Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old October 22nd, 2009, 06:03 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
3T Planning!!

Hoju and I were conversating, and I just tossed some ideas at him. I figured it'd be good to have a thread where we can all toss our ideas in. Remember: Team Tournament.
Old October 22nd, 2009, 06:45 PM

Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby!
Re: 3T Planning!!

Last year the base was:
No glyphs
800 points per team, 400 per member (+ or - 25 per person)
All armies belong to the same general (Aquilla was Ullar I think)
All maps had Jungle trees or brush.

What needs to stay the same? What needs to change?
Old October 22nd, 2009, 07:01 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Aquilla splits from Ullar for sure. I like the Jungle idea again, but we could change it to something different. RttFF maybe?

As for points, I think 800 (400/person) was a bit too much. I think we should drop to 300-350 range. And I like Single General too.
Old October 22nd, 2009, 10:53 PM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!

Is this Single General per person? Or per full army?

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.
Old October 22nd, 2009, 11:08 PM
...IS Mediocre

hoju511 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubafication View Post
Is this Single General per person? Or per full army?
It was per-person. A team could have two Generals, one for each player.

I liked the jungle theme as well, but was also thinking of mixing it up each year. I was kicking around the idea of FotA.

Aquilla is a split for sure this year, at least if I have a vote.

Elffy had sent some ideas on points for teams. One was 500 points per team, they split how ever they want with one team-mate not having more than 300. Hmmmm...

I think we need to change the location. The Source was great, but they couldn't give us the room we need. I will talk to them and see if that can change.
Old October 22nd, 2009, 11:38 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

The jungle theme was cool, but did every map have a jungle set on it? I only ask because looking forward to future themes (mainly FotA) you may find that it downplays a certain class of figures (more than likely melee).

500 points per team would certainly speed up games. I've never played such a small army (not a prod against it), so I'd really need to put my head to work getting an army together. Weird how that works... fewer points makes harder decisions. Fewer points makes a whole new set of figures look good, namely 50 point Marro, Romans, Blade Gruts. Charos+Theracus, Jotun+Dumutef anyone ?

I liked the generals rule. I think glyphs should be on the debate table again. Last year was 32 starting hexes per team, any need for change?

Unless I'm mistaken, you would be the TD again, Hoju, and that means you don't have a vote. You have the final say.

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old October 22nd, 2009, 11:44 PM

fat_rabbit Woo who?

While TTO V is still fresh in my mind there is one thing that for sure needs to change at the next 3T...I need to bring my own partner this year! This was probably apparent to my partner last year (eternal thanos) who just recently took 1st place at TTO V. I took a humbling 48th place...Is that even a place? Anyway, I'll try my hardest to find my own partner this year so I won't drag anyone down to my level.

Besides that I really liked the rules for 3T last year. If changes need to be made splitting Aquilla and lowering army points should be top on the list.
Old October 22nd, 2009, 11:55 PM

fat_rabbit Woo who?

I think 300-350 points per person is enough points shaved off to insure we finish within an hour and is not that drastic of a change for everyone.
Old October 23rd, 2009, 01:55 AM

PCServbot Woo who?

Is there a thread that tells a little bit more about the specifics of this tournament (date, location, etc.)? A friend and I might be interested in coming depending on those things.
Old October 23rd, 2009, 08:15 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCServbot View Post
Is there a thread that tells a little bit more about the specifics of this tournament (date, location, etc.)? A friend and I might be interested in coming depending on those things.
Agreed. I'd like to know when and where (approximately) 3T will take place.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old October 23rd, 2009, 08:18 AM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCServbot View Post
Agreed. I'd like to know when and where (approximately) 3T will take place.
It has yet to be decided. Though it is usually in June. But I heard that it could possibly be April. Location last year was a Twin Cities Comic store, so near the Twin Cities. Probably Minneapolis.

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.
Old October 23rd, 2009, 08:26 AM
so CUTE when he's bitter

June, yes. Gamerms Reunion is April, Tooby. It was at the Source, not Twin Cities Comics. By the sounds of it, theres other stuff going on at TCC on Saturdays.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events