Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Notices

Old December 29th, 2011, 01:49 PM

GnKoichi Woo who?
Legoscape: Interest Thread & General Feedback

This is my first foray into the customs board. I apologize if this idea is already a thing.

I was thinking today that using Lego Minifigures as custom material would be fun and easily accessible to other players. It's got a huge (and constantly growing) library of figures from different genres and licenses. The scale is close to correct. What do you think?

I'm interested in pursuing this, and I can go solo if no one else is interested in contributing. However, if anyone else is interested in helping, let me know here.

Also, let me know if you foresee a problem with using Lego that I'm not catching.

Thanks all!

Good trades with: rudyvalentine, TheSparkleInYourWater (and more coming soon, I hope!!!)
Old January 4th, 2012, 11:25 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: Legoscape: Interest Thread & General Feedback

Interesting idea, I personally love Legos. However, I think they make better proxys than actual figures. I can't really think of any memorable original Lego characters, except for Bionicle (sadly no minifigs there- that would be awesome).

With all that said, I'd still jump on this project if you can come up with some figure ideas. I've got tons of Legos to use
Old January 5th, 2012, 12:27 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I could see Lego minifigs as custom figures. It would give pretty much everyone for a Harry Potter set of customs (among others). They wouldn't look as good as "proper" minis, but they would work OK. But I might be more interested in Brikwars than playing Heroscape with minifigs.
Old January 15th, 2012, 11:00 AM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I would be interested in helping with this if you got it off the ground, but having them not recommended to mix with classic would probably be a good idea.
Old January 16th, 2012, 06:54 PM

Madd_Mugsy has disabled reputation

I've been toying with the idea of combining Heroscape and Lego for a while myself...

While certainly doable, Lego minifigs look pretty out of place on HS Terrain and facing HS size minis. IMHO a better alternative is to apply the HS rules and principles to a Lego-only system. This could be a great alternative to Brikwars, which I feel is overly complicated for what you get out it.

It wouldn't be hard to translate movement from hexes to studs and height to brick height. And the other stats are basically independent from the physical medium.

Heck, we could probably reuse a lot of the Star Wars and super hero customs people have already created. (And LoTR ones later this year)

Of course, since nearly everything in Lego is customizable, we could have building instructions for units, objects, buildings and vehicles, in addition to the standard map building instructions.
Old January 21st, 2012, 07:24 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

GnKoichi, any chance of starting this up?
Old January 22nd, 2012, 07:54 PM

GnKoichi Woo who?

I'm going to start this project in earnest this week. I'm seriously considering the comparisons made to Brikwars. I may end up shelving the idea if I don't think it's different enough (silly to have two competing uses of legos as minis, and I don't need to post rules just for people to use legos as proxies for existing heroscape customs). I may post a few test units before next weekend, depending on how things go. Thanks for the early feedback on the idea, everyone!

Good trades with: rudyvalentine, TheSparkleInYourWater (and more coming soon, I hope!!!)
Old January 22nd, 2012, 08:40 PM
Christmas Custom Contest Champion

sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby!

also, Legos are a lot less restricting. You would be able to build stairs, and many complex things that Heroscape just can't.

2 time winner of the Gencon Team Tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Special Attacks are severely modified by death.
Trade Thread Selling most of my collection!
Old January 23rd, 2012, 09:24 PM
Archie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthflagbearer View Post
also, Legos are a lot less restricting. You would be able to build stairs, and many complex things that Heroscape just can't.
Very true. I'll see what type of Lego terrain I can come up with and post some pics.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 09:28 PM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Depending on availability, Megablocks sets could also be used for this. I believe that they are kinda cross compatible, emphasis on kinda.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 10:00 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

I'm interested in helping. I looked at the Brikwars stuff, and I love the concept, but I still think Heroscape mechanics are much better for gameplay. My kids have lots of legos and lego/megablok figures that they rarely use--this will give them some nice incentive to get back to building again.

I think keeping it simple is important. Since I saw the above post about Brikwars and went to the website, I've been thinking about how to make building things and destroying things simple and straightforward. I'm sure as a group we could come up with some pretty good ideas. So count me in.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 10:37 PM
Archie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fi Skirata View Post
Depending on availability, Megablocks sets could also be used for this. I believe that they are kinda cross compatible, emphasis on kinda.
Mega Bloks fit right in with standard heroscape stuff (well, some of it anyway).

From my terrain thread.

Spoiler Alert!

EDIT- reread your post, you meant MB's were compatible with Legos. Whoops. The stud & hole sizes are the same & will click together.

Glad you are interested White knight! I like what your group was doing over at Proj Pokemon.

Last edited by Arch-vile; January 23rd, 2012 at 10:41 PM. Reason: whoops

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum