Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old September 25th, 2011, 09:37 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!
Re: What Video Game are you Currently Playing?

I have a ****ty Toshiba laptop that runs Starcraft 2 at like 12-ish fps (when there is little going on) on bare minimum settings and TF 2 at barely playable frame rates on bare minimum settings even with a custom config file that makes the game look terrible so it will run faster.

I bought a desktop because they're cheaper and more powerful than laptops. I already have a laptop for lounging around house and stuff, so I don't need another one. I don't really see much point in a gaming laptop, unless you travel a lot you're probably just going to end up in your house most of the time. And it's not like you can seriously play games with a touch pad, so you're going to have to carry around a mouse with you too. If I'm going to play games on the go, I'm going to bring a Game Boy or whatever.

Although I am kind of jealous of those light up keys and fan.

This is the one I bought:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883227314

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep

Last edited by ParaGoomba Slayer; September 25th, 2011 at 09:58 PM.
Old October 3rd, 2011, 11:43 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I took a weeks vacation to do nothing and spent a pretty massive chunk of it playing Deus Ex. I didn't think the story was anything particularly special, but the gameplay was absolutely superb. Adored the way levels had so many different options and how much the game rewarded creative solutions to problems. The end was a little meh
Old October 3rd, 2011, 11:45 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

First or Third Deus Ex?

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old October 3rd, 2011, 12:48 PM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
First or Third Deus Ex?
Did the company skip a second Deus Ex, and go straight to a third one?
Old October 3rd, 2011, 01:07 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

No, the second one was just horrible compared to the first.

Both first and third have multiple endings and pathways through the game. The second was a dumbed down console game.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old October 3rd, 2011, 01:54 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
First or Third Deus Ex?
The third. Technically the first since it's a prequel. Human Revolution regardless.
Old October 3rd, 2011, 01:58 PM
Dr Feelgood

Cool, it's in my Gamefly queue

Old October 3rd, 2011, 07:39 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
I just picked up Space Marine myself after having a lot of fun with the demo. Looking forward to the full game.
Played the game for quite a while the other night. It's excellent. Most fun I've had with a shooter in ages. I don't get the reviews at all. They're 10 minutes/2 pages of praise and excitement followed by a 7.5. I know there's a certain... commodity factor in review scores these days, but it seems really, really odd.
I bought the Space Marine game too. I'm a bit of a sucker for the theme since I have a history with 40K. So I may be a bit bias, but I was quite pleased with it. It was a lot of fun to play through the campaign and everything looked great on screen. It only took me about 5 days of serious gaming sessions to complete though. Their are 5 acts, about 1 act per 3-5 hours of gaming depending on your skill level. I am not online, so I can not comment on any of the online features. Once thing that takes away from it is the lack of replay value for those not online, no secondary game modes available. A COD Zombie style game featuring tyrinids would have been perfect. I started playing through it again under the hard setting instead. Still fun the second time around, but not really that much harder.

So I am now all set up on X-box live and have been playing Space Marine online. It is a pretty straight forward shooter featuring Space marines vs. Chaos Space Marines. No Orks though. Two modes, one where you take over and control points on the map while killing the other team, and one where you just kill the other team with no other objectives.

I think I've been on 5 different maps now and that seems to be about it, might be 6. Most of the maps are pretty fun though with lots of ways to move around the board and they did one thing that I really like. When you respawn you can choose to come out at your teams default location, and the other team can not go onto that part of the map. So no respawning just to get killed instantly by some camper in your back yard. Then you move out and exit onto the battle field through a choice of 4 different exits. You can also respawn at any of the control points in the first game, or next to a team mate with a homing beacon equipped.

As is my complaint with all these online shooters, they start you off with the a weak weapon, then throw you in with guys who have already unlocked super weapons and armor, making the game play quite lop sided. You gain XP pretty easily though and that unlocks more weapons and upgrades. I think the highest you can get is level 42, with each weapon and upgrade fixed to a certain level. Other upgrades get unlocked when you accomplish certain things during game play. A total life time kill count of 25 with a specific weapon will unlock an upgrade for that weapon, so the more you use a weapon set up the more powerful it will become.

For those of you who have painted some Space Marines, you get to tinker with how your guy looks quite a bit which is cool. You can choose from 12-15 default chapters or create your own. As you advance you also unlock different looking armor pieces. They offer you 5 different set-ups (per faction) to have saved at a time, which you can then quickly switch between games.
Old October 4th, 2011, 01:46 PM

Altron_ZERO Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post
I have a ****ty Toshiba laptop that runs Starcraft 2 at like 12-ish fps (when there is little going on) on bare minimum settings and TF 2 at barely playable frame rates on bare minimum settings even with a custom config file that makes the game look terrible so it will run faster.

I bought a desktop because they're cheaper and more powerful than laptops. I already have a laptop for lounging around house and stuff, so I don't need another one. I don't really see much point in a gaming laptop, unless you travel a lot you're probably just going to end up in your house most of the time. And it's not like you can seriously play games with a touch pad, so you're going to have to carry around a mouse with you too. If I'm going to play games on the go, I'm going to bring a Game Boy or whatever.

Although I am kind of jealous of those light up keys and fan.

This is the one I bought:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883227314

O yeah, I completely agree with you, a desktop is way more worth the money than a laptop is. theyre also way cheaper and easier to upgrade. Only reason I bought a laptop was because I was tired of not having a computer to play games whenever I went places. Also I needed one for school.

Old October 5th, 2011, 09:18 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Been playing Fallout: New Vegas on the PS3.

I love the Mojave

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old October 5th, 2011, 11:18 PM

Omahavice is surprisingly tart

I just picked up Dark Souls and Gears of War 3 today. Got to play about 2 hours of Dark Souls. Great game so far, very tense.

Tournament Record
Good Trades List

DaBoyzRule 5 Time Super Bowl Champions Working on Number 6
Old October 5th, 2011, 11:36 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Been playing Fallout: New Vegas on the PS3.

I love the Mojave
Nifty, I just beat Fallout: New Vegas on the XBox360.

Now I'm playing Fallout: New Vegas on the XBox360 - in Hardcore mode.

~Aldin, 80 hours in and still enjoying the game

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games