Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old September 29th, 2015, 05:41 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

@Tornado I did MegaMek, but not Titans of Steel. I had a game for a while that was a RPG with mechs which I enjoyed quite a bit, but I can't remember the name. Reminded me a bit of the way the Grey Death Legion started.

I went $50 into it. I did swag when I was younger, no where to put it now. I think I still have my old No Guts No Galaxy pin somewhere...

~Aldin, who sees it's nearing $500k - the last tier 1 unlock and halfway to the tier 2 single-player campaign

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old October 1st, 2015, 08:14 AM

chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun

Guys,

What's your reading on how often exclusives are later made available retail? I know add-ons/expansions are made for this. I'm planning to get Blood Rage and its expansions retail, but wouldn't mind getting the four 'extra' monsters too, as opposed to the other 'bling/chrome' which just promotes some counters to 3D minis. (The 'exclusive' monsters already come in their own separate packaging with their own cards, which seems odd if they are truly meant to be permanently exclusive).

Since I expect this game to be pretty popular, I'd guess they ran off enough to send them out later, or will...
Old October 1st, 2015, 10:05 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

You'd probably have to research it based on the company, as different ones have different practices. Perhaps check out some other Cool Mini or Not game threads on BGG and inquire about exclusive availability post KS for those games. Hopefully that can give you a better idea for Blood Rage.

I know that some companies won't offer exclusives again, while others will, but only at conventions.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old October 1st, 2015, 10:32 AM

chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun

A poster on bgg said CMON never releases Exclusives, some of which--from Zombicide--are now going for ridiculous prices on ebay. Too bad. I like to play with toys, not worship them!
Old October 3rd, 2015, 02:42 PM
One time at band camp...

Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death!

Anybody else checking out 7th Continent?

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/.../7th-continent

I seriously want it, but $100 is a steep price right now. It looks really cool.
Old October 13th, 2015, 06:06 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I think I'm going to put in for Scythe. It looks good as-is, though I imagine there are some juicy rewards yet to unlock.

Here is the language describing the stretch goal mechanism for this campaign:
Quote:
Our mission is to create a Kickstarter campaign that is fun and engaging to current and potential backers throughout the entire project. Usually our stretch goals are carefully calibrated based on the incremental per-unit savings based on larger print runs, but those calculations went out the window for Scythe because of how much the game costs to make (even if we make tens of thousands of copies). So we thought we'd let backers have fun with the stretch goals instead by releasing one new stretch goal each day for every day of the campaign. We've already created, playtested, and budgeted for these stretch goals, and the funding amounts for each of them will be determined each morning when they are announced. That way your pledge has an impact on one specific stretch goal and every subsequent goal.

Last updated: Tue, Oct 13 2015 1:27 PM EDT
Am I missing something, or is that a disincentive to pledge early? If one of you understands this better than I do (which seems likely), please explain.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =
Old October 13th, 2015, 07:23 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I think I'm going to put in for Scythe. It looks good as-is, though I imagine there are some juicy rewards yet to unlock.

Here is the language describing the stretch goal mechanism for this campaign:
Quote:
Our mission is to create a Kickstarter campaign that is fun and engaging to current and potential backers throughout the entire project. Usually our stretch goals are carefully calibrated based on the incremental per-unit savings based on larger print runs, but those calculations went out the window for Scythe because of how much the game costs to make (even if we make tens of thousands of copies). So we thought we'd let backers have fun with the stretch goals instead by releasing one new stretch goal each day for every day of the campaign. We've already created, playtested, and budgeted for these stretch goals, and the funding amounts for each of them will be determined each morning when they are announced. That way your pledge has an impact on one specific stretch goal and every subsequent goal.

Last updated: Tue, Oct 13 2015 1:27 PM EDT
Am I missing something, or is that a disincentive to pledge early? If one of you understands this better than I do (which seems likely), please explain.

I'm not sure what that really means. I don't think they will have a problem getting stretch goals as it's already at about $500,000 after only 8 hours since starting, with 23 more days to go. I just think he's going to have fun by revealing the stretch goals each day to make it fun for the backers to see what's next. At this point, I don't know how much affect early backers will have, as it's gone crazy.

I am backing it for sure at the Collector's level of $99. I don't usually get blinged out games (though I have bought expensive games), but the metal coins are something that is really cool, and I love the resin resource pieces and the larger board option, since I don't have a problem with table size.

The game has already had over 1,000 playtests with blind playtesters. And a solo mode has been completed and has had like 250 playtests.

The art is freaking amazing from Jakob Rozalski.

You can battle if you want, but you don't have to. You don't roll dice for battle, as it's more deterministic with power and battle cards (kind of like Kemet). There are 5 asymetrical factions, each with their own player mat, as well as another mat players will use that will be randomized, so there can be lots of variety.

The minis look pretty amazing too.

Old October 13th, 2015, 07:38 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Looks really cool but the rules talk about how little combat there is in the game.

Not for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old October 13th, 2015, 07:59 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Well, I'm in. I think I'll sit tight at the $60 level, though.

Edit: Day 2, the SG pattern for Scythe is revealed. Turns out each goal is set based on the funding total of the day before, which means that no matter how well this campaign does early, the SG's will be limited when the momentum slows. I do not like this setup at all and it's particularly punishing to the Day 1 backers, whose contributions made no difference to the SGs that will follow.

I'm still excited about the game and I didn't pledge to get the SGs, but I don't worship at the Church of Stegmaier, and I'll call a foul when I see one. /2cents

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; October 14th, 2015 at 11:37 AM.
Old October 17th, 2015, 12:07 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:

Edit: Day 2, the SG pattern for Scythe is revealed. Turns out each goal is set based on the funding total of the day before, which means that no matter how well this campaign does early, the SG's will be limited when the momentum slows. I do not like this setup at all and it's particularly punishing to the Day 1 backers, whose contributions made no difference to the SGs that will follow.

I'm still excited about the game and I didn't pledge to get the SGs, but I don't worship at the Church of Stegmaier, and I'll call a foul when I see one. /2cents
Well, at least he changed it to something a little more conventional.

~~flameslayer, going for a new book on his shelf and a new game in his van

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; October 17th, 2015 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Whether the stretch goal idea is good or not isn't that big of a deal when the game is tricked out like crazy
Old October 17th, 2015, 12:16 AM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun

Anybody else backed Folklore: The Affliction?

If you haven't, give it a look. From what I can see, it combines really creepy dark fantasy flavor with nice story mechanics and cool combat (and the miniatures are to die for).
Old October 17th, 2015, 12:25 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:

From what I understood, the stretch goals were going to be unlocked anyway, and he was just going to do 1 a day for a fun thing.

I guess he could have just unlocked them all after the first day so the first day backers didn't feel cheated.

Of course, then people would be upset that all the stretch goals were already unlocked.

When it comes to kickstarters, there are always people getting upset no matter what.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games