Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old February 21st, 2008, 10:46 AM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
How about one of these periscope viewers?
http://www.zeitcom.com/majgen/25persc.html
Old February 21st, 2008, 11:00 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby!
Yes, we do the reverse sighting as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudulfr Shieldcrusher
They're cool, but that one's too bulky for tight corridors or other crowded map conditions.

I have two, telescoping plastic periscopes that work just great, but people seem to not understand how to use them correctly, so I've given up suggesting they use them at my house.
Old February 21st, 2008, 11:05 AM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
Yes, we do the reverse sighting as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudulfr Shieldcrusher
They're cool, but that one's too bulky for tight corridors or other crowded map conditions.

I have two, telescoping plastic periscopes that work just great, but people seem to not understand how to use them correctly, so I've given up suggesting they use them at my house.
Got any pics?
Old February 21st, 2008, 11:26 AM

Lord_Mortis has disabled reputation
Why not just use a laser pointer?
Old February 21st, 2008, 11:28 AM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
A piece of string or your shoelace might do the trick.

sorry.. here is a pic.

Old February 21st, 2008, 11:35 AM

MrBarkypants Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_calvin
A piece of string or your shoelace might do the trick.

sorry.. here is a pic.

Nice....

How long is this particular shoe lace? I don't want to go buy the wrong one.

I'm Mr. Barkypants, and I'm a mix of ol schoo and new schoo....
Old February 21st, 2008, 01:13 PM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
EDITED by H_E_H
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
***H_E_H discusssing something that was meant for the Order Marker Placement in Competitive Play thread.
I think you may have replied to the wrong post?
Old February 21st, 2008, 01:26 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_calvin
I think you may have replied to the wrong post?
It's too funny, I went looking for my reply when I didn't see it in the other thread.
I'm going to go back and clean up my mistake!
Old February 25th, 2008, 02:55 PM

pinche_guey knows what's in an order marker pinche_guey knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Mortis
While laser pointers sure work, there are a couple reasons why reverse viewing is easier most of the time.
First, you must place the laser pointer behind the head of the character as close as possible and steadly try to aim it. This may difficult when you are shooting the Aubrien Archers hand sticking out from behind a tree or a zombies head 10 spaces away and behind your friendlies. It requires time consuming checking by the other player(s) if there is any question.
Second, the pointer itself will not fit in many instances. Consider a shooter with his back against a tall wall. You will not be able to determine LOS or target zones without removing large amounts of terrain, reverse viewing, or reverse viewing with a laser pointer.
Old February 25th, 2008, 03:11 PM

grimace has disabled reputation
we use the laser pointer all the time, and you can use it for the reverse line of sight if you can't fit it behind the attacking figure.

I give you a more exact LOS.
Old February 25th, 2008, 03:24 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
We had to use this method for a game yesterday on this map. A figure on the ground was attempting to fire at another high on the tower but there was no way to get to 'head level' and look up. So we just looked down from the Attackee. Worked out fine.

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14
Old February 26th, 2008, 04:04 AM

Lord_Mortis has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinche_guey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Mortis
Consider a shooter with his back against a tall wall. You will not be able to determine LOS or target zones without removing large amounts of terrain, reverse viewing, or reverse viewing with a laser pointer.
In this case, if the figure's back is against a wall and it is wanting to draw a LOS to a model in front of it away from the wall, simply place the laser pointer in front of the figures head. Rotate the laser pointer left/right or whatever direction the target is in, and if the laser hits a target zone of a model within range, you have LOS. And also as pointed out by grimace, you can use the laser pointer in conjunction with reverse line of sight as well when an accurate LOS can't be determined by simply "eye-balling" it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion