Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old June 19th, 2014, 03:09 PM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!
Siege Engines

Hello everyone. I've decided to take some old megabloks catapults I have and turn them into Heroscape customs. Mostly because they fit perfectly on a 7-hexer when there are units next to them.

Basically it is made so that a minimum of 2 figures can operate it, while 3 is probably best. I use the following Layout.

A squad of at least two moving together can take the catpult with them.
This is done by utilizing a system similar to the door, where there is a specific space to open the door. When both of the movement spaces are occupied by figures from the same squad. If both figures end their movement within 2 clear sight spaces of each other then you can place the catapult adjacent to the figures if they both end up occupying the movement spaces again. The only other requirement is that the central space is not higher than the wheels and that the wheels are all on same level spaces. Note that the figures themselves do not have to be on same level spaces, or on the same spaces as the wheels, providing more maneuverability in hilly terrain.

One figure, instead of attacking may use the catapult's attack. If a figure is occupying the Catapult's attack space, instead of attacking with that figure you may use the Catapult's Rock Hurl Special Attack. I was thinking of making it be that the entire unit would use rock hurl special attack once. So only one figure in a squad would be using an attack, that attack being Rock Hurl Special Attack. In addition to this I thought about having it be an area blast attack so it could hit multiple figures.

I need to update some wording on the card yet and also add the hitzone, which is the whole catapult. You can hit any part of it.

Last edited by betawolf36; June 21st, 2014 at 07:27 PM.
Old June 19th, 2014, 04:07 PM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Siege Engines

Hey I have those too. Hmm, maybe I should copy your idea.

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...
Old June 20th, 2014, 01:47 PM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!

Updated with the movement rules.
Old June 21st, 2014, 10:21 AM

belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby!

That is pretty cool. The only change I might make would be to reduce the movement by 2 maybe because the thing would be hard to move. If you have a move 6 squad you could do some serious damage quickly due to the long range. By reducing the move by 2 it would take just a little longer to get into range. Play testing will give you a good feel for how this will work out.
Old June 21st, 2014, 07:18 PM

I've actually tried that already. It is more thematic, but I had trouble implementing it in a rule set.
Old June 22nd, 2014, 10:10 AM

belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby!

I guess it would depend on what you were going for. If you have play tested it both ways and it works that it is all good. I went back and read the card again and it looks like you are intending this to be more of a door breaker than anything else. The attack of 4 is nice but you have to give up the squad's attack. Or did I miss interpret that? It might be cool to add an area effect attack to go after the other player's squads. A Greek fire special attack or something like that.
Old December 24th, 2018, 12:43 AM

fallout4fanboy's alt is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I have always wanted something to counter castles. Now i have thank you so much man. ( or girl you never can tell these day ��)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions