Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old January 27th, 2018, 02:25 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: HelmAverse Supers

Pure Turtle essence.
Old January 28th, 2018, 08:54 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: HelmAverse Supers - TMNT

Old January 30th, 2018, 10:48 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thumbs up for making them a unique squad versus heroic squad.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old January 30th, 2018, 11:06 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: HelmAverse Supers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
My kids (or should I say my young adults) asked me last night why I haven't been hanging on Heroscapers in a while. I guess they have no idea how time consuming it is to be an involved dad. Anyway, they weren't wrong and I wish I could be here more often. I still love the game and the community so I should be making more of an effort.

So with that said, I decided to click into my folder of designs and see if anything was ready. Low and behold, I did have a semi-playtested design that I can share. I hinted at them before and wanted to release them when they were announced as a DLC for the Injustice 2 video game. I mean, if they can fight DC characters on my TV soon, why not on my table?

So if you have these figures and want a little change from the awesome set of 4 cards produced by some great designers on this site, go ahead and give them a try a unique squad of turtle power.

------------------------------------------------------

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES

TURTLE
UNIQUE SQUAD
NINJA
SAVAGE
MEDIUM 4

LIFE: 1
MOVE: 6
RANGE: 1
ATTACK: 4
DEFENSE: 3

NINJUTSU SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 2 + Special
When a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle attacks with his Ninjutsu Special Attack, he may attack 1 additional time. If the Ninja Turtle attacks the same figure with both attacks, add X number of dice to the second attack. X equals the number of skulls rolled in the first attack.

HALF-SHELL DEFENSE
When a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle rolls defense dice, one shield will block all damage.

PHANTOM WALK
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles can move through all figures and are never attacked when leaving an engagement.
I think @A3n may still be down software speaking, If he can't get you a card for this I should have some time this weekend to get it carded for you.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 31st, 2018, 07:46 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Have you tested these yet @Matt Helm ?

I just wonder how they play & whether they actually feel like the turtles? I think there is a reason why nearly all custom designers on the site have made them separate heroes. But if you are happy with them as a squad then all good. I personally like them as heroes with their own individual personalities & fighting styles. But also more than 1 life each.

As for designing a card. I will see what I can do with the free software I have downloaded now that my computer is behaving. I found Krita to be very similar to Photoshop.
Old February 2nd, 2018, 09:45 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Have you tested these yet @Matt Helm ?

I just wonder how they play & whether they actually feel like the turtles? I think there is a reason why nearly all custom designers on the site have made them separate heroes. But if you are happy with them as a squad then all good. I personally like them as heroes with their own individual personalities & fighting styles. But also more than 1 life each.

As for designing a card. I will see what I can do with the free software I have downloaded now that my computer is behaving. I found Krita to be very similar to Photoshop.
The squad is certainly a different take, but that's Matt Helm for ya.

Matt I challenge you to make an X-Men unique squad!

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old February 3rd, 2018, 04:05 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Dude, these are so @Matt Helm ! I am continually impressed with how you think outside of the box to transfer Supers to (y)our game table(s)! I first read Unique Squad and thought, "Ugh! How could it possibly do them justice? One life each? WTH?!?" But then as I read the powers, one at a time, and looked at the stats, you slowly won me over. The amazing synergy of your power combination certainly makes them feel turtle-y while making a single life figure not seem too weak for Turtles. Can they whiff on defense? Sure. But they can also go on a huge hot streak! The Ninjutsu power allows them to get really cool progressively more powerful double attacks, and Classic Phantom Walk lets them behave like ninjas! All around great card and possibly my favorite MattHelm design to date (gonna have to go back and check out those older Hellboy designs you collaborated on with Garada, I recall REALLY liking those too.)
Great work, but I expect no less when MattHelm graces us with another design!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez

Last edited by Spidey'tilIDie; February 5th, 2018 at 10:35 PM.
Old February 5th, 2018, 10:28 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

@japes , thanks for the generous offer. I'm in no rush so I'm good with working with A3n's schedule. Of course a squad is never easy as it takes more work so if he thinks he cannot handle it, I'll come look you up. And I should probably try and take photos of the figs because the pics online weren't that great.

@A3n , I have tested them a bit and they feel turtles to me. Though I have to admit (as I dodge throwing stars and flung pizza cheese) I was never really a TMNT fan. I enjoyed the old arcade game beaten up back in the day but was never really into the colorful cartoony turtle world. In fact, I had no plans to put then in the HelmAverse but the awesome red masked minis were just way too cool and reminded me of my HS days when the turtles were in glorious black and white.

If you read the first issue, they all act the same as "savage" ninjas with nothing distinguishing them other than their choice of weapons. They did not have the personalities that they developed later but instead were just Splinter's killing machines. I know I'm usually the "lunchbox" version guy, but the original turtles are the only ones that I could take seriously in a battle with the other serious figures in their colorful spandex.

So without personalities and all of them carrying double attack weapons (the bow staff counts), I totally see them as warranting a unique squad with a single power set. Throw in my experience with how difficult it is to put any wounds on the HelmAverse Dr. Strange and it became a no brainer to build in the Defense power that gives a 1 life figure a very good probability of surviving any attack. They really turned out to be a dangerous "savage" squad.

@Spidey'tilIDie , you totally get what I did here. Thanks for the complementary words. I'm really glad that you liked the unique squad the way that they turned out. There are several great iterations of the rainbow wearing turtles for folks who want to play with the individuals. Hopefully I've succeeded in giving the community another option that is quite rare in the superhero custom world.

@Confred , an X-Men unique squad... is that a challenge? Wait what, you can't do 6 minute abs! No, no, seven minute abs is the way to go, nobody can do 6 minute abs. I'm sure I didn't get that quote from Something About Mary correct but I thought about it because there definitely is a fine line between what can be done and what shouldn't be done. You did succeed in making me laugh... maybe now I have to finish off the Cyclops, Jean Gray and Storm designs that are scattered between word docs and handwritten napkins.

Thank you all for your interest.
Old February 16th, 2018, 07:45 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I created a tinypic account & uploaded all the heroscape pictures to it. So I updated all the links in the OP & relevant ones in the SP to the new locations.

That was fun.
Old February 18th, 2018, 05:04 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
I created a tinypic account & uploaded all the heroscape pictures to it. So I updated all the links in the OP & relevant ones in the SP to the new locations.

That was fun.
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!

You didn't just do that?!?!?!?! You are they most generous and insane guy I know. That must have been a nightmare.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I cannot believe that you spent the time to do that.

Thanks, buddy... you da man.
Old February 18th, 2018, 06:45 PM

I have rep'ed 2 people this week that when doing so it has been enough to take them to the next pip. It's pretty cool to see that pip appear on the screen.

Go forth Matt, you penguin with a machine gun.
Old March 10th, 2018, 01:05 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Screenwriter Tom Shepherd is reporting for duty.

Shepherd will pen a script for a Matt Helm movie for Paramount, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. The film has Bradley Cooper attached to star as the character first introduced in late author Donald Hamilton's series of spy novels, which he published from 1960-93 over 27 volumes.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations