Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project
C3G Project A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old January 14th, 2015, 12:36 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Public Design Post

I would really consider dropping Life and/or Defense by 1.
Magical Defense is already an awesome defensive power plus he has ID 15.
Have you tried running him one on one vs. figures in the 250-270 range?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 14th, 2015, 01:09 PM
The Opposite of Pants

Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun

I have not, simply because without ID, I doubt he'd live up to those points. But I will certainly do that this weekend. Ive been doing everything I can to prepare the design for when it gets going, so it reaches minimal stalling points. I've done 6 full games. 4 with his current stats. 2 with his Life down 1, and his Defense up 1. And 1 of the 6 was all Magical Defense, to see how he'd hold up. Most games I found it clear that he doesn't have a real incentive to make a figure want to target him before taking out others. That's what brought up said concern and discussion here. I'd be open to lowering his life and/or defense 1, before I'd want to even consider dropping his attack any more.
Old January 14th, 2015, 01:42 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Sock has an interesting point here. Magical Defense paired with high life can make Enchantress a difficult figure to kill, and you want her dead because of what she can do to you when she is on offense. On the other hand, Scarlet Witch making you reroll skulls when paired with Magical Defense is also very difficult to kill, but her single attack of 4 means you can choose to ignore her until end game. For this design, if you ignore him until their are fewer figures on the board, his defensive power becomes less effective. Especially if you save him for a final one-on-one show down, then he has no figures to switch places with and ID15 is completely negated as a result. The design would benefit from a stronger offensive presence, thus making you want to eliminate him sooner rather than later, and making ID15 a much more effective a power.
Old January 14th, 2015, 01:47 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I think that may be the problem. He is so tough that even if you manage to not get hit by ID15, you have to hit him six times to kill him(for most figures).
If you drop his Life/Points, you can drop his cost and run him with a mix of other figures that are best killed last. I think this is where he can shine.
Trying to shift gears on the design just before the LD can be dicey. I would only go that route if you think the design is failing.
I do not know the character enough to know if he is fitting the theme.

Good point about ID15 and one on one matches. I have really been off my game lately, so take this all with a grain of salt.
Maybe try some two on two.

EDIT: or try what YK said.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 14th, 2015, 02:02 PM
The Opposite of Pants

Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun

That's precisely the issue YK. He did well in most of his play tests, but many were attributed to poor defense rolls on the other side. I found that every combo I paired him with, it was only natural to target everyone else before him. Even when knowing I was supposed to be attacking him for the play test, I just didn't feel the other team was threatened by him. Not when there was always a stronger offensive presence, or in other cases, support units buffing him. Naturally you want to kill off the support before trying to kill the one they are buffing. That was the case with him. At an attack of 4, with magical defense, and a power that can end up hurting the attacker or other teammates, it felt natural to just want to leave him alone and go after the bigger hitters who are actively killing your team, or the support units making Malekith a heavier hitter. Which means ID won't really have a chance to come into effect. Especially when it gets down to 1 on 1 if you save him last.

That's what caused the concern. He caused several wounds in his play tests, but many were due to botched defense rolls.

That's why I'm very much not wanting his attack lowered any more on top of it.

TB suggested he be used purely to make the opponent have to eat leaving engagements or risk attacking him, keeping them locked down against rangers, but I'm hoping that's not his only presence or strategy offered.
Old January 14th, 2015, 02:10 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Based on previous experience, the design that gets voted on and the design that ends up getting an initial play test are very rarely the same design. Once his thread gets started up the design will under go some changes so I don't see the harm in discussion changes now, especially when they are based on actual testing results. It is just unfortunate that the design still does not have it's own thread in which to keep the ongoing discussion in as much of this will have to be restated again later once it does.
Old January 14th, 2015, 02:19 PM
C3G Landlord

If you want to give him more offense, then I do think you will have to sacrifice some of his longevity. 6 life magical defense with a 50% or 25% chance to not even hit him is a lot of staying power. Are there any thematically appropriate Special Attacks he might have? Maybe instead of extra offense he should have a support type of power that makes his allies better, making you want to eliminate him sooner rather then later. Could he extend (limited by an aura) the ID15 power out to his allies? If every time you attack one of your opponents you risk attacking one of your own figures, then you would go right to the source of that power and try to eliminate it.
Old January 14th, 2015, 02:46 PM
The Opposite of Pants

It would be thematic.

He has disguised other characters in the comics to fool a foe into attacking them etc. I mean, anything illusion based he can do. It was something I have thought about. It would definitely make him a target.

Perhaps the same effects apply on figures within a certain number of spaces.

As for other offense based things, he has the ability to create blasts of energy. He can turn into a mist. He has the Wild Hunt to track down people(rabid hell dogs), and he uses the Casket of Ancient Winters to freeze people and use an ice demon Pentiigar.

He's also a dark elf, so something sneaky and crafty could come into play.

I don't think raising his attack or anything brute force would fit, but a special of some kind that makes him have an annoying offense presence is definitely what would help tie his whole design together. I still want the teleport, so either we come up with a different power for his 3rd, and merge his teleport to work only on defense, tying it into ID. Or we keep the teleport as a separate ability and extend his ID to work with allies as well. To a certain degree.
Old January 14th, 2015, 02:54 PM
C3G Landlord

I think I would try to extend out ID15 to also work for allies within 6/8 clear sight spaces and see how that plays via testing. Perhaps drop his life and/or defense down by 1 as a trade off.
Old January 14th, 2015, 06:05 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

My thoughts with Malekith are always less Life and more trickery. He's not a fighter, he just never gets hit. So I'd advise anything that moves in that direction.
Old January 14th, 2015, 06:11 PM

That could be a real nasty addition to pod play. I guess you would just have to get the d20 roll right. Depending on that final number you may want to adjust Life/Defense.
Right now I think both could come down by one and he would still be really tough in most battles.
So it sounds like you are attacking him last Aggressive Sock, which I agree is the best strategy. How does he fare on his own?

- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 14th, 2015, 07:49 PM
The Opposite of Pants

On his own he doesn't do so hot. He took a wound almost every time he got attacked, and barely got a hit in on highe point figures, unless twy completely botched their rolls. I have all the reports if you guys wanna analyze them.

Pod play is my concern, that's why it might be better to just give him something small but annoying to let sit, on offense, thus demanding your attention.

Game 2:
Spoiler Alert!

Game 3:
Spoiler Alert!

Game 4:
Spoiler Alert!

Malekith with 5 Life and 6 Defense:
Game 5:
Spoiler Alert!

Game 6:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Arkham; January 14th, 2015 at 09:29 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project