Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old May 12th, 2008, 06:53 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Low-cost counters to heavy hitters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Shackle View Post
Jotun - 225 points
Sentinels of Jandar (110 points) - Shields of Valor should protect you from Wild Swing and they're immune to throw.
This is a great one, the shields really make these guys excellent for any unit with high attack.
And his special ability will be practically useless, the Shields are awesome against such weak attacks.

Great thread as well.
Old May 15th, 2008, 06:20 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

UPDATE:

Added Su-Bak-Na
Old May 15th, 2008, 07:36 PM

KRUG! is surprisingly tart

I've had good luck using Valguard against Jotun. I can usually take at least half or more of Jotun's lives before Jotun squashes Valguard. I once took an unwounded Jotun down to 1 life with a wounded Valguard that started the fight with 2 lives already gone. I'm not saying Valguard is "THE giant killer", just that if played well, he can put some serious hurt on! That's not bad for less than half of Jotun's cost.

Withhold no sacrifice,
grudge no toil,
seek no sordid gain,
fear no foe.
All will be well.
Old May 15th, 2008, 11:39 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Friend uses Charros whenever possible. He likes him so much so that we don't deny him the first pick. With that said, his heavy life and counter attack is a beast of a tank.
Agent Carr is not the best answer against the dragon, since his sword is not a special attack. More often than not the dragon has eaten this agent without much trouble.
Personally, I use Major Q10, which isn't quite half the points of Charros, but the double special attack takes the dragon down fast.
  • For extra goodness against Charros, use any ranged figure and stand center hex on an elevated 7 hex. The dragon will not be able to hit you there. No matter his position, the figure will be out of sight.
Old May 19th, 2008, 05:35 AM

Unomas is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Me-Burq-Sa is a decent option for high defense figures. At 50 points he's a bargain if you can take down a high-cost figure.

He's fast (8 movement) and ranged (6 range) so you have a good chance to be the first one to strike. Weak defense at 3 but you have 3 life so you could easily get two attacks in unless things really didn't go your way.

Hes no against many of the figures listed because his ability limits him to medium or small figures. But not a bad choice in a lot of situations.

Last edited by Unomas; May 19th, 2008 at 06:24 AM.
Old May 19th, 2008, 12:40 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Jotun - 225 points
Sentinels of Jandar (110 points) - Shields of Valor should protect you from Wild Swing and they're immune to throw.
I actually saw this one in action not too long ago. In a three player draft game with a high castle to fight over, the Sentinels took the high ground, but Jotun was tall enough to swing at them, yet not able to take them down.

317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 10th, 2008, 03:56 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Added the new figures to the counters, though much of it is speculation. As far as the new heavy-hitters Sujoah and Zelrig are concerned, I'd like a bit of play-time with them before coming to any conclusions.
Old June 10th, 2008, 05:53 PM

s2ua7 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
  • For extra goodness against Charros, use any ranged figure and stand center hex on an elevated 7 hex. The dragon will not be able to hit you there. No matter his position, the figure will be out of sight.
I guess I'm a little confused as to how Charos would not be able to become adjacent to a figure on a 7 hex tile if he stood in the middle... That still leaves the 6 surrounding tiles (assuming that its not a squad of 3 or 4 figures that is taking up the surrounding hexes).... Maybe I'm just visuallizing it wrong.....

Edit, although you did say sight, but Charos does not have range so I'm not sure line of sight applies here

Last edited by s2ua7; June 10th, 2008 at 06:09 PM.
Old June 10th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Suprisingly (because they get no respect - paging Rodney Dangerfield!) the Roman Archers are a decent Charos counter. They get a beefy SA and he can only kill one at a time. The Ashigaru and Zombies work well for the same reason, but lack the ranged attack to force him to come play.

~Aldin, who likes the comparitively cheap Charos against some of the normal attack, high point Marvel figs

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old June 10th, 2008, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Suprisingly (because they get no respect - paging Rodney Dangerfield!) the Roman Archers are a decent Charos counter. They get a beefy SA and he can only kill one at a time. The Ashigaru and Zombies work well for the same reason, but lack the ranged attack to force him to come play.

~Aldin, who likes the comparitively cheap Charos against some of the normal attack, high point Marvel figs
Not many respect the Roman Archers like I do. In fact, no one around here likes to hear me announce I'm rolling Arrow Volley.

And though they're a decent counter to many heroes, once Charos engages, they're toast. Volley doesn't work when engaged.
Old June 10th, 2008, 06:27 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post

Not many respect the Roman Archers like I do. In fact, no one around here likes to hear me announce I'm rolling Arrow Volley.

And though they're a decent counter to many heroes, once Charos engages, they're toast. Volley doesn't work when engaged.
Really? Why not?

317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 10th, 2008, 06:28 PM

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles