Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old June 9th, 2008, 07:16 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Movie: There Will Be Blood

I thought this was one of the best movies I've seen in a good while. I love the rise and downfall type movies, and this is one of the best. Not to mention, Daniel Day-Lewis's acting is s-u-p-e-r-b.

A must see.
Old June 9th, 2008, 07:54 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby!
Thumbs up There Will Be Blood WITH LOTS OF EXCELLENCE!

Hey, I'm glad you started this thread!
I couldn't resist and bought 3 used DVDS for $20 at Blockbuster last week.
There Will Be Blood was the hot priority (I grabbed 28 weeks Later and Cloverfield as my other choices).

Freakin' LOVED this movie!
Felt a bit Kubrick-ish. Example:
Spoiler Alert!

Radiohead's Johnny Greenwood's music is superb and again, it felt like he'd watched a few Kubrick movies for inspiration. His composition during the oil drill fire was excellent.

Is this film laced with symbolism or what? I need to start reading some online interpretations. My brother and I had a good discussion about this movie on Saturday night. The message of Big Oil linked with religion seems prevelant.

Daniel Day-Lewis floored me - heck, he frightened me! - as William "Bill the Butcher" Cutting in Gangs of New York. His Performance here is no less as amazing.

Now I'm anxiously awaiting The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford to hit the 3 DVDs/$20 sale!
Old June 9th, 2008, 08:30 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Movie: There Will Be Blood

I've never seen Gangs of New York... am I missing out?
Old June 9th, 2008, 09:24 PM

oni is surprisingly tart

If you liked Blood, you might like Gangs too. Both are amazing.

Feed the newbs! Link to a common HS topic in your signature.
Storage ideas
What Should I get next?
Old June 10th, 2008, 01:15 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Shackle View Post
I've never seen Gangs of New York... am I missing out?
Quote:
Originally Posted by oni View Post
If you liked Blood, you might like Gangs too. Both are amazing.
I liked Gangs of New York if just to watch Lewis act.
The glorification of the five points district and its warring gangs is a bit over the top, but a wild interpretation nonetheless.
There are moments when the violence is so intense, I have to look away.
Old June 28th, 2008, 01:11 AM

bedlam23 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

The ending tof there will be blood is priceless and yes the acting is spectacular.
Old July 1st, 2008, 01:51 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Spectacular! The connection between the religion and the oil is very intriguing. At times one helps the other but they are at odds throughout. A person can watch this movie and take away so much. On top of that the acting was stellar. Paul Dano as the preacher was amazing and contrasted Daniel Day very well. Daniel Day's performance was easily one of the very best I have ever seen.

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old July 5th, 2008, 05:50 PM

Scape_Scrub11 has disabled reputation

I drink your milkshake! I drink it up!
Old July 29th, 2008, 07:08 PM

Boozehammer is surprisingly tart

Grungebob, I just want to point out your signature is a flawless victory.

Amazing movie, hilarious line.
Old July 30th, 2008, 03:13 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I saw this movie and liked it quite a bit. It is pretty obvious why Lewis got an Oscar nomination for his role, he did an awesome job. It was a bit slow at times though and when it seemed slow I kept on thinking of the title of the movie, "There will be blood" and I knew something good would be comming eventually. The ending was worth the wait.
Old August 5th, 2008, 04:56 PM

Temprit is surprisingly tart

I've always liked Daniel. The Last of the Mohicans and My Left Foot are great examples of his skill. I also really enjoy The Gangs of NY. I haven't seen There will be Blood, but I really want to.

"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory."
Old August 7th, 2008, 03:46 AM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

I just got done watching it and thought it was amazing. Not the best storyline and somwhat anti-climactic, yet it kept me entertained throughout. The stunning visuals, the AMAZING score (at one point, there is a song on violin with boomwhackers in the background. Very innovative). It was all just so perfectly simple.

DRAINAGE!!!!

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies