Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old May 9th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Low-cost counters to heavy hitters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Shackle View Post

Charos - 210 points

Warden 816 (90 points) - He's got range and a special attack, so he's safe from Counter Strike. Aside from that, you'll need some luck to do some damage before getting mauled.

------------
Doesn't the Warden's Special Attack only work against small or medium characters? Or am I misremembering that?

Anyway, nice post. I wouldn't have thought of Morsbane against Braxas. Good thoughts Soul Shackle.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old May 9th, 2008, 10:54 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The Omnicrons with Taelord, height, and a possible attack glyph could also take out Jotun. Especially on a steep cliff. Good idea Ty!

EDIT: No, Warden's attack doesn't work on Smalls only. Nice try though.
Old May 10th, 2008, 01:29 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Shackle View Post
Jexik, what makes you say that? I'd love to know, and get the feeling I'll end up adding them to the list with your explaination.
If the map allows you to spread them out enough, Jotun will kill at most one MW per turn. If you can run away, you can easily clone more back and be back to pester him.

To the original question posed in the thread, why do commons have more of a restriction on points than uniques for this? I think it's weird since commons generally have a higher cost than they would if they were unique, and you seem to be talking about using just one of the commons, which is further putting them out of their element. For example, WoA are a great counter to Krug, but not according to your criteria. We'd also have to find a 45 point common Q9 counter!
Actually, I was using the assumption that if you draft a common, you are drafting more than one, which at least doubles their point costs. What do you suggest?
Old May 10th, 2008, 01:43 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

UPDATE:

Added Jexik's comments on Marro Warriors.
Added Zetacron as a counter to Jotun/TKN and Braxas.
Old May 10th, 2008, 01:46 PM

HeroscaperHuh has disabled reputation

Warden's Special attack also prevents Charos's counter from working. Great guide, I'd never though of countering Braxas with the Dumufet, and it looks that an attack of 5 vs. def of 3 could score a couple of hits, and that would pay for the dumutef!

Before you criticize some one, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away and have their shoes.
Old May 10th, 2008, 11:41 PM

UPDATE:

Added Spartacus (sort of)
Added Nilfheim
Added Major Q9
Old May 11th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Ouch--if Isamu ever takes out my Nilfheim... I don't know what I would do... (good point, though Soul Shackle--hope that d20 is hot!)
Old May 11th, 2008, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
Ouch--if Isamu ever takes out my Nilfheim... I don't know what I would do... (good point, though Soul Shackle--hope that d20 is hot!)
I've seen Isamu take out my Nilf, my Raelin, and a squaddie (can't remember what squad) before being killed by my last character, Kyntela Gwyn. Go figure...
Old May 11th, 2008, 01:30 PM

Rifier_Ace is surprisingly tart

I think that a decent counter to major Q9 is the hated Deathwalker 7000. With his stealth dodge and better move you should always be able to use his Self-Destruct power and put a couple wounds on Q9 before Q9 can start Queglixing him. All and all you get Deathwalker 7000 points almost back.
Old May 11th, 2008, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifier_Ace View Post
I think that a decent counter to major Q9 is the hated Deathwalker 7000. With his stealth dodge and better move you should always be able to use his Self-Destruct power and put a couple wounds on Q9 before Q9 can start Queglixing him. All and all you get Deathwalker 7000 points almost back.
I have actually found that useful as well. Using Theracus, Brunak, or Saylind to sneak him in quickly can also help. His points keep him from qualifying for this list, however.
Old May 11th, 2008, 02:42 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yes, 100 isn't a low cost heavy hitter, though I've never tried that one. I might have to now. Hmmm...
Old May 11th, 2008, 07:29 PM

UPDATED:

Commons now only must be one-half the points instead of one-quarter.
Commons added.
Added Taelord the Kyrie Warrior (sort of)
Added Sgt. Drake Alexander (SotM)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles