Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old June 8th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: What Video Game are you Currently Playing?

Fallout v. Skyrim? Fallout wins that one whether you're talking 3 or New Vegas. Both are dripping with theme and plotlines. I wouldn't say I like post-apoc better than fantasy, but Skyrim's map is less interesting than Fallouts' maps. Oblivion, OTOH, I enjoyed more than the Fallouts. Better story and more interesting map than Skyrim. On to my quickie report from last night's four hour browse through the Humble Indie Bundle:

Superbrothers -Sword and Sorcery: Ugly, ugly game. I just couldn't get into it at all, which is too bad because I assumed it would be my fovorite of the eight.

LIMBO: Had a bit of fun. Like the graphics. Couldn't figure out how to use a crate to get past some water and moved on.

Amnesia: Gotta admit I got bored and quit. Played with headphones and the lights out as recommended. Played for the story and not to win as recommended. Just too slow even after I put almost an hour into it.

Psychonauts: So far this looks great. It was the last game I tried and I was getting tired. Looking forward to playing more of this.

Bastion: Love the announcer. Fun enough game until I took the boat and the ramped up difficulty there left me cold.

Lone Survivor: Didn't get to it last night.

Braid: Maybe my favorite of the batch. Looking forward to a lot more of this. A puzzle solving Mario Bros with a really cool rewind mechanic.

Super Meat Boy: Reminds me of an old school arcade game I enjoyed with the wall jumping. Leaving a red trail wherever I go was a mite bit stomach turning and I really wanted to hit some breaks in the action where the game told me I was doing well. I think I finished 18 levels before simply deciding I was done for a while.

Great recommendation, guys - I really appreciate it!

~Aldin, braidedly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old June 9th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post
ME3 all weekend, as much time as I can spare. This is why:
Operation Goliath

Time to kill some reapers.

Forgot to mention, Operation Goliath is only for PC and XBox players, PS3 is excluded from these community events for the time being.
This is not a hate on PS3's as they have some amazing exclusives, but it seems just about every cross-platform game has less bugs and less overall issues simply due to the fact that it's so much easier to program on a PC/360 than it is with the Cell processor.

That said, if you really know what you are doing, the Cell is amazing. Not surprised the PS4 will use a traditional processor though after how much the Cell hurt them with developers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Fallout v. Skyrim? Fallout wins that one whether you're talking 3 or New Vegas. Both are dripping with theme and plotlines. I wouldn't say I like post-apoc better than fantasy, but Skyrim's map is less interesting than Fallouts' maps. Oblivion, OTOH, I enjoyed more than the Fallouts. Better story and more interesting map than Skyrim. On to my quickie report from last night's four hour browse through the Humble Indie Bundle:

Superbrothers -Sword and Sorcery: Ugly, ugly game. I just couldn't get into it at all, which is too bad because I assumed it would be my fovorite of the eight.

LIMBO: Had a bit of fun. Like the graphics. Couldn't figure out how to use a crate to get past some water and moved on.

Amnesia: Gotta admit I got bored and quit. Played with headphones and the lights out as recommended. Played for the story and not to win as recommended. Just too slow even after I put almost an hour into it.

Psychonauts: So far this looks great. It was the last game I tried and I was getting tired. Looking forward to playing more of this.

Bastion: Love the announcer. Fun enough game until I took the boat and the ramped up difficulty there left me cold.

Lone Survivor: Didn't get to it last night.

Braid: Maybe my favorite of the batch. Looking forward to a lot more of this. A puzzle solving Mario Bros with a really cool rewind mechanic.

Super Meat Boy: Reminds me of an old school arcade game I enjoyed with the wall jumping. Leaving a red trail wherever I go was a mite bit stomach turning and I really wanted to hit some breaks in the action where the game told me I was doing well. I think I finished 18 levels before simply deciding I was done for a while.

Great recommendation, guys - I really appreciate it!

