Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Notices

Old January 19th, 2008, 08:20 AM

moorific is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by hesh
I know I'm bringing up an old thread, but I've been thinking about picking up an MMO and although I'm leaning towards LOTRO, I'm considering Guild Wars. Is it still populated? Would it be worth getting just the basic or are the expansions a must have? Thanks.
None of the expansions are must-haves, yes, they do make the game bigger and give you more missions, but I had a lot of fun with just the game itself. As for population, I think a lot of people still play it due to the non monthly fee (the only + it has over WoW). Alas, it is VERY slowly dying out, but don't not get it because of that, it's still an awesome game.
Old January 20th, 2008, 10:43 AM

InThisMoment has disabled reputation
Yeah, i love Guild Wars. Because of work i can rarely play it, but it is one of the most fun MMOs out there.

About the expanisons - they aren't must haves, but there fun. Ritualist has quickly become one of my favorite professions, and the Dervishes are pretty sweet also.

Overall a game i'd highly recommend to anyone, evenb people who aren't so much fans of MMOs.
Old July 31st, 2008, 05:46 PM

zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker
Re: Guild Wars ?

Thought i'd bump this up.

I just got into this becuse WoW started to suck grind-wise once I hit 70, just not worth the 15 bucks a month.

So, now i have everything but the first campaign and the extra mission pack, and really enjoying my warrior and dervish.

~Z~

I do art. Check it out.

http://insanelyzanter.deviantart.com/
Old August 2nd, 2008, 01:11 PM

eric.dunfee Woo who?

My biggest gripe with the game was....

YOU CAN'T JUMP!!!!

I know that might sound weird, but I've been playing all sorts of games for such a long time, and gotten used to jumping. (Oh yeah, played wow for 2 years too...) It really drives me nuts if I can't jump in a game!
Old August 4th, 2008, 12:53 PM

zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric.dunfee View Post
My biggest gripe with the game was....

YOU CAN'T JUMP!!!!

I know that might sound weird, but I've been playing all sorts of games for such a long time, and gotten used to jumping. (Oh yeah, played wow for 2 years too...) It really drives me nuts if I can't jump in a game!
You will be able to jump/swim in GW2.

~Z~

I do art. Check it out.

http://insanelyzanter.deviantart.com/
Old September 28th, 2008, 03:33 PM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!

Just started to play this one again, currently rebuilding a necro/ritualist player from scratch. Anyone still play? Want to party up?

DWARVES!
Old September 30th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Admin

Oogie_Da_Bruce is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Oogie_Da_Bruce is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Never Played.

Always stayed away from MMORPG's. I'm afraid I would turn into a crackhead.

-Moved to Video Games.

Recent Games Played:
Old October 1st, 2008, 09:55 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oogie_Da_Bruce View Post
Never Played.

Always stayed away from MMORPG's. I'm afraid I would turn into a crackhead.
Don't worry, it's a good game, but not addicting. I like the game a lot, but don't really have time, so I haven't been playing.

My brothers do, though. They keep telling me all this stuff about all these people and events in the game.

I just keep telling them that I have no idea what they're talking about. I just play the game to stab people.
Old October 1st, 2008, 10:56 AM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!

Haha, ya you don't need to devote hours of game play to level cap your character, or make a competitive PvP Character, or much of anything, after an hour of game play I already have a level 5, though not much equipment to speak of.

DWARVES!
Old December 13th, 2008, 03:00 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post
Just started to play this one again, currently rebuilding a necro/ritualist player from scratch. Anyone still play? Want to party up?

What point in Guild Wars are you up to, Roland? My Warrior main might be able to help you out of any jams that you might get into! PM me if you need assistance on a mission! (My main has all of the heros, so he's pretty versatile!)

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old December 16th, 2008, 07:43 AM
Midol, King of PMS

Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby!

My father plays guild wars and i happen to be getting it for christmas. I'm going to try for the defender of ascalon title and legendary survivor(on 2 dif characters of course)

I'm a F18, bro.
Old December 16th, 2008, 01:10 PM

cabbageheat is surprisingly tart

I love Guildwars but have been unable to play in months. Might have to get it going again. It really is a beautiful game, and no monthly fee's are fantastic.

Especially when you don't get to play for extended periods. . .

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games