Vydar Flag Bearer - 390
Raelin - 470
That would leave 30 more points just BEGGING to be used by Isamu.

P.S. What's with the 9 spoiler alerts in your signature?
Old April 19th, 2009, 01:38 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post

Based around

Agent Q9 - 180
Krav Maga Agents - 280
Vydar Flag Bearer - 390
Raelin - 470
I didn't have anything to do with making this army famous. I've never played that army in a tournament. I'm just a guy who writes stuff down.

But, I do call that army 'Vydar Ranged' in my Cookie Cutter thread, which discusses a lot of the stronger and decent army builds out there. Which army is best for any specific tournament depends a lot on what you expect to face, the maps being used, the glyphs being used, and your own personal strengths and weaknesses as a player.

The Tournament Armies Played thread is also an interesting one to see what works and doesn't for different people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old April 19th, 2009, 02:09 AM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Nithdoc's amazing army that wins about 75% of the games it's in for me is the one...

Q9-180
Nakita-120
Krav-100
Agent Carr-100
If you know how to play it, It's sometimes an easy victory!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old April 16th, 2009, 09:14 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

The answer is...there is none.

Thanks for playing we have some nice parting gifts for you....Johnny tell him what he's won.
Old April 17th, 2009, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
The answer is...there is none.

Thanks for playing we have some nice parting gifts for you....Johnny tell him what he's won.
I know. There's no auto-win army. But I just want to know which has the greatest chance of winning. Of course it can lose sometimes.
Old April 17th, 2009, 04:27 PM
has been BANNED

Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby! Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby! Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby! Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby! Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby!

Almost everyone seems reluctant to advise. Given current tournament maps, I believe some of the best possible non-Marvel army builds are:

Raelin + Major Q9 + Krav Maga Agents + Deathreavers = 400

or for 500 points,

Raelin + Laglor + Major Q9 + Krav M.A. + Marcu = 500

or the close second,

The Marro Hive + 4 x Stingers + 2 x Deathreavers + Marcu = 500
(Use Deathreavers in a "replacing line" to secure glyphs/block melee)
Old April 16th, 2009, 09:26 PM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

The best army is the one you've had fun playing, win or lose.
Old April 19th, 2009, 09:37 AM

the beast is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff View Post
He's right if you always win no one will play with you like my brother he never plays.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world he gave his only son whoever believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

Believe what you can't see.
Old April 19th, 2009, 09:39 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beast View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff View Post
He's right if you always win no one will play with you like my brother he never plays.
Not always true...I beat my son almost all of the time but he keeps coming back for more trying to finally beat me. If you win all the time it's fine as long as you don't start bragging about "your awesome might".

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units