Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old October 13th, 2017, 11:19 AM
SoCal League Member

Detrimentalman is surprisingly tart
Re: NHSD: SoCal Slaughter! 2017

Looking good for me to make it tomorrow!

I am missing various figures, probably borrowed and never returned. My initials SMT are on the underside of the base on all of my figures, thanks in advance for returning them upon discovery...
Old October 13th, 2017, 07:17 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivelord View Post
I’ll just bring my whole army bucket and y’all can borrow whatever.
I never really think to use Marcu so you’re good to go on that borrow.
Great! Sounds like a plan.

Quote:
Ready for tomorrow!
(Kinda)
I know exactly how you feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detrimentalman View Post
Looking good for me to make it tomorrow!
Excellent! Well, as it turns out, we had a last minute "no" turn into a "yes" ourselves, so now we're looking at a possible 13+ attendees. Which is pretty amazing, all things considered.

We should have enough maps, but we are getting a little tighter than I typically like to see. @Detrimentalman , if you do come, would you be able to make a map? I would suggest Savage Corridor (that was the next possibility on my list). Except I'm not sure if you have any castle sets ... my notes say you don't. So either plan on borrowing castle terrain from wnfb (who doesn't need any of his for any of his maps), or, if that seems like too much hassle, just skip Savage Corridor and go with the next map on my list, which would be Ice Blossom. But either way you have to handle the instructions part yourself, because I just got back from the printer.

But, hey: too many people showing up sounds like the most excellent problem we could possibly have. Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!

(And I'll be checking in at least one more time before I leave the house.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 13th, 2017, 07:36 PM

hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My terrain is all in one bucket as well so I can totally manifest another map. It’s weird for me only to be doing one this year anyhow. Hahah.

[COLOR=Green]Online Heroscape record: 13-12[/COLOR]
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/8zfzgj.gif[/IMG]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23292"]My epic 15 pound homemade ceramic dice tower.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5351"]My mega-maps.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26271"]Heroscape: The BOGO of All Time.[/URL]
Old October 13th, 2017, 08:00 PM
SoCal League Member

@Xotli I think I have 3-4 castle sets, but not sure if I’ll have time to dig stuff out tonight. I can always bow out if there is an odd number of not enough maps.

I am missing various figures, probably borrowed and never returned. My initials SMT are on the underside of the base on all of my figures, thanks in advance for returning them upon discovery...
Old October 14th, 2017, 04:05 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
My terrain is all in one bucket as well so I can totally manifest another map. It’s weird for me only to be doing one this year anyhow. Hahah.
Yeah, I was going to assign you two maps, but everything I tried didn't work for what I have you down as your collection. Not sure why. But e.g. my spreadsheet says you can't build both April and Savage Corridor (because you only have 1 TJ), and you can't build both April and Ice Blossom (because you only have 1 TT). But of course my spreadsheet might be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detrimentalman View Post
@Xotli I think I have 3-4 castle sets, but not sure if I’ll have time to dig stuff out tonight. I can always bow out if there is an odd number of not enough maps.
No, don't be silly. Like I said, having more people than we expected is the best kind of problem to have. Way better than if like 4 of us showed up and just sort of stared at each other glumly. We can work it out; we're a resourceful lot.

Anyways, still building armies—now I have 14 to come up with. At least. Then a quick tile count on the maps I still have in boxes ('cause, you know: Guilty and Iskra could have taken some of the terrain with them when they took off), maybe a last check on the food packing, and then try to get everything into small enough containers that it will actually fit in the truck. Then maybe I'll get some sleep too.

Quote:
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 14th, 2017, 04:14 AM

Leotheanimal87 is surprisingly tart

Packed and ready for tomorrow! Can't wait to see you guys! Bringing my A game army since I want to take the gold for a third time!

“Sometimes when you shout your wishes into the void, the void looks back and smiles” -HMK WELCOME BACK HEROSCAPE! I never stopped believing!
Old October 14th, 2017, 12:55 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

I think I'm ready. People are starting to arrive at my house, so I guess I better be.

See you guys in like an hour!

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 14th, 2017, 01:17 PM

Running a bit late. Hope to be there before 1130

“Sometimes when you shout your wishes into the void, the void looks back and smiles” -HMK WELCOME BACK HEROSCAPE! I never stopped believing!
Old October 14th, 2017, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leotheanimal87 View Post
Running a bit late. Hope to be there before 1130
Make it noon traffic :/

Old October 14th, 2017, 11:57 PM
SoCal League Member

Great seeing everyone and thanks to wnfb for being such a great host!

Until next time!

Old October 17th, 2017, 04:52 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

It was so great to see everyone again this year! I think everyone from my car had a blast—I know I did, despite coming in dead last in the tourney.

Say, does anyone (@warriorneedsfoodbadly or @hivelord , I suppose) have the completed tourney sheets? I've been trying the last few years to keep better track of who came in what order, and what their armies were. Obviously I know all the armies on my side—I pretty much built 'em all —but I didn't get to play Leo or hivelord or wnfb or hivelord's pop or Dman, so I don't even have a vague idea of what you guys had.

Looking forward to the next time we get together, and hoping it's not a whole 'nother year this time.

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 17th, 2017, 10:04 AM

hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It was a fantastic day! Thanks to everyone involved!
As is tradition, the pops and I finished within a place of each other and in a reversal of last year, I won!

My army was 5x Stingers, 2x Death Chasers, 1x Ogre Pulverizer, and Isamu.
Pop’s army was 3x Minions, Krav Maga Agents, and Atlaga.

[COLOR=Green]Online Heroscape record: 13-12[/COLOR]
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/8zfzgj.gif[/IMG]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23292"]My epic 15 pound homemade ceramic dice tower.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5351"]My mega-maps.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26271"]Heroscape: The BOGO of All Time.[/URL]

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day