Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape
Heroes of Star Wars Scape The place for all your Star Wars customs needs.

Notices

Old March 5th, 2014, 02:10 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Holocron of Rebel Captain

PDF files have been updated.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old March 12th, 2014, 10:20 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Just a suggestion, because I didn't quite follow the power as written on the card.

REBEL ASSAULT
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with this Rebel Captain, you may choose one of the following:
- Move up to 6 Common Squad figures you control that have the Hold Steady Special Power; or
- Take a single turn with up to 4 Common Squad figures you control that have the Hold Steady Special Power, during which the chosen figures may only attack.
Figures chosen for Rebel Assault must be within 5 clear sight spaces of this Rebel Captain. At the end of your turn, you may place the Hold Steady marker on the Army Card of one of the chosen figures.

Without the punctuation, the second clause runs into the second last sentence, which causes confusion. Plus it looks funky on the card.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old April 27th, 2014, 09:47 AM

CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby!

Under classic scape synergy's, shouldn't the rebel captain be able to aid the scared band with their disciplined army bonus?
Old April 27th, 2014, 01:43 PM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyTankster View Post
Under classic scape synergy's, shouldn't the rebel captain be able to aid the scared band with their disciplined army bonus?
Oops, good catch. He should be able to aid them, yes.

Thanks
Old July 22nd, 2014, 06:59 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Whats the best number of these guys to use in a typical build? 2x Captains mixed in with the squads? Or does one usually take the cake?

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old July 22nd, 2014, 09:38 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
Whats the best number of these guys to use in a typical build? 2x Captains mixed in with the squads? Or does one usually take the cake?
3 times out of 4 you'll usually use x2... There's an occasional army that x1 does it though. I guess once again it's 1 Captain to every 2 squads of Troopers (Regular and Snow combined). You'll find that the reason 3/4 times you use 2 is because 75% of the time you're also using 3-4 squads.

Personally I ordered 2 of them.

Last edited by Sheep; July 22nd, 2014 at 09:55 AM.
Old July 22nd, 2014, 09:45 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

When you only have 1 Rebel Captain, when he dies your offensive output really struggles. Having 2 Captains helps a lot with this, though it makes OM management trickier.
Old July 22nd, 2014, 10:16 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

I find:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Trooper Army
100 Princess Leia
250 Obi-Wan Kenobi
380 Rebel Captains x2
600 Rebel Troopers x4
600pts/16hexes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Snow Trooper Army
100 Princess Leia
250 Obi-Wan Kenobi
380 Rebel Captains x2
575 Rebel Snow Troopers x3
25 more points (Sahaugin Raider, Drow Chainfighter, Marcu, 3PO/Isamu?)
600pts/14-15hexes
To be effective armies. I guess for the RST army you could also remove a squad of RSTs (90pts left) and add in Luke. In that case, with only 2 squads of Snow Troopers, I might replace a Captain with either an Rebel Heavy Gunner or Johnny Shotgun. They both do the same thing really by taking out squads it's just a matter of if you want to mix Classic with HoSS. That army would bring you Leia + Luke + Ben + RC + RSTs x2 + RHG/Johnny.

Last edited by Sheep; July 22nd, 2014 at 10:28 AM.
Old July 7th, 2015, 02:05 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Is there a version of this PDF that doesn't have 2 cards per page?
Old July 7th, 2015, 02:53 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
Is there a version of this PDF that doesn't have 2 cards per page?
Not currently, but I can whip one up. Probably won't be until tomorrow.

PS - I'll add the PDF links to the other threads you pointed out as soon as I get the chance.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old October 15th, 2015, 04:04 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

I have a lot of trouble getting the Rebels to work well. I played two games yesterday against Stormtrooper builds with Ozzel and the Rebels got destroyed!

I think the hardest part about playing them is that they have to sit within range of their target for a turn in order to get the most potential out of them. Without a Captain, they can move and attack, but remove their Hold Steady Marker until the next turn (if there are still targets in range). With the Captain, you can move them within range, but they can't attack until the next turn (if there are still targets in range). I always end up giving the first attacks to my opponent and the Rebels can't hold up to the Stormtroopers, even when Ozzel was messing up his surprise attack and the Rebels were rolling 5 defense dice! I feel like I move 6 Troopers up, the Stormtroopers kill a few, then a couple can shoot back, but don't necessarily penetrate Stormtrooper Armor, then the Stormtroopers kill enough to where you feel like you should move more up, but to do that with the Captain you have to forgo attacks....

Anyone have tips on using this guy? I have the feeling he shines the most when he covers a retreat by the Rebel Troopers. My intuition says it might be more effective to mix OMs on him and on the Rebel Troopers, using him to get lots of them out of the SZ, then using OMs on the Troopers to have them move into range and fire, then using him again to fire once they are there.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old October 15th, 2015, 04:22 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I like to use 2 Rebel Captains in concert.

The Rebel Troopers were really designed this way on purpose, so that they "Hold Steady" and wait for the enemy to come. We see them fight that way multiple times in the movies.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape