Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project
C3G Project A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old March 24th, 2016, 07:16 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The C3G Cave - Hangout

Anybody here live near Kansas City? My daughter and I will be out there in June.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old March 24th, 2016, 08:05 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Then why aren't you working in Hollywood?
I've never really bought into that defense for writers. In part because I have no faith that big-time success correlates with ability, and in part because there are plenty of good critics who are not good story-tellers. Being able to analyze a story well doesn't always go hand in hand with being able to write one well.

Haven't really seen much of Goyer's stuff, so I don't have any thoughts on him as a writer.
Totally agree with the bolded bit. But when the basis of your hating on a guy's entire career is that you could do it so much better, you've gone beyond criticism, and it becomes a legitimate question, IMO.

That said, I think even johnny would likely admit that his 50% of random guys off the street could do better assessment is pure hyperbole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I don't feel the need to be particularly positive when talking about a famous and successful screenwriter who has no intention of ever reading a word I say. If the guy asked me personally to critique his script, I'd be a lot more diplomatic, but I rather doubt that David Goyer is going to show up on Heroscapers and shed a single tear over my negativity. Better men have said far worse, I'm sure.

If something's bad, call it bad, and explain why it's bad. If something's good, call it go, and explain why. If that's something you're doing on a personal basis, try to frame your criticism well, but I have no problem calling a duck a duck if we're having third-person discussion.
I'm not worried about Goyer's feelings. My bigger point (especially now that hating on things has become such a cultural art form) is that over the top (see hyperbole comment above) hating on things is too easy, it's too much of a knee jerk reaction in our society, it can be a bit intellectually lazy, it does nothing to build up society, and it's just plain not a life giving pursuit.

If something's not your cup of tea and you have interesting reasons why, cool, share away. I just don't see what's gained by talking head style "hot takes" that this project that folks poured hours and millions of dollars into was "garbage" or that one, or so on. I think it takes a lot more intellect and a better spirit to find the good in things than to toss them aside with cavalier snoot.

And I'm not saying this just about johnny's take here individually. I'm saying its a trend in society in general that I'm not a fan of. Our politics are attack-first tribalism, people who have one bad day in social media quickly become public pariahs who are verbally executed a million times over, and we take this type of approach to responding to entertainment.

Anyway, you're all more than entitled to your views, of course. I just wish the world were a more positive place in general. But I guess the upside is I'm likely going to get a lot more enjoyment out of something that others will only enjoy attacking.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 24th, 2016, 08:21 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Well, I'm heading to the theater to get in line for BvS: DoJ. It starts in a couple hours. I'm expecting the most controversial work of staged storytelling since Aristophanes ôLysistrata."
Old March 24th, 2016, 08:50 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Okay, have to get used to Arrow again after Daredevil.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old March 24th, 2016, 09:03 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Oh, yeah, definitely hyperbole. I can understand your sentiment, and agree that knee-jerk snarky dismissal is way too common on the internet, even if I personally enjoy wallowing in negativity - if things are awful, I can at least enjoy myself by making fun of them.

But in cases like Goyer's scripts - having personally seen seven of the movies he's written, with all but one being written poorly enough to actually take me out of the experience and say to myself, "wow, this writing is awful" - I really don't see a reason for measured discourse. The guy is fundamentally bad on a literary basis - his plots are messy, his characters are paper thin, his jokes aren't funny, his drama isn't engaging. I've seen a lot of potentially good movies collapse because he's failed at his job of providing an adequate foundation to build on.

If we want to talk about Snyder, who I will argue is a bad director but would definitely be willing to hear arguments why his stylistic choices have merit. But I honestly do not think Goyer's scripts have any merit to discuss. He's not spotty. He's not controversial. He's just bad.
Old March 25th, 2016, 01:01 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death!

Just for fun... 1 unit, four different characters

Abigail Brand, Scarlett, Black Widow, Sharon Carter
The first 3 are repaints of the Shield Elite Agent, Sharon is an official variant.
Old March 25th, 2016, 02:38 AM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Damn, those are really good!

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old March 25th, 2016, 04:18 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Like the look of that Scarlet. Looks easier to do then some of the ideas I have had for her so I might have to follow your lead.
Old March 25th, 2016, 06:31 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
Damn, those are really good!
Thanks!
Nothing compared to some repaints I've seen done around here, but I am pleased with how they turned out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Like the look of that Scarlet. Looks easier to do then some of the ideas I have had for her so I might have to follow your lead.
I was actually surprised how well it worked once I got started.
Old March 25th, 2016, 11:07 AM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Very cool!

Though it probably helps that outside of old school Amanda Waller, women in comics have approximately one body type.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 25th, 2016, 11:15 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Very cool!

Though it probably helps that outside of old school Amanda Waller, women in comics have approximately one body type.
Too true.
Old March 25th, 2016, 11:19 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

My first thought was "wow, Heroclix is getting REALLY uncreative with its sculpts," so props on the professional-looking job.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project