~Aldin, braidedly
Amnesia'a first hour is mega slow. I would give it another hour if you have time. Pretty much agree with you on all other points. Braid is fantastic. The story is really cool.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old June 13th, 2012, 01:22 PM
HoSSpitable little wookiee (apparently "wookiee" has 2 E's, who knew?)

heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Just beat Splinter Cell Convition on XBOX 360. I'm looking to get the others sometime later. Also, the Special Edition for PS3 with the 3 older ones that were remade in HD.

My Maps
Tournament Record: 28-28: .500!
Old June 18th, 2012, 11:17 PM
Nostradumbass

DrAwsm is surprisingly tart

Started playing Goldeneye: Source today. It's basically a mod for the SDK Base 2007 found in the "Tools" section of Steam, so it's completely free (but you only have access to the SDK Base 2007 if you own a Source engine game, like TF2). It's certainly a nice change of pace from the kind of first-person shooters I'm used to. I never got around to playing the original Goldeneye on the N64, but maybe this repents me at least a little. Sadly, I wasn't able to play with friends because none of my friends have downloaded it yet. Hopefully that'll change soon, but we'll see
Old June 18th, 2012, 11:27 PM
Christmas Custom Contest Champion

sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby!

I've been into Mario Kart Wii. Got Gold in 50cc-150cc, and either gold or silver in the mirror cup. It is so addicting

2 time winner of the Gencon Team Tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Special Attacks are severely modified by death.
Trade Thread Selling most of my collection!
Old June 19th, 2012, 01:32 AM
Definitely not horrible

Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby!

After posting my top 5, I've been playing Daggerfall.
That link is to the free legal download of the game. Try it some time.
Old June 19th, 2012, 02:06 PM
HoSSpitable little wookiee (apparently "wookiee" has 2 E's, who knew?)

heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

MW3. Talking about MW3, don't you wish this gun were in the game...

My Maps
Tournament Record: 28-28: .500!

Last edited by heroscaper2010; June 19th, 2012 at 02:22 PM.
Old June 19th, 2012, 04:00 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I just finished Journey. All I have to say is wow. Journey is the best DLC game I have ever played, and definitely hits my top list of favorite games ever. This game tells an incredible story, and there's just no need to explain it except that if oyu have $15 and a PS3, get this game.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old June 24th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The Expanded Ending for Mass Effect 3 will be released on Tuesday. It will be a whopping 1.9 Gb download. It is supposed to add about 10 minutes to the ending and you will need to load a save before attacking the Cerberus headquarters.

The 10 minutes seen is supposed to be extremely choice based according to your past decisions (which would account for why 10 minutes would be 1.9 Gb, which is more than any DLC ever put out for any ME game).

It will be completely free - also there will be a change to how much readiness you need to get the best endings.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old June 24th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Midol, King of PMS

Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
The Expanded Ending for Mass Effect 3 will be released on Tuesday. It will be a whopping 1.9 Gb download. It is supposed to add about 10 minutes to the ending and you will need to load a save before attacking the Cerberus headquarters.

The 10 minutes seen is supposed to be extremely choice based according to your past decisions (which would account for why 10 minutes would be 1.9 Gb, which is more than any DLC ever put out for any ME game).

It will be completely free - also there will be a change to how much readiness you need to get the best endings.
Let's hope its better than the plot hole filled ending we have right now

I'm a F18, bro.
Old June 24th, 2012, 02:00 PM

DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Yeah! I'm Here View Post
Quote:

Let's hope its better than the plot hole filled ending we have right now
Well, it will definitely be better than their previous response to the ending.
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=312

I mostly lurk around here for nostalgia
Old June 24th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:

Had to rub my eyes, blink a couple times, and read your post again. Did you just say that it would be free? From EA?

As for me, not many video games right now. A smattering of World at War or Arkham City every now and then, but I'm kinda video gamed out, but that's just fine with me since I'll be recharged when Dishonored and Assassin's Creed 3 hit the market.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games