Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old January 26th, 2009, 11:52 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: Storing your collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonite View Post
4 go to your local store were they sell wood, nails, hammer, tape measure, and a saw
Why, when you can buy a bin for $15 at Walmart and save all the trouble and aggravation?

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14
Old January 27th, 2009, 12:24 AM

Pathdoc is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonite View Post
4 go to your local store were they sell wood, nails, hammer, tape measure, and a saw
Why, when you can buy a bin for $15 at Walmart and save all the trouble and aggravation?
But if he builds his own, he will not have time to post additional redundant threads in the wrong section of the forum!

A great place to stay in the Smoky Mountains: www.magnificent7cabin.com

Good Traders
stay_golden_PONYBOY
fil
Old January 27th, 2009, 12:56 AM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Finally, someone has started a storage thread.

At least someone is on the ball around here.

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob
Old January 27th, 2009, 08:51 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I've got this great idea..... let's find a thread that didn't need to be there, and make it into a two-page waste of someone's life by telling the OP over and over again to post in an existing thread. Then, I'll post here because I'm ticked off I wasted 5 minutes reading through all of it to see if anyone actually did have a good new storage idea.

Seriously (at this point) - there are 10 posts in this thread just telling him to post in an existing thread. 10. And, 8 of those were solely to bash him and added nothing else to the conversation.

The dude has 7 posts, and he's obviously new here. We have a million threads going in the General Discussion forum about how people are afraid the game is dying, and we spend 10 posts ridiculing a new member. One person can explain how to use Search function. I'd rather not drive a new player / site member from the website by attacking him.

/rant

As far as storing my figures, I have a 5 shelf bookshelf that all my minis are on, though I'm highly considering moving to those excellent plastic drawers. I have 6 plastic storage bins right now for my terrain, which I've separated by terrain type, but I'm thinking about switching that to storing my master set / expansion, since thats what most of the maps are based on. And, I have the super-sweet R˙chean (TM) make-up carrying case to bring to tourneys.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old January 27th, 2009, 01:40 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Good for you Killer Cactus! Save the sarcasm for some of the older, more experienced members. One informative nudge in the right direction is perfect. I see no reason why people gain satisfaction on beating up on others who do not have the skill level they posses. Help do not hurt. If they do not take the hint then so be it. My 10 year old wants to become a member but I will not let him untill he becomes more computer literate. He might just tell the newbie bashers where to stick it and be content playing with friends and relatives.

Any how, my storage at this moment is a mish mash of wall shelves, plastic containers and plano tackle boxes. The figures are on the shelves, terrain in the storage bin and dice, markers etc. in the plano tackle box. Works for us.
Old January 27th, 2009, 01:47 PM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

[quote=killercactus;749460]I've got this great idea..... let's find a thread that didn't need to be there, and make it into a two-page waste of someone's life by telling the OP over and over again to post in an existing thread. Then, I'll post here because I'm ticked off I wasted 5 minutes reading through all of it to see if anyone actually did have a good new storage idea.

Seriously (at this point) - there are 10 posts in this thread just telling him to post in an existing thread. 10. And, 8 of those were solely to bash him and added nothing else to the conversation.

The dude has 7 posts, and he's obviously new here. We have a million threads going in the General Discussion forum about how people are afraid the game is dying, and we spend 10 posts ridiculing a new member. One person can explain how to use Search function. I'd rather not drive a new player / site member from the website by attacking him.

/rant

+1

My figs/dice, order markers etc. are all in two Plano containers. My terrain is all in one, big cardboard box. A box it is quickly outgrowing.

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old January 27th, 2009, 05:23 PM

Sokol knows what's in an order marker Sokol knows what's in an order marker

I used to store my terrain in the original boxes, but found it too time consuming to pack everything away when I was done playing. Now I use Rubbermaid Roughneck Totes (the 17 gallon kind) for about $5 a pop. 3 of them hold most of my terrain. I use a smaller 10 gallon for my TT sets.

I keep my figures in plastic sandwich bags (organized by army), in SotM and RotV boxes.

One Game to rule them all, One Game to find them,
One Game to bring them all and in their wallets bind them
In the Land of Valhalla where the Valkyrie lie.
Old January 27th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
I think the more important question is....

Where do you store all your threads on storing your collection?
Well, I store mine in the Index.

In case some of the newer players haven't found it, the Index is a handy place I put together where many of the best and most used threads can all be found. (Suggestions for additions to the Index, via PM, are always welcome.)

Here is a sample:

Quote:
Storage

Hahn and Bunjee's Stanley vs. Plano Smackdown - the greatest battle of storage ideas ever

Storing the Jungle? - what to do with these new pieces (thanks Finrod for getting the thread started)
nether's - Stickers, etc (PG13) - lots of goodies in here (thanks nether!)
Cavalier's Storage Labels - just what it says
Card storage? - ideas for keeping your army cards safe and sorted
Card protectors? - I've seen several of theses (and use them myself)--very nice way to keep your cards safe
Portable Storage for Large Collections - thanks Blue Dane (and others) for sharing
Just_a_Bill's RotV-box Heroscape Collection Storage System - great way to re-use all those Master's set boxes
Spider Box Posse (aka New Tourney Box) - Onacara's wonder
Storing Figurines - lots of players share their ideas in this thread
Old January 27th, 2009, 06:25 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBluu View Post
I know that there are threads like this out there, but I need some more advice.
KC...this is the part of his post that didn't make sense.
Old January 27th, 2009, 07:16 PM

shotgunshawn Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
First of all ++rep killercactus
Second of all my post was not meant to ridicule him in any way I answered his question and asked him to post in an existing thread if he knows there is one. Just like if I were playing the game with someone new and they were about to break a rule I would tell them about it, calmly, politely. The thing is this is a web forum and like all web forums there are people here that like to be smart@$$es because there is really no danger of being cracked in the head on a message board.

I ran into it when I was new and I still run into it from time to time. I just let it slide and I hope BigBluu will to.
Old January 27th, 2009, 09:15 PM

Vydar is the man knows what's in an order marker Vydar is the man knows what's in an order marker

I use plastic drawers for the terrain and a Fishing lure box for figures (I think it is the Plano type someone mensioned earlier).

-Vitm

Do Good, Don't Suck. -PHS Stage Crew
Old January 27th, 2009, 10:34 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshawn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
First of all ++rep killercactus
Second of all my post was not meant to ridicule him in any way I answered his question and asked him to post in an existing thread if he knows there is one. Just like if I were playing the game with someone new and they were about to break a rule I would tell them about it, calmly, politely. The thing is this is a web forum and like all web forums there are people here that like to be smart@$$es because there is really no danger of being cracked in the head on a message board.

I ran into it when I was new and I still run into it from time to time. I just let it slide and I hope BigBluu will to.
If you really feel the need to crack someone in the head over a message board then you really should not be on one in the first place.

Not you...just in general.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News