Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old May 2nd, 2014, 11:23 AM
Um... Why am I a moderator?

Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

I am absolutely positive this has been asked before, but can't remember the answer. What do the titles to the waves mean? Did they have any impact on the heroscape story line? (i.e, who is Orm, and where did he return from)
Old May 2nd, 2014, 03:18 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evar-Scarcarver View Post
I am absolutely positive this has been asked before, but can't remember the answer. What do the titles to the waves mean? Did they have any impact on the heroscape story line? (i.e, who is Orm, and where did he return from)
Some of the waves have place names from Valhalla (e.g., Trollsford). But to my knowledge there has never been an explanation for names that don't appear among the units.

Old May 2nd, 2014, 04:54 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Not many people know this, but Orm's Return is actually an anagram for "Rum Snorter". That's why Dund's eyes are so glassy.
Old May 3rd, 2014, 01:11 AM

Delusional Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
Not many people know this, but Orm's Return is actually an anagram for "Rum Snorter". That's why Dund's eyes are so glassy.
It all makes sense now.

"It is no story that kills my people and destroys their villages, it is no story that has eluded my army at every turn, it is no story that has made us prisoners within the walls of our own city!"
Old May 5th, 2014, 08:31 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death!

Check either the Map Of Valhalla for a lot of waves that are based on locations or battlegrounds, or search the Heroscape Compendium.
Old May 6th, 2014, 09:08 PM

Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness

What height does a figure gain per ladder rung it stands on? I couldn't find this in the rule book.

More specifically, if a unit stands on the third ladder rung from the ground, will it be engaged with a 5 height figure on the space adjacent to the landing space?

Ladder rungs are quite finnicky.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.

Last edited by Sir Dendrik; May 6th, 2014 at 09:09 PM. Reason: shouldn't say landing spaces because those have special rules
Old May 6th, 2014, 09:15 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Compare it to the tiles (or wall) adjacent to the figure. If the figure's base meets or exceeds a level line, it is on that level.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 7th, 2014, 10:10 PM

Delusional Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evar-Scarcarver View Post
There's hardly a story aspect to Heroscape beyond the basic concept of the conflict in which players take part in (kyrie dude finds wellspring, everyone finds out, war of the ages starts, things come to Valhalla from dozens of other planets and dimensions, etc.). Hell, I still don't understand why I can have an army of units that follow different generals. Wouldn't it make sense to be forced into having unified armies for the sake of the lore (what little lore I've ever heard)? Why can units that follow Utgar team up with units that follow Jandar? And so on and so forth?

Meh, I suppose it hardly matters. Though, I wouldn't argue against getting some more background on lore and how the waves play into the story. Oh well, as long as I can still play the game.

"It is no story that kills my people and destroys their villages, it is no story that has eluded my army at every turn, it is no story that has made us prisoners within the walls of our own city!"
Old May 7th, 2014, 10:11 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Each Ladder Rung covers two levels.
Old May 8th, 2014, 01:52 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
What height does a figure gain per ladder rung it stands on? I couldn't find this in the rule book.
The FotA Rulebook explains Ladder Engagement on page 7 and 8. The only thing that gets a little tricky is when one figure on the ladder is just above another figure on the landing space (example 29).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
More specifically, if a unit stands on the third ladder rung from the ground, will it be engaged with a 5 height figure on the space adjacent to the landing space?
No. A figure on ladder rung 3 would be 5 levels higher than the landing space. A height-5 opposing figure on a space next to the landing space (and on the same level as the landing space) would not be engaged with the figure on the ladder. Rung 1 is 1 level above (higher than) the landing space, rung 2 is 3 levels above, rung 3 is 5 levels above, rung 4 is 7 levels above, and so on.
Old May 10th, 2014, 05:48 PM

TJByrum is surprisingly tart

If I roll 4 Skulls and the defender rolls 2 Shields, does that count as two hits to the defender's Life or just one?

Basically, does the Dice Rolling determine how many (un)successful attacks were made? So in the above case you just made two successful attacks?

Or does the Dice Rolling determine whether or not you successfully attacked? So in the above case you successfully attacked, but only 1 Life point is removed?
Old May 10th, 2014, 05:51 PM

Targanth knows what's in an order marker Targanth knows what's in an order marker Targanth knows what's in an order marker

That would be two points of damage to the defending figure

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's