Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old January 6th, 2008, 02:39 PM

elf326 is surprisingly tart
Just. Plain. AWESOME!
Old January 6th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
Do you have any images of your tiles interlocked with official terrain tiles? I know you said they work perfectly together, but there are no pictures to illustrate this.

Nonetheless, very cool looking!

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old January 6th, 2008, 02:46 PM

Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby!
aside from whats in the first post...

Old January 6th, 2008, 02:54 PM

DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby!
That is the grooviest custom idea I've ever seen. What are the chances we could get a tutorial on how to make a mold?
Old January 6th, 2008, 03:01 PM

shadowpie has disabled reputation
Is there a website that can make/ help you make the molds?

captain macmillan rules!
(call of duty 4)
Old January 6th, 2008, 03:03 PM

Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby!
i believe smooth-on.com has some video tutorials.

Old January 6th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Great job, Talyn!! Those look amazing and appear to fit nicely with the official hexes.

Newb.
Old January 6th, 2008, 03:29 PM

Cale has disabled reputation
how did you pour the resin so that your 2part would work correctly? i've been racking my brain thinking of how to do this exact thing(since i like to use hexes on all my customs and i'm running a bit low on singles) but i always come up with i'd have to do an injection mold, which i did not want to do(mostly due to the cleaning of the extra sprue) and speaking of bubbles i learned that if you do an injection mold, if you keep two air passages(one for the injection) then the second hole will help the release of the bubbles.

I think I'll call it..... Bob.

Custom Terrain by Cale
Old January 6th, 2008, 03:38 PM

i pour more resin than needed into the bottom part and then lay the top over that, which pushes out the excess, but has enough to form the top texture of the tiles. Alternatively, i could have molded the top and sides as one half and then pour the resin into that and then place on the back piece, which would push out the extra resin and make the insets in the backs.

Old January 6th, 2008, 04:40 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
Why not do a 2 part mold with break away tree parts?

A hole to poor in, a few routes for it to spread to each part, and a hole for air to escape... the way its done in this demonstration/tutorial that everyone might find usefull...
http://www.danperezstudios.com/works...ng_casting.htm

Is there a reason... or you just did not do it that way?

Can this silicon be cut up and reused in a future mold to fill in space like other silicon mold or is there a chemical in it that prevents it?
Old January 6th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Old and Boring

Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Amazing. Absolutely amazing.
Old January 6th, 2008, 04:48 PM

Fatespuppet has disabled reputation
These are excellent. I've been hesitant to repaint my existing hexes so they are double terrain(like sidewalk/asphault), but these could be a cheaper alternative. Also, it would be neat to create a mold of a hex with the indention for the destructible building. Then perhaps it could be set up with different configurations from the current one.

This is not the path I thought.
This is not the place I sought.
This is not the dream I bought,
just a fever of fate I've caught.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles