Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old September 16th, 2019, 03:26 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
After seeing the group shot, I could see the figure being a Deathwalker. I don't know if everyone will see it that way though. Also, he looks beefier than 7000, almost like a 7500 series inbetween 7000 and 8000.
Yeah, tbh, that's my one concern - not sure where you'd place him that felt right, since he is beefier than 7000. Is it worth popping him next to 9000? Is he beefier than him? 10000?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 16th, 2019, 05:03 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
After seeing the group shot, I could see the figure being a Deathwalker. I don't know if everyone will see it that way though. Also, he looks beefier than 7000, almost like a 7500 series inbetween 7000 and 8000.
Yeah, tbh, that's my one concern - not sure where you'd place him that felt right, since he is beefier than 7000. Is it worth popping him next to 9000? Is he beefier than him? 10000?
He's not bigger than 9000. I think He's about the same as 8000.
Old September 22nd, 2019, 06:12 PM

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Fresh from the SoV submission thread. I need to fix the names of the powers these designs have.

Tenacity as Scytale put it "would be something that strives on through failure, not adding to success." Having had this power in this design for over a year, I'm reluctant to out right remove it entirely. If anyone has any naming suggestions for this power, PLEASE tell me.

Strategic Charge conflicts with the standard use of the word "Strategic" which is usually used on a power that has two effects, but you have to choose which one to want to use. I'm wanting to use "Tactical" in place of Strategic.
Quote:
The power adds 2 to their move, but it does not require you to move anywhere. You could run in the opposite direction if you wanted to. They are looking at the battle, and then choosing the best course of action. That could be to help the engaged figure, and that will often be the case, but it could also be to run towards a glyph, or to engage a different enemy figure, or any other number of things.

The theme is not reinforcements, it's strategy. When they are close enough to see the battle, they are motivated to move more quickly towards whatever needs to be done.
If you do not think that the name "Tactical Charge" fits the power well, please let me know. If you have any other name suggestions, please let me know.

Imposing Threat is a thematic break because dwarves are tiny, and Dalmar is only 3 life, 3 attack. The power mechanic describes some kind of protector, who is preventing the attacker from using their full attack. I need a power name that presents that thematically. Does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe something like Stalwart Protector? I'm open to all suggestions.
Old September 22nd, 2019, 06:22 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Suggestions

Scrappy and Protector of the Clan?

~Dysole, figuring she gave power suggestions last time, why not now
Old September 22nd, 2019, 06:30 PM

Re: Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post

Thank you.

So Protector of the clan is for Imposing threat. Is Scrappy for Tenacity, or is that also for Imposing threat?

Protector of the Clan sounds good, but it also implies that it would only work for other Dwarves.
Old September 22nd, 2019, 06:33 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

How about "Driven" or "Focused" instead of Tenacity?

And I like "Reinforcing Charge", to me it makes thematic sense. Get a movement bonus for helping out a teammate in need.

Quote:
Fresh from the SoV submission thread. I need to fix the names of the powers these designs have.

Tenacity as Scytale put it "would be something that strives on through failure, not adding to success." Having had this power in this design for over a year, I'm reluctant to out right remove it entirely. If anyone has any naming suggestions for this power, PLEASE tell me.

Strategic Charge conflicts with the standard use of the word "Strategic" which is usually used on a power that has two effects, but you have to choose which one to want to use. I'm wanting to use "Tactical" in place of Strategic.
Quote:
The power adds 2 to their move, but it does not require you to move anywhere. You could run in the opposite direction if you wanted to. They are looking at the battle, and then choosing the best course of action. That could be to help the engaged figure, and that will often be the case, but it could also be to run towards a glyph, or to engage a different enemy figure, or any other number of things.

The theme is not reinforcements, it's strategy. When they are close enough to see the battle, they are motivated to move more quickly towards whatever needs to be done.
If you do not think that the name "Tactical Charge" fits the power well, please let me know. If you have any other name suggestions, please let me know.

Imposing Threat is a thematic break because dwarves are tiny, and Dalmar is only 3 life, 3 attack. The power mechanic describes some kind of protector, who is preventing the attacker from using their full attack. I need a power name that presents that thematically. Does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe something like Stalwart Protector? I'm open to all suggestions.
Old September 22nd, 2019, 06:34 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post

Protector of the Clan is great!
Old September 22nd, 2019, 06:37 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I still find the name Tactical Charge to be a little weak thematically. Sure, it's a power that offers choices, but so does their regular, unenhanced movement. By the given definition, the word "tactical" or "strategic" could be meaningfully attached to any power that could be used to either advance or retreat, which covers almost every movement-based power in the game. It also doesn't really explain why the power triggers when it does. Why does seeing an engaged ally make the dwarves more tactical?

It might help to have the power name focus on what is causing the dwarves to move faster, rather than what the implications of them being able to are. How about something like Inspired Charge?

Outside of naming, I have some small quibbles with Dalmar. I think some of the conditions of his protection power could be trimmed to make it an easier read, particularly if you're re-theming the power to make it strictly about harrying an enemy to protect his allies. I also think that the Charge ability is much less interesting on a bonding Unique Hero than a Squad. My personal preference would be to cut it from Dalmar and to just bring his move up to 5, in line with the other dwarf heroes. I haven't played him though, so I could be wrong in thinking that it adds little.
Old September 22nd, 2019, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericth74 View Post
How about "Driven" or "Focused" instead of Tenacity?

And I like "Reinforcing Charge", to me it makes thematic sense. Get a movement bonus for helping out a teammate in need.
Those sound good. Could be added to Warrior as well. Driven Warriors... Focused Warriors... I like it. Now it just depends on whether everyone else likes it too.

"Reinforcing Charge" falls under the same issues as my original name for the power, which was "Charge into Battle". I imagine the same people will find fault with "Reinforcing Charge" as well. The issue they had was that the name implies you are going towards your allies, and helping them, but the ability just adds 2 move, and doesn't actually require you to "reinforce" or "charge into battle" at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Your Pie View Post
I still find the name Tactical Charge to be a little weak thematically. Sure, it's a power that offers choices, but so does their regular, unenhanced movement. By the given definition, the word "tactical" or "strategic" could be meaningfully attached to any power that could be used to either advance or retreat, which covers almost every movement-based power in the game. It also doesn't really explain why the power triggers when it does. Why does seeing an engaged ally make the dwarves more tactical?

It might help to have the power name focus on what is causing the dwarves to move faster, rather than what the implications of them being able to are. How about something like Inspired Charge?

Outside of naming, I have some small quibbles with Dalmar. I think some of the conditions of his protection power could be trimmed to make it an easier read, particularly if you're re-theming the power to make it strictly about harrying an enemy to protect his allies. I also think that the Charge ability is much less interesting on a bonding Unique Hero than a Squad. My personal preference would be to cut it from Dalmar and to just bring his move up to 5, in line with the other dwarf heroes. I haven't played him though, so I could be wrong in thinking that it adds little.
I think you might be right about the naming of Strategic/Tactical Charge. Inspired Charge could work. It doesn't imply engaging the enemy, which is good.

The conditions are [be engaged with Dalmar]. The effect is [roll one less attack die when attacking normally] and this applies to [small and medium common figures who are friendly to Dalmar]. Obviously being engaged with Dalmar isn't something that can be trimmed. The effect can't really be trimmed. So that leaves [small and medium common figures who are friendly to Dalmar. Should I remove the size restriction, the friendly restriction, or the common restriction?

I think that the charge ability is actually more thematic for Dalmar, than the squad. This is because Dalmar's role is to protect his allies/inhibit the enemy, so seeing an ally that is fighting, will show him a situation where he can use his ability.

The Charge is still interesting on the squad though, because there are situations where you are moving the squad alone, and one of them engages, and that activates the power on the other 3, allowing them to slingshot forward, or wherever you need them to go, once the first dwarf is able to engage.
Old September 22nd, 2019, 08:06 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The size and common restrictions are the ones I was sideyeing. I think the size restriction is the one that reads the most messily and is also the least likely to come up. The common restriction would be a substantive design change, since protecting other bonders such as Darrak could be quite useful. It's up to you if you want to go that route. Since the theme I get from the ability suggest more interfering with enemies and reducing their attack rather than outright forcing them to attack him, I think you can justify whichever direction you want to take.

As for the Charge, Dalmar's drive to protect his fellow dwarves is already represented in his ability to protect them. He doesn't need a second ability to sell that theme, or even to suggest his playstyle--his first ability already tells the player that he wants to engage the same enemy as his fellow dwarves, both thematically and mechanically. If the power makes him interesting mechanically, then keep it, but if it's mostly for flavor, you'd just be double dipping.
Old September 22nd, 2019, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Your Pie View Post
The size and common restrictions are the ones I was sideyeing. I think the size restriction is the one that reads the most messily and is also the least likely to come up. The common restriction would be a substantive design change, since protecting other bonders such as Darrak could be quite useful. It's up to you if you want to go that route. Since the theme I get from the ability suggest more interfering with enemies and reducing their attack rather than outright forcing them to attack him, I think you can justify whichever direction you want to take.

As for the Charge, Dalmar's drive to protect his fellow dwarves is already represented in his ability to protect them. He doesn't need a second ability to sell that theme, or even to suggest his playstyle--his first ability already tells the player that he wants to engage the same enemy as his fellow dwarves, both thematically and mechanically. If the power makes him interesting mechanically, then keep it, but if it's mostly for flavor, you'd just be double dipping.
I am okay with removing the size restriction. There aren't very many large commons anyway, and none of them bond with Dalmar, so I don't think it will change him much.

When I came up with the machanics for the charge, I liked the concept of seeing something that made the character want to go faster, than they were currently going. If you are running a race, you are trying to go fast, but seeing the finish line will give you a small burst of speed to help get you to there. I think that concept is common enough, that the ability could be reused on many different designs.
Old September 23rd, 2019, 12:09 AM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

For the Great Axes, rename "Tenacity" to "Adrenaline," and "Strategic Charge" to "Into the Fray".

For Dalmar, I agree with All Your Pie--change his Move to 5 and remove Strategic Charge entirely; Dwarven Heroes don't share abilities with squads.

I don't like "Imposing Threat" at all, neither the title or what it does. Tandros Kreel's Combat Challenge makes thematic sense, but I don't know why "Imposing Threat" should impede only attacks on small/medium targets.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards