Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old September 12th, 2007, 10:24 AM

RichardD has disabled reputation
No bus from Erdington AFAIK. You could jump on a number 11, and hope that it goes round the circle route so fast that it accidentally shoots off in the direction of Coventry, with sufficient "escape velocity" to take you all the way to Northants, but frankly I don't think that is very likely.

Now, the good news. I have been lead to understand that Esdevium, the distributors of Magic the Gathering and lots of other hobby games in the UK, are planning on getting the expansions into UK games' shops. Obviously I'll still order from HMG, but it's good to know that we might see much more HS available in the UK in the not too distant future. Presumably they'll also carry stuff like SOTM.

Now, local games shops aren't known for having the cheapest prices in town, but they were selling wave 1 at 9.99 when Esdevium got hold of a load. Which is reasonable. More importantly, perhaps, is that although it won't be as easy to get as popping down to your local Argos, perservsely the game might actualy become better known, as it'll be in the sort of shop where people might buy something involving dragons, robots, samurai and dinosaurs.

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

A - "I have NEVER taken 10 minutes!"

Old September 13th, 2007, 02:10 PM

Maccamac has disabled reputation
Been Looking around for sotm to see if i can get it for xmas.apparently it is available at Giochinsctola for 59.95eur.anyone had any dealings with them?
Old September 13th, 2007, 04:19 PM

Never heard of 'em.

Before you place an order with a company abroad (other than the wonderful HMG, of course), check with info@esdeviumgames.com. They tell me that they will have more exansions in the UK in October; why not ask them if the also intend to carry SOTM? I suspect that the answer will be "yes". Which means you'll be able to buy it at your local hobby games shop for 35-40-ish, instead of sending Euros to a Euro.

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

Old September 14th, 2007, 08:22 AM

skullsgood has disabled reputation
Richard, you're quite correct, the tourney is at Boughton House.

I would suggest that the majority of your journey will be via the M6 and A14, then it might get a little funky.

I'm making my mobile number available to the very small number of players who do not know the venue well.
Old September 14th, 2007, 02:59 PM

Location: Seeking a local agency for the missing bodies of Jamaica's Royal Family...
Ricky007 has disabled reputation
I won't be going, since I'm going to the third wedding this year
I probably wouldn't be able to go anyways, being a long journey and all. I hope the lot of you going have a safe drive, and good luck to you all. Tell me who comes out top

This is what I do for a living:
Old September 14th, 2007, 03:01 PM

callaza has disabled reputation
hi im new im from chertsey, surrey

i usually buy heroscape from amazon
Old September 14th, 2007, 05:39 PM

Jandars_Hope is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by callaza
hi im new im from chertsey, surrey

i usually buy heroscape from amazon
Hey Callaza! Great to see another new face.
Amazon's heroscape boosters are in fact sold from gameslore and other such sites. I guess it helps them because amazon is more well known than their own site. If you are wanting to buy alot then Housemousegames.com is your best bet, it's a State-side site but it's great when coming to International buyers such as ourselves, plus it's one of the only places where us UKscapers can get all the up to date expansions. If you are looking for Wave 1, Road/Tree expansion, and 1st Large Heroes sets then Uk sites such as iguk.co.uk, shiregames.co.uk, essentialboardgames.co.uk are your best bet. (IGUK have free shipping on orders over 50). If you are looking for more Master Sets then argos.co.uk have them at 7.99!
Good Luck!
Old September 14th, 2007, 06:04 PM

Bad news RD! Sandra said she won't be shipping the International parcels with Sotm until Monday unless you have wave 3 then you have to wait until she gets more stock because Wave 3 has sold out...again. But Sandra said she should be getting more in next week. I hope so because there was me thinking mine was already on its way!
Old September 14th, 2007, 06:12 PM

skullsgood has disabled reputation
3 certainly is proving very popular.

Jandar, as far as I am aware, there is no carriage charge for anything IGUK sells, but I'm off to check their site as soon as I've finished typing this.
Old September 14th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Welcome to the boards, callaza!

On behalf of our rarely surreyus and "aza. where are you!" yelling community I extend to you a laurel and a hearty handshake.

As a new member, you can begin your journey on the path to the fellowship, praise and respect of your Heroscapers peers by checking out this announcement: http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=6970

~Aldin, running lean on info

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old September 14th, 2007, 06:24 PM

RD, I just found a seller on ebay who is selling the CD sleeves I was looking for - I bought 1000 for 19.68 so they better be the right ones!
Old September 14th, 2007, 08:02 PM

That's an awful lot of sleeves.

Hello, Surrey-person! You know, I thought I was going to get a Laurel and Hardy handshake in before Aldin popped up - alas, not to be, our resident greeter is on the job tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandars_Hope
Bad news RD! Sandra said she won't be shipping the International parcels with Sotm until Monday unless you have wave 3 then you have to wait until she gets more stock because Wave 3 has sold out...again.
I'm going to be somewhat disappointed if my wave 3 bits hadn't been put to one side, given that the order was placed over three months ago.

Esdevium have told me that they're going to be bringing in more than just Wave 1, so it should make it easier for new fans to get more than just the basic Master Set (not to knock it, of course; in the tournament tomorrow, I bet almost every army will include at least one unit from that set; I'm using two of them).

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers