Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old August 18th, 2009, 04:35 AM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Zetacron

Quote:
Originally Posted by chispito View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Warden 816 also has 2 lives.
Does this make Charos feline?

Has anyone played Zetacron with the Repulsors and noticed whether they significantly alter the strategy?
I feel like what I have to say is best posted in the Repulsor thread, but...

I have found that the Repulsors are really only useful when you are not fighting non-soulborg ranged figures. When you are fighting non-soulborg ranged figures, I find that the lack of bonding (tron bonding or otherwise) just makes a turn with the Repulsors less than useful. It's hard to engage and they just move away and shoot. Against melee you can just use them to block and shoot over them, and against other soulborgs well... duh. So I like them against anything except agents (basically).

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old August 19th, 2009, 11:30 AM

Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I believe Zetacron and the Repulsors take the spot for most skulls possible away from the Blasts and Glads. Zetacron+Finn's Spirit+Taelord+Extreme Height+Attack Glyph+Repulsors on ladders surrounding Braxas= New Record and extreme hurt.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old August 19th, 2009, 11:38 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
I believe Zetacron and the Repulsors take the spot for most skulls possible away from the Blasts and Glads. Zetacron+Finn's Spirit+Taelord+Extreme Height+Attack Glyph+Repulsors on ladders surrounding Braxas= New Record and extreme hurt.
Targeting Beacon doesn't stack. It adds +1 if there is at least one Repulsor adjacent.

Old September 11th, 2009, 10:10 AM

Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsons Scaper View Post
2. Does anyone else feel hes a little underpriced? 70 points, I think, would be better.
I think it's about right (of course, I also think that Taelord is priced correctly ). His survivability and lack of multiple attacks puts him in the 60 pts spot. He could be taken down with a turn with blade or heavy gruts in a single turn if the enemy can get close to him. In the right situations though, he can be extremely dangerous.

Old September 11th, 2009, 10:16 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsons Scaper View Post
2. Does anyone else feel hes a little underpriced? 70 points, I think, would be better.
I think it's about right (of course, I also think that Taelord is priced correctly ). His survivability and lack of multiple attacks puts him in the 60 pts spot. He could be taken down with a turn with blade or heavy gruts in a single turn if the enemy can get close to him. In the right situations though, he can be extremely dangerous.
I agree. I've seen Zetacron killed before he had a chance to do any damage. I've also seen him blow away Q9 in one shot. Low risk, high reward unit.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old October 21st, 2010, 01:46 AM

RickyDMMontoya has disabled reputation

The Belt of Giant Strength can really let Zetacron have a hefty punch.

Rules Lawyer.
Old October 21st, 2010, 02:01 AM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
I've seen Zetacron killed before he had a chance to do any damage. I've also seen him blow away Q9 in one shot. Low risk, high reward unit.
This is really where he can shine, in my experience. Not speaking specifically in reference to Q9, but his ability to one-shot a hero can't be overlooked. At the Wichita Falls area NHSD'10, an opponent's Zeta took out my unwounded Fen Hydra with a single attack - the first OM of the first round of the match. I somehow came back and took the match, but that single attack was devastating. That high range makes him a real threat from the get-go.

Zetacron, similarly to DED, can have a great psychological impact on your opponent, provided that he has made an impression through prior experience. I know that, nowadays, I think a bit more carefully when he's in my opponent's army.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old October 21st, 2010, 09:31 AM

Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyDMMontoya View Post
The Belt of Giant Strength can really let Zetacron have a hefty punch.
Just remember that the Belt of Giant Strength can only be used against adjacent opponents. If you could get adjacent with Zetecron, then yes, he would pack quite a punch.

EDIT: I'm pointing this out so that it doesn't confuse others, Ricky. Not all players will pick up on the subtlety of your use of the word punch.

Last edited by Obsidian; October 21st, 2010 at 12:03 PM.
Old October 21st, 2010, 12:00 PM

RickyDMMontoya has disabled reputation

Which is why I said "punch" as opposed to "shot."

Rules Lawyer.
Old October 21st, 2010, 02:02 PM

Ecthelion is surprisingly tart

I wish this guy wasn't $85

Ecthelion
Old February 2nd, 2011, 01:23 AM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Zetacron won a recent game for my friend with ease. It was a 4 player game and he put Finn on zeta, and put major x17(who I had laughed at him for drafting) on a glyph of unique attack +1, when all the ranged was cleared out. He proceeded to one shot nearly every hero, most notably one shooting my Shurrak with 10 skulls! This guy is not someone you want to see end game when you have a hero heavy army.
Old February 2nd, 2011, 05:30 PM

The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecthelion View Post
I wish this guy wasn't $85
Are you kidding? He's great for his price! Deadly Shot and 8 Range? That's an enormous offensive ability right there! And the fact that he's Huge makes him immune to a large Range of things (i. e. Chomp, Poisonous Acid Breath, etc.) and that fact that he's a Soulborg protects him from Marro Plague (which is the bane of my Heroscape career).

At first I underestimated his abilities and classified him as a "Unit That Really Isn't Much Good at Anything" but now I've come to realize his strengths and potential. 85 points are a steal for a figure of his power.

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units