Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old May 11th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: Wave 9: Blackmoon's Siege, First Post has Update 5/6

I doubt the Mohicans or Brave Arrow will have bonding, honestly. They seem like a "squad/hero" group in the same vein as Carr and the Krav Maga, or Kaemon Awa and the Tagawa Samurai Archers. While they certainly work fine together, and thematically they're like peas-in-a-pod, there's no ACTUAL link between them.

It's always possible, though.
Old May 11th, 2009, 03:42 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!

"The Mohican River Tribe lie in wait, blend in with their surroundings, and pick off their approaching enemies with pinpoint accuracy"

Lie in Wait?... another wait then fire squad?
Old May 11th, 2009, 03:57 PM

Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
I just thought of something. Maybe the Mohicans will have Hunter Bonding, and Brave Arrow will be a hunter. This would give us our long-awaited Dund bonding unit....
If they do bond with Dund I will play Ozzy's 'Bark at the Moon' every time I use them.
Old May 11th, 2009, 04:33 PM

albertic26 Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Quote:
I just thought of something. Maybe the Mohicans will have Hunter Bonding, and Brave Arrow will be a hunter. This would give us our long-awaited Dund bonding unit....
If they do bond with Dund I will play Ozzy's 'Bark at the Moon' every time I use them.

It would be cool if they bonded with dund but highly unlikely.

I want a Wave 4 re-print please.

Good Traders: Just_a_Bill, Archiver, Troubleman23, Archkyrie11, MegaSilver
Old May 11th, 2009, 04:40 PM

earendil504 Woo who?

Now that we will have dwarves (dwarfs?) could this years Gencon promo be a repainted Eldgrim?

Killing is my business, and business is good.
Old May 11th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
And when they shoot at my Krav Maga Agents and miss, I will sing 'Shot in the Dark' by Ozzy as well.
Old May 11th, 2009, 05:33 PM

mrkurtb knows what's in an order marker mrkurtb knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconious View Post
"The Mohican River Tribe lie in wait, blend in with their surroundings, and pick off their approaching enemies with pinpoint accuracy"

For theme purposes I think it would be cool if they would be invisible to ranged attacks (unless the attacker rolls say a 13 or higher) when the Mohican is standing next to a RTFF tree.
Old May 11th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertic26 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

It would have to be Hunter Heroes, since I believe the Marrden Hounds and Glads are Hunters.

Old May 11th, 2009, 06:14 PM

ugly1hornedmule knows what's in an order marker ugly1hornedmule knows what's in an order marker
Where are you standing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkurtb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconious View Post

For theme purposes I think it would be cool if they would be invisible to ranged attacks (unless the attacker rolls say a 13 or higher) when the Mohican is standing next to a RTFF tree.
I would love to see terrain specific abilities in general. Even if it was just bonus for standing on rock tiles. We have so much terrain right now that does nothing, except look pretty and don't get me wrong it makes map making more fun to be able to make riverbanks from sand and rocky cliffs. With grass, rock, sand, and swamp all being the same it would be nice to have figures that can take advantage of them.

Oh and Mohicans getting a bonus next to trees would be awesome.

Thanks for the last and greatest betrayal, of the last and greatest of human dreams.
-William S. Burroughs
Old May 11th, 2009, 06:21 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by albertic26 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

It would have to be Hunter Heroes, since I believe the Marrden Hounds and Glads are Hunters.

Thank you, TW. That was what I meant, but I forgot to specify about the hero part.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old May 11th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Where are you standing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugly1hornedmule View Post
I would love to see terrain specific abilities in general. Even if it was just bonus for standing on rock tiles. We have so much terrain right now that does nothing, except look pretty and don't get me wrong it makes map making more fun to be able to make riverbanks from sand and rocky cliffs. With grass, rock, sand, and swamp all being the same it would be nice to have figures that can take advantage of them.
I totally agree, that's actually one of the main reasons why I'd like to see the Marvel Wave 1 released (Sandman's in it, and I'm sure he'd get a bonus for standing on a sand tile).

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old May 11th, 2009, 07:00 PM

SymphonyScaper knows what's in an order marker SymphonyScaper knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Bonding is one of my favorite abilities in Heroscape, and nearly all my armies have some form of Bonding, because it is powerful and flexible.

The Hunter Bonding idea is a good one, and I like it. However, giving Bonding to "under-used" figures isn't the only way to make them more playable.

My collection: 4 RotV, 1 SotM, 2 BftU 1 Marvel, 1 TT, 1 VW, 2 TJ, 2 RttFF, 2 FotA, all expansions excluding exclusives, and every wave with almost x2 of all commons.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News