Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old September 25th, 2007, 01:56 AM

Havokscry has disabled reputation
Picked up the Limited Collector's Edition for $60.90. Went on Live, downloaded the free themes. Must go to bed.

Oh and as for the PC vs. Console debate, who cares. If you want play Halo 3, your only option right now is the 360. Since this is a Halo 3 thread, why bring up the console vs. PC first person shooter debate? You have an argument a year down the road (or whenever) when it's released on the PC. Heck, PC Gamers can't even play Gears of War yet.

UPDATE: BEWARE OF THE COLLECTORS EDITION!!!!!!!!!! I opened up my copy this morning and both discs were scratched and scuffed up. They didn't lock the discs properly, so they were floating around the metal case. In addition, the metal case was dented and one side won't close. Because of the sleeve that it comes with, you have no way of knowing if the discs or the tin is alright. My only suggestion is to shake the tin a little, before you buy it. If you hear rattling, go on to the next one.

Old September 25th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
I think the reason that those remarks were somewhat applicable is that H3 is receiving its fair share of hype and I think it's important to keep it in perspective. It'll definitely be the best console shooter in a while, other than Gears of War but whether or not it's worth $60-100 when there are (potentially) stronger FPSs coming down the pipe for the PC is the question, or so it seems to me.

But on the other hand, this was a bit of a sidetrack.

Hope those who got their copies of Halo 3 are enjoying it, either way. My big day is Nov. 13th (Crysis).
Old September 25th, 2007, 05:52 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139
I can play Console FPS with relative ease. I mean, in the heat of battle I'll occasionally confuse the Turn and Aim joysticks, but I can still make it out for the most part. But Keyboard and Mouse... it's precise. Too precise. My hands arn't steady enough to aim in one place, so I end up just shooting around someone in an attempt to hit them. Plus, I find the Arrows Keys harder to move with. So yeah, I'm a console guy.
Too precise is my problem as well, but for a different reason. It just doesn't feel right to me. I point, click and shots go exactly where I want them to. I won't argue for a second that it's not a more efficient means of controlling a FPS and I have an easier time and more success in multiplayer, it's just that it doesn't seem quite as fun to me. I feel like I'm just clicking targets on the screen rather drawing a gun on the target and pulling the trigger. Mouse & Keyboard is certainly "better", but I find myself enjoying a game with the controller more.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games