Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

View Poll Results: Xbox One or PS4
Xbox One 6 42.86%
PS4 8 57.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 29th, 2013, 10:03 PM
2-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!
Xbox One vs PS4

Are you getting one or the other?

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old October 29th, 2013, 10:28 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Xbox One vs PS4

I'm gonna hold off on getting one. Still too much stuff I haven't played on the PS3 for me to justify buying another system.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old October 29th, 2013, 11:06 PM

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Ps4 for KINGDOM HEARTS 3!! Sorry, that just deserved an exclamation from all my excitement.

"I am definitely a mad man with a box."

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
Old October 30th, 2013, 12:01 AM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun

My parents want me to keep my PS3 a little longer before getting a different gaming system. But I'm aiming for the PS4.

W
Old November 20th, 2013, 10:37 PM

Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker

Xbox One all the way.

Titanfall and Halo 5.

Then Minecraft, Battlefield 4, SW Battlefront 3, and Destiny. So many good games for next-gen.
Old November 21st, 2013, 12:55 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

PS4. The winner in our house so far is three player Trine 2. Way fun and way cheap.

~Aldin, also enjoying Contrast a lot

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old November 25th, 2013, 10:13 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

OK folks I need advice. I know nothing about XBOX or PlayStation, my house has always been a Nintendo home (still is). But with my son now fully ingrained in the hobby he's now inevitably asked for another system so he can play the games that don't get ported to the WiiU.

He's asked for XBOX pretty much so he can play Minecraft (me, I think I'll be grabbing GTA V). Anyway, assuming I could even get my hands on XBoxOne (Ha!) is it worth it for me when I can get a 360 bundle for less than half an XB1?

NOTE: We are not crazy insane Video Gamers. Meaning, we rarely get titles when they first hit the shelves, and our video game play time per week (at least on consoles) is probably less than 8 hours.

Can anyone give me a quick run down of the XB1 advances over the 360 (I know there's more to in than just playing games)?

Also are the games that are going to be coming out for XB1 going to be playable on the 360?

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14
Old November 25th, 2013, 10:47 AM

Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Whether or not you would go with an Xbox 360 or XB1 depends on how long you plan to go before getting a new console. Microsoft plans on supporting the 360 for at least another couple years, but they will stop developing for it in the foreseeable future.

In terms of XB1 advances over the 360, game wise it isn't much more than improved graphics and improved Kinect functionality. The game selection isn't as great right now on XB1, but it will have a solid selection within the next few years. The 360 currently has a plethora of great games that are easy to find and affordable.

No game disk that is released specifically for the XB1 will run on the 360, and no 360 game disk will run on the XB1. For the next year or two, a good number of games released for the XB1 will also be released for the 360, but not every game will.
Minecraft will be downloadable on both consoles, but GTA V is only available on the 360 right now.

Overall, I think the Xbox 360 gives you the better bang for your buck today, and has a selection of games that you or your son won't get bored with quickly. I think based on your situation, the 360 will be fine for now.

I encompass, and I eclipse.
Helm's Deep
My Maps
Embracing the Fun
Old November 25th, 2013, 10:53 AM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Is the 360/XB1 a DVD (BlueRay?) player as well, or is that a PS thing?

Old November 25th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane wears ripped pants of awesomeness orgsbane wears ripped pants of awesomeness orgsbane wears ripped pants of awesomeness orgsbane wears ripped pants of awesomeness orgsbane wears ripped pants of awesomeness orgsbane wears ripped pants of awesomeness orgsbane wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Ill be buying an Xbox One, (despite the stupid name) once they become affordable (AKA $200-250). I really want to continue Halo, and get the Battlefront 3. Those are pretty much the reasons that I will buy the Xbox One. I'm sure I'll find other games for it though. Ryse looks pretty good.
Old November 25th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Is the 360/XB1 a DVD (BlueRay?) player as well, or is that a PS thing?
360 was DVD, but not Blu-ray. Xbone has both.

If I were you, I would take advantage of one of the 360 bundle deals that will be hitting this weekend. The 360 is a fully mature technology with a huge library of great and inexpensive games. It supports HDMI and various streaming services like Netflix and Hulu. Your two primary disadvantages are the lack of blu-ray support and the knowledge that in two or three years you'll be unable to get new games. As a guess though, you can get the 360 today for what amounts to $100 and an Xbone in a couple of years for $100 less than what you would pay today, so it's kinda a wash that way.

~Aldin, who still loves his 360

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old November 25th, 2013, 01:04 PM

Thanks Aldin. No Blu-ray player in our house anyway, so sounds like it can handle the DVDs we have, and Amazon has a pretty good bundle going for the 360 at $250 (includes head set, tomb raider, halo 4, and a month of XBlive).

EDIT: This particular bundle is for the 360 E. Any idea what the 'E' means?

Last edited by nyys; November 25th, 2013 at 01:22 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